New Site, Slightly better english!

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Wow!!!

Killer site alright :smirk: . About time they started giving us better info. I was looking for software that translate Kanji, but this is much easier. Thanks for the link. :cool:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
nruva said:
Key thing to point out...

They refer to the home edition as So, I guess that is official now. ;)

-Nick

Oh christ.. you know what that means..

Robert

20 Year Member
Have you seen that if you go to the online store, there is a like to neo-geo.com. And if you try to buy SvC online, it says that neo-geo.com is the official disributor.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
rarehero said:
is that a pic of what the art is going to be for the us release on the flyer?
http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com/consumer/ps2.shtml

kof2001_ad.jpg

nruva said:
Key thing to point out...

They refer to the home edition as So, I guess that is official now. ;)

-Nick

I´m really tired of that discussion...

just use whatever you prefer.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
metallizer said:
I´m really tired of that discussion...

just use whatever you prefer.

No no no no no! Now come on... this is something funny... the new site calls home games AES. There was always an argument here on what they should be called... Now, maybe it is due to the term being used here, or, from feed back from SNKP, but the games are called AES. That is something my friend, tired or not, it is something.

-Nick

nruva said:
No no no no no! Now come on... this is something funny... the new site calls home games AES. There was always an argument here on what they should be called... Now, maybe it is due to the term being used here, or, from feed back from SNKP, but the games are called AES. That is something my friend, tired or not, it is something.

-Nick
...so I´ll throw some gasoline on the fire.

AES/AES Cartridge

Term first coined by Dion Dakis of NeoGeoFreak/NGF-USA in early 1999 to represent cartridges that were meant for consumer use (home cartridges). Stands for Advanced Entertainment System. The term originally described the system itself: the English language logo for the NeoGeo had “Advanced Entertainment System” stamped between the Neo and Geo -fulfilling the Japanese love for adding superlatives to their product descriptions. The term originally was not well approved by some people in the beginning because people were used to calling them "home cart." But as Dion kept pointing out, anything in the home could be called a home cart: (i.e. "MVS carts are home carts if they are in your home."). The term "AES" has now become a popular short hand for describing a home/consumer cartridge and is now 100% accepted, used, and understood by all. (i.e. “I traded my Neo CD system for his Metal Slug 3 AES.”). AES carts are not compatible with the arcade (MVS) system (except by conversion).

happy now?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I was happy before... and still am, thanks for asking though!

-Nick

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
it thrill you with its peerless pixel action

Heh, great description of Metal Slug Advance. Im pumped for this title, i can't wait for it to come out.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Wow man, I seriously have to say...

SNKP are getting their shit together.
Their magazine ads [2000+2001 KOF game] look impressive...are they actually going to PUBLISH them in a magazine?! SNK Advertising in the US?! That's crazy---welcome to 1993.

I think its great that they're trying to shape an image of themselves and put it out there for the general gaming public to see...hopefully this "endeavour" is going to make some money so we can see Neo support for a long time to come.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
And following the links to the stores that sell SNKP products . . .

Metal Slug Advance to be released 1/12/04!!!:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Also, Neo Store is listed as "Exclusive Distributor for SNK NEOGEO® AES Products." Kinda cool.

Nice you get some sanctioned recognition, Shawn. :buttrock:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yep, definite congrats to Shawn for being the sole distributor of our English AES releases!! You definitely earned it. :)

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
I heard Dion is actually working for SNK Neo Geo Consumer now. He is the Vice President of Acronyms...:loco: :make_fac: :drool_2:

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
leepantalone said:
I heard Dion is actually working for SNK Neo Geo Consumer now. He is the Vice President of Acronyms...:loco: :make_fac: :drool_2:

Ha ha! Good one, Lee. I noticed that too.:glee:

Robert

20 Year Member
Leepantalone, please don't tell me that you will use the entire matrimelee character selection in your sig!!!!!

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
RyoGeo said:
And following the links to the stores that sell SNKP products . . .

Metal Slug Advance to be released 1/12/04!!!:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Also, Neo Store is listed as "Exclusive Distributor for SNK NEOGEO® AES Products." Kinda cool.

Nice you get some sanctioned recognition, Shawn. :buttrock:

Uh oh, it says it will support the E-cards.

My bank account is going to be empty after purchasing a Gameboy Advance, a Metal Slug Advance AND an E-card reader.

By the way, are the E-card readers compatible with SP?

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
I found this funny - they hired this public relations company that has worked for:

NEC Interchannel - DEAD
TDK Mediactive - DEAD
Ubi Soft Entertainment
Acclaim Entertainment,
The 3DO Company- DEAD
SNK - DEAD
Agetec - dunno
Tsunami Visual Technologies - dunno
Broderbund - dunno
Data East USA - DEAD

They have a great hit rate of working with successful companies :p

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
bokmeow said:
Uh oh, it says it will support the E-cards.

My bank account is going to be empty after purchasing a Gameboy Advance, a Metal Slug Advance AND an E-card reader.

By the way, are the E-card readers compatible with SP?

I knowticed this as well and since it is getting little to no discussion I am starting a new thread befor it disapears. Ask your question there.