Metal Slug Advance to make use of E-Card reader.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Yes, straight from the horses mouth. Unlimitied new mission possibilities. If you don't belive me see what the new Super Mario Advance is doing with it (SMB3).

Bonus Features:
Newly introduced, METAL SLUG® E-cards.
Collect over 100 different types of E-cards to enhance your abilities and to assist in the completion of your missions.
Linky!!

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I don't think this has anything to do with E-Reader cards...but with "cards" within the game.

Like killing certain soldiers and getting cards that when equipped, power up your gun, etc.

At least that's the way I read it...

Shapermc

I would think that except why would they have not called it something else then? Why E-Card? I mean... seriously that would just be way too confusing.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Nah, it says ecards. I wonder what they'll do with them, maybe cool minigames..

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
I don't think this has anything to do with E-Reader cards...but with "cards" within the game.

Like killing certain soldiers and getting cards that when equipped, power up your gun, etc.

:spock:

Definately e-Reader cards...

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I dunno, but I can't believe SNKP is supporting the EReader Card...
I can't believe ANY company would be supporting it besides Nintendo...

I dunno, I guess we'll see. Or someone could write in and ask?

Shapermc

c.t.h said:
Nah, it says ecards. I wonder what they'll do with them, maybe cool minigames..
Well one can only hope that it is as much as with SMB3 e-cards. I mean look at what the SMB3 E-Cards will do:

Source IGN:
There will be three different types of cards created for Super Mario Advance 4: Demo cards, Item cards, and Level cards. Demo cards are simply encoded with animation data that will play out specific scenarios automatically, showing gamers how to pull off particular tricks and moves. Item cards give players the opportunity to scan in useable power-ups whenever they need it; looking for a frog suit, music box, fire flower, or even a power mushroom? Find the card in a set and scan it in. The game's already a super challenge, and these power-up elements will definitely help players along the way.

But it's the Level cards that are the most significant of the bunch. On these Level cards will be an entirely unique level created specifically for that card. The data strip holds all the level information, and when uploaded to the game it pieces together that level using the existing elements within Super Mario Bros. 3, from platforms to question blocks to enemy locations. See, Nintendo can conceivably create an infinite amount of challenges through several different series of cards, either bought in stores or included for free in places like the company's own Nintendo Power magazine. The level card that's included in the box barely scratches the surface of what Nintendo plans with the feature, since these level cards can also activate gameplay elements not found in the actual Super Mario Bros. 3 game. Remember the turnip-throwing power of Super Mario Bros. 2 or the Cape power-up of Super Mario World? e-Reader levels can and will use these elements, plus new ones: in some levels, Mario can even wield the power of a boomerang used exclusively by one of the enemies in the main game. Nintendo will reportedly even create cards featuring levels from the original Super Mario Bros. game.

The Game Boy Advance cartridge even features an insane amount of storage space. Not only will it save as many as 32 scanned-in levels from the e-Reader and store three different player slots for the main Super Mario Bros. 3 adventure, it can also record two different player movies. These movies are simply controller and button recordings from a specific level, and players can save a particularly cool performance in a level to cartridge for future viewing. Nintendo poured an awful lot into what may be the last of the Super Mario Bros. remakes on the GBA.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Then again, maybe this is a smart move.

Toss the "dead in the water" hardware [E-Reader] to a bunch of Neo Geo fans...we'll waste the money on keeping it alive. Promise.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Shapermc said:
Well one can only hope that it is as much as with SMB3 e-cards. I mean look at what the SMB3 E-Cards will do:

Has anyone answered how you're going to scan the cards in with the E-Reader when the SMB3 cartridge is still inside the GBA?

Shapermc

Kid Aphex said:
Has anyone answered how you're going to scan the cards in with the E-Reader when the SMB3 cartridge is still inside the GBA?
Actually yes, and it is quite stupid... you need 2 GBa's :( On the up side, one could be a GBP... Oh well you know that Nintendo is only out to make money.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Shapermc said:
Actually yes, and it is quite stupid... you need 2 GBa's :( On the up side, one could be a GBP... Oh well you know that Nintendo is only out to make money.

Wow. You know, the idea is awesome if you ask me. Its seriously what the E-Reader Cards should've been doing for a while now. It's just that...

Well, first off TWO gbas? Kind of a hassle.
And second off, for me, I really only want to buy the JP GBA games...which leaves me high and dry. Oh well. I hope this catches on and tons of people buy it and go through with it.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Shapermc said:

That is pretty stupid. Lucky for me there is like 4 GBAs in my household.

I can't wait for this game. I loved the pocket versions of Metal Slug a lot. So I'm sure with extra power of GBA, it will be terrific. The e-Reader cards are kinda cool. I own an e-Reader and use it quite a lot actually.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
vongsundara said:
I loved the pocket versions of Metal Slug a lot. So I'm sure with extra power of GBA, it will be terrific.
I'm not that optimistic as you are...
I learnt the hard way that the GBA had 90% of shit games.
It's not because you liked the NGPC versions of MS that you'll like this one... Just look at... Say, KoF EX...
MS Advance could still be good though, time will tell. Although I think the sprites are too big for the size of the screen to begin with. (same size as NeoGeo ones whereas the GBA has a lower res)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Anyone noticed this ?

-> Lifebar outside a Slug ?

Weird.:confused:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Kid Aphex said:

*mortal kombat announcer voice*

aphex wins.