SNK vs Capcom Chaos combo DVD

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Neo Bomber Man said:
Anyone care to or able to comment on the contents?
I would, but I won't be able to until early November. I'm holding off ordering the SVC DVD until the end of this month, so I can get it along with the STREET FIGHTER SAGA DVD (on sale 10/30, iirc) at the same time.

--Chris

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
It seems that this DVD is really great.
I know someone that bought it and he said the DVD is better than the DVD of KOF2k2 with really impressive combos.
But the DVD is really expensive...

laurent

Geese's Thug
dvd

one thing is really interesting in this dvd all combos are perform with a great replay to understand all the combos well:p

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Ordered it two days ago, should arrive any day now.

Ironically enough, later on in the day I ordered it, I saw a copy at the local Yodobashi Camera, which I could have bought right there and then had I not... already ordered it.

Damn.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Can anyone list some of the advanced combos the dvd has.
Or can anybody say how many combos this dvd has for each character.

This info would be help full, as i might buy it.

Robert

20 Year Member
Interesting!!!:smirk:
Perhaps I will take it to learn how to play the game well.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
i'll try to post up when i get the dvd, which should be tomorrow or wednesday at the latest ;)

Sklabah

Another Striker
Is this an all-region DVD, or a standard Japanese "3" ?

I am interested. Chris, are you getting it through the Mitsuya bookstore. They've been great to me for CvS Extreme Encounter and most recently, SF Eternal Challenge. What a great artbook!

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Sklabah said:
Is this an all-region DVD, or a standard Japanese "3" ?
Pingu said:
Isn't Japanese discs region "2"?
All of the Famitsuu DVDs (KOF'02, SVC, SF SAGA, etc.) are Japanese standard Region-2 (mainland Asia is Region-3).
Sklabah said:
I am interested. Chris, are you getting it through the Mitsuya bookstore. They've been great to me for CvS Extreme Encounter and most recently, SF Eternal Challenge. What a great artbook!
I'm getting mine thru a buddy in Japan. Ordinarily, I'd request these thru my online shop's Japanese supplier, but they're not able to source them as Famitsuu only releases them to a very few retail chains in Japan. Most of their sales for these DVDs seem to occur online (via the ASCII and PlayStation websites). Because of this, my shop won't carry these items, unfortunately. I don't know if Asahiya or Kinokuniya bookstores can source these, as I've never asked them.

--Chris

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
w00t.

My DVD came in the mail today. Just finished watching it.

It's 82 minutes long, and divded into six chapters (plus a seventh bonus chapter). All combos and moves have the appropriate notation at the top of the screen (except for the match videos).

Even if you can't speak or read Japanese, I think this is still a pretty useful DVD. Most of the combos are pretty evident if you're already familiar with the characters and moves, plus the matches are really fun to watch (there's a really great match between Ken and Terry at the beginning, Ken takes a beating then makes a comeback at the very last second...).

1) Šî–{˜A‘±‹Z kihon renzoku waza Basic Combos
Two combos for every character are shown. The second combo usually involves a DM.

2) EXCEED˜A‘±‹Z exceed renzoku waza Exceed Combos
One exceed combo for 17 characters: Kyo, Terry, Mai, Kim, Ryo, Mr.Karate, Genjuro, Shiki, Goenitz, Mars People, Orochi Iori, Ryo, Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, Dhalsim, and Bison (the boxer)

3) MANAIC RUSH
One advanced combo for the following characters: Balrog (with the mask and claws), Sagat, Gouki, Hugo, Tabasa, Dan, Demitri, Violent Ken, Kyo, Mr.Karate, Earthquake, Guile, Bison (the boxer), Terry, Ken, Ryo, Shiki, Kyo (again), Kasumi, Violent Ken (again), Tabasa (again), Mai, Genjuro, and Gouki (again)

4) SYSTEM‰ð￾Í system kaiseki System Analysis
A look at the throw and guard cancel system.

5) SELECTED BATTLE by ARCADIA
The 28 best matches chosen out of the 200 matches in a recent Arcadia tournament.

6) BOSS￾U—ª boss kouryaku Boss Strategies
Strategies on how to beat Shin Gouki, Rough N Ready Mr.Karate, Athena, and Red Arremer

*7) BONUS
The endings for all the characters.

The DVD insert contains all the notation for the Exceed and Maniac combos featured in the videos.

All and all a great resource (now if I can only get my hands on the KOF2002 DVD...)

-tsuka

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
i've watched most of it except the matches (saving those for last) and i'm very satisfied with the dvd. got to see some nice practical combos for all the characters and some flashy stuff too.

tabasa's max mode combo (dp+C(c), df + D...) was hella funny the first time i watched it.

terry's double geyser into buster wolf was nice too.

plenty to work on when the cart arrives...

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
tsukaesugi said:
w00t.

My DVD came in the mail today. Just finished watching it.

snip

Well I totally forgot about the thread despite starting it.

Thanks much for the report. Honestly I feel like not purchasing it now. Only 4~5 combos max per character? Granted some combos are so commonplace knowledge that only cave-dwellers would "learn" them from the DVD, though really, I would have hoped for something more as per the differing assortement of chain and special moves any character has in any given game.

You should have no trouble purchasing the 2002 DVD however. Plenty of cheap ones on Yahoo Japan, and Sofmap still carries them, if they exist over in the Tokyo area.

Last edited:

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Re: dvd

laurent said:
one thing is really interesting in this dvd all combos are perform with a great replay to understand all the combos well:p

I don't think they have done that since World Heroes 2!

Bob Sagat

n00b
Anyone know an english site preferably located in North America that I can order this DVD from? If I have to I will order from Japan though.

Thanks in advance.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
tsukaesugi said:
Why thank you very much sir, just put in my bid.

If I win it, then I shall most definitely owe you one.

My pleasure. One day I really have to buy one of my own too.