SNK does not want to censor US playstation 2 releases

D

destra3

I just got an e-mail back from SNK, I went to the new site and wanted to know about the censorship issue that has plauged releases for American systems.

i asked if the U.S. releases were to be censored and that i didn't think there was need for it.

here is what i got from snk!

We agree. All games are rated by ESRB. PS2 KOF 2000/2001 will be "T".

Please note that my E-mail address has changed to
bh@snkneogeousaconsumer.com

Ben Herman, President
SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORP.

(edited)

E-mail: bh@snkneogeousaconsumer.com

whoa, this only took a day to get back, and he left all his contact info.

So this means that at the very least, the new KOF 2-pack will be uncensored, and snk vs capcom chaos will probably be uncensored as well.

Now, only thing to wonder is if they will go all the way with an M for Samaurai Showdown 5...

look, if he sent a complete stranger his info in an email, maybe that means that anyone can call it.

Last edited:

Shin Guile X

Mickey's Coach
That's great news. Hopefully there will stiill be the blood and so forth in the game.

KOF isn't that big a deal for me as Metal Slug or Last Blade. I pray to God they don't censor them, esp. Metal Slug by putting in white blood... err sweat. It just looks awful.

Last edited:
D

destra3

last blade's censorship forced me to track down and import the DC final editon version.

If metal slug 3 comes to the states censored, i WILL NOT BUY IT. it is as simple as that, i did not like Metal Slug X being censored on ps1, and i am not buying it if it is censored.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Well when I went to the Winnetika event way back in July, one of the SNK reps told me the same thing. He said games like MS3 WOULD be uncensored in home versions, but they'd still have the option to turn blood off. He then pointed out to me saying something like "If you see the blood in games like Metal Slug, that stuff's WAY too violent to be shown in a public arcade, but we know in someone's home it's fine."

Glad to hear official confirmation myself, I ws going to send an email to them on the same subject, I probably still will, since I have other questions to ask as well.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I think thats strange that a system which has a huge percentage of younger players is allowed to have these games uncensored, yet the more adult orientated neo geo due to the huge price tag always gets the games censored.
Its a fucked up world :)

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Even if the games are censored I will buy them anyway to support SNK. I'll just pretend that Mai's tits bounce and everybody bleeds to death in Metal Slug 3.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
EvilMike said:
Posting someone's cell phone # on the internet :rolleyes:

Yes, he sent that contact info to you, he didn't post it on the web, you really should edit that.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
YuckMud said:
Even if the games are censored I will buy them anyway to support SNK. I'll just pretend that Mai's tits bounce and everybody bleeds to death in Metal Slug 3.
When there was white blood in samurai shodown, to avoid the dissapointment, i use to pretend that they all had injections to make their blood white for the tournament so it was more fun for me lol

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lee Gray said:
When there was white blood in samurai shodown, to avoid the dissapointment, i use to pretend that they all had injections to make their blood white for the tournament so it was more fun for me lol
Who's your dealer ? :rolleyes:

D

destra3

i edited his info, but why in the hell he gave it to a complete stranger is beyond me.

Hide

Banned
Imo,

Ben's just being friendly to the people who supports the company he's working for.

He wants to make the fans happy and stuff like that.

Maybe you misintepreted what he meant and thought : ''Hey why did this guy hand me his Mobile no.?''

I mean let's say u really would like to know a girl and upon sending her an email, you get a fruitful reply with her mobile no. included.

Are you gonna be like : ''Damn this girl must be loose''

As a matter of fact, you were exploiting his trust.

I just wanna express my views as I didn't feel good after reading the post right before mine.

:shame:

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
destra3 said:
last blade's censorship forced me to track down and import the DC final editon version.

LB2 on DC is censored? aw f*ckbeans, i just won the us version on ebay, don't suppose you know if the original jap versions is censored too? (it probably isn't, but it does tend to go a bit cheaper than final edition and i need to consider my pocket.)

D

destra3

all jap versions of last blade 2 on dreamcast are uncensored as far as i know.

the ORIGINAL release by SNK is the same as the final edition, except the final edition version has a better looking disc (it is amazing, as the image is ENGRAVED on the disc) and a different cover.

i think the original last blade 2 japanese DC version is a bit harder to find.

go to www.therage.com , they have the import last blade for DC for cheap

and get ridda that damn censored American version. gahh i was pissed with it.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm not going to believe this until I see some bouncing boobs next month.