KOF 2003 Oficial Site!

yashiroTCM

Hardened Shock Trooper
So, finally SNK-Playmore has uploaded KOF 2003 Oficial Site

<HERE>

Still no info has been revealed... but we should expect it soon :p

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Wow, looks like SNKP hired a LEGITIMATE graphics artist. That logo kicks ass, as does the background for it on that page.

The MS5 logo is the shit too...good to see some design sense in SNKP's paraphenalia.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
I love that logo. Glad to see a actual image of it. Nice to see the site already up as well, means we should see some info soon...

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I know someone will be asking what the Japanese text says on the official site, so here's the translation:

[Now, the door to a brand new battle will open. The anticapted new chapter of King of Fighters, unveils at long last!]

[The King of Fighters 2003, scheduled to appear in December!]

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Dash no Chris said:
Only if someone didn't click the link in the 2nd post in this thread.;)

--Chris

Geese's Limo Driver owned by Fio's Quartermaster:crying:

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
i'm still uncertain wether or not i like the new logo, maybe if it were red? Ah well, as long as the 'F' has the same basic design, it's ok i suppose.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
GENOCIDE CUTTER '94 said:
i'm still uncertain wether or not i like the new logo, maybe if it were red? Ah well, as long as the 'F' has the same basic design, it's ok i suppose.
I've been curious about the significance (if there is any) of the green whirlpool/swirl graphic behind the title portion of the logo.

--Chris

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
Ugh...their typographer stinks. This is the worst logo yet. Seriously. SNK's product identity logos have been in the crapper recently (although SS Zero wasn't too bad).

Orange and green say nothing about 3v3 fighting. Nothing. Blood red, pearl white, or maybe orange and red for flames would be good. Or perhaps something with metallic grays and blacks--that'd be slick. But orange and green are really garish colors that don't complement each other.

And the design for that green swirl is incredibly distracting. The vibrant green plus the complex shape rip the emphasis away from the text.

Then they tried to counteract that with specular lighting that's way too strong. It makes the whole thing look overly reflective. Add that to the really useless shift down the midline of the text, and it's just way too busy. From a distance, where the logo's really going to be doing its work, those little modifications will just look like mistakes.

The canted K and F are nice, though. The bevels on them aren't too bad, and the typeface chosen is KOF'ey. But the rest of the letters are just too glittery, and detract from the K and the F. Plus, they're really too tall in relation to the K and the F.

Overall, it's really an ugly logo to me. Maybe if they ripped out everything but the K and the F, and used that as the trendy new logo for the game...then used that K and F for a full logo that was a little more refined and less busy. This logo is just too glittery and ridiculous to be used for any sort of merchandise... that I'd buy, at least. Ask yourself that, by the way...ask yourself if you'd actually wear this logo. Ask yourself how it'll look on a cart insert, or a CD case. Plus, try comparing this to KOF's previous logos. I did, and I didn't like the results at all... this slow progression into crappiness.

I like SNK a lot.

But I'm not going to be blind to the current quality of their logos because of nostalgia. If you really like SNK, you should tell them when they suck rather than praising everything they make. Otherwise, they'll just keep getting worse and worse because your input consists of lies.

But if you really, honestly like this logo, more power to you. And if most of you like this logo, and I don't, then just forget my rant.

Anyways, I'll leave you with one more thing. Take this logo, and remove the SNK from it. Pretend it's, say, Square's. Or Konami's. Take the SNK love out of the equation. Better yet, make it the logo for a game from a gaming company you hate the most.

What would you think of it then?

- Ven

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I agree that the glitter was abit over done BUT I'm looking at the logo and damn if that K and F is'nt standing out at me..
I am hoping that all the sprites were redrawn and most will be new characters.. Even if they decide to make it one on one again,that would be cool. KOF '96 strikes me as a game that would have worked better as a singles competition game imo.
I really really hope they go retro with the character selction..like bring in classic characters that have'nt received alot of exposure through the years or introduce new ones..
the same teams year after year... ENUFF NOW.
-BB