Need some help with decision about SVC Chaos

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
I want to get snk vs capcom chaos, but I don't have the funds right now! Should I get the PS2 version of the game or should I wait a couple of months for the AES version! I am thinking of getting the PS2 version of the game, but I have had bad experiences with the 2-d fighters on the PS2! Marvel vs capcom 2 sucked, the animation was horrible! Do any of you know if the graphics and animation are going to be the same as the AES version! I don't know what to do! What do you guys think? Where should I go with this? :oh_no:

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
The graphics are going to be BETTER than the AES with smoothed sprites and high res interface. Otherwise it should be the exact same game with a few seconds of loading.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 was a hack job done in five minutes by Capcom's janitor. Coming from a company that managed to get a 90% accurate version of Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the _PSone_ and managed to do decent (like 70-80%) versions of Marvel vs Capcom and the CPS3 game Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's obvious that they can do better.

Since you can't afford the AES version right now anyway, the PS2 version would be a very good choice. And if you do decide to get the AES for collection purposes later, you can wait until the price has dropped $50 and you will have gotten both for the price of one ^_^.

Edit: Oh, and MvC2's animation is pretty horrible to begin with, considering that some of the characters were drawn in 1994... then again, some of the SvC characters were drawn in 1996...

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
If you really can't afford it, wait for the PS2 version, iet would be sad to miss that game.

But if you can wait and manage in a few months to get the money, go for the AES:buttrock:
you'll be happy to rember what you went trough to get this game, and it will get more value to you.
This game should be in any neo fan's collection.
And you know sometime better graphique and more option don't make a better game, they just kill the neo spirit.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
PS2 version has sweeter cover art...

Just get the port and buy the NGH cart later if you really want it.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
If you can find it later.
I couldent see my self buying it for that much so I decided to get the port. I spent the other money on a Tapwave Zodiac instead.