SvC PS2 Preorders at NCS already.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Check it out. It's all the way at the bottom.

Wanna know what really kicks some ass?

That it's Terry, Mr. SNK himself, on the cover and not schoolboy, Kyo. Very nice.

I may buy this even though I don't even have a PS2.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Count me in. I own the Jamma but I'm still getting this.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
RyoGeo said:
Wanna know what really kicks some ass?

That it's Terry, Mr. SNK himself, on the cover and not schoolboy, Kyo. Very nice.

I may buy this even though I don't even have a PS2.
Although, Ken is not Mr Capcom...
Had it been Ryu instead of Ken, it would have meant they considered Terry as the SNK representative guy...

But in this case, it just means they wanted to put the "secondary characters" on the cover for once, in my opinion... :p

RyoGeo

Re: Re: SvC PS2 Preorders at NCS already.

Inazuma said:
Although, Ken is not Mr Capcom...
Had it been Ryu instead of Ken, it would have meant they considered Terry as the SNK representative guy...

But in this case, it just means they wanted to put the "secondary characters" on the cover for once, in my opinion... :p

You're absolutely right, Inazuma. In Terry's case, though, they just happen to be wrong. :glee:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
They did it the same way in MOTM.

Terry = Ken
Kyo = Ryu

I think its more for physical appearance, characters attitude, and country of origin.

It makes sense when you think about it more.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Yeah cool, its been added to the consumer section at snkp website.

The KOF 2003 page is open too, though there is fuck all sans the title art to look at.

RyoGeo

Nesagwa said:
They did it the same way in MOTM.

Terry = Ken
Kyo = Ryu

I think its more for physical appearance, characters attitude, and country of origin.

It makes sense when you think about it more.

If they were going for a "Long Lost Cousin" theme, I would be behind you all the way, Nes'. However, they seemingly decided that Kyo was the representative for SNK, rather than Terry. No way. Terry is SNK in my book. From Fatal Fury to Mark of the Wolves, Terry is the man in the same way Ryo is.

Is just BS fanboy crap anyway, but I still think Terry should be the main character for SNK, not some just out of High school kid.:p

Baseley09

Hair Group,
RyoGeo said:
If they were going for a "Long Lost Cousin" theme, I would be behind you all the way, Nes'. However, they seemingly decided that Kyo was the representative for SNK, rather than Terry. No way. Terry is SNK in my book. From Fatal Fury to Mark of the Wolves, Terry is the man in the same way Ryo is.

Is just BS fanboy crap anyway, but I still think Terry should be the main character for SNK, not some just out of High school kid.:p

Kyo has the same problem as Rodimus Prime.

Seems that in a similar way that hasbro needed a fresh youthfull face to market the product line, SNK went down that route with using Kyo

Would explain more but cant be botherd.Sorry.

RyoGeo

Baseley09 said:
Kyo has the same problem as Rodimus Prime.

Seems that in a similar way that hasbro needed a fresh youthfull face to market the product line, SNK went down that route with using Kyo

Would explain more but cant be botherd.Sorry.

Ha ha! The perfect analogy, Baseley! Season three did indeed suck.:glee:

Matrix my ass. Some tricked out low rider shall not lead the Autobots.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah... Personally, I'd rather see Kyo as a rival to like... Batsu. :p
Although the latter is not famous enough.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I think Ryo is the perfect Ryu counterpart. Both want nothing more than to be the best and represent their art. I'd put my money on Ryo though. Ryu is too torn by his darkside. That's a weakness that Ryo learned to exploit long ago when he took down his own father.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nah... It'd make both companies look too... Similar.

And no matter how you look at it, Ryo was a Ryu wannabe at first, although he evolved with time.

Terry is totally original and would be a cool counterpart to Ryu. They both have the "wandering guy" style...
And he DOES represent SNK in SvC CFC 1 and 2... On the box art and all.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I'm talking character wise not marketing. I also think Joe and Ken would be great rivals. They'd probably get along really well after match too. lol

I agree about Terry being the SNK king. Japanese companies don't usually market american characters as headliners though. Refreshing to see a double US cover for the port.

Who else wants to see Ralf and Clark rip Guile and Charlie apart?