Samurai Showdown 5 - $450 !!!

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Samurai Showdown 5 has been out for 1 day and its already going for $450 !!!

Where? Would you ask... well I saw it here:

http://www.coinopexpress.com

So now, between SS5 at $450 and that SVC Chaos PLUS Edition MVS cart fro $200 I do not know which to chose.

Last edited:

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
That is a great price. Even with shipping it's cheaper than anything for sale in the US. Good find. :buttrock:

(still waiting though ;) )

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Howdoin said:
So now, between SS5 at $450 and that SVC Chaos PLUS Edition MVS cart fro $200 I do not know which to chose (Well I actually got a SVC + :cool: ).
Ok so after finding out that the SvC+ is a boot leg in another thread you started you went and bought it anyways.... then came back to brag about it....

ass.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Yes I am an ass, I already bought several original kits (That I all sold but one) and wanted to see what this one was about...

People here where all about that Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon just a couple month ago, what's the difference? None but one would be more acceptable than the other? I don't think so.

Maybe I should not brag about getting that boot (My first ever), true, but on the other hand I am not among the people here who flame everybody on this board for having a boot and go buy stuff from Japhei (why are discussion always coming back to him?) thanks to the usefull "private auction". (Not that you are one of them but I know many here are).

Robert

20 Year Member
in this website you can find some GGX 1.5+ atomiswave mother board for 450$ :drool_2:

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Howdoin said:
So now, between SS5 at $450 and that SVC Chaos PLUS Edition MVS cart fro $200 I do not know which to chose (Well I actually got a SVC + ).

This SvC bootlegging is really getting out of hand.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
SvsC Plus is just like all the other + iterations of KOF. Nothing more than a wire hack done (well on legit carts, the boot is another story) to allow boss play. Usually they are decent hacks, but some have color glitches and etc when the boss characters are used. Call me foolish, but I fail to see the novelty of these items. Sure, it is fun for a go or two with a boss that explodes into rainbows and can crash the game at any given second (like in KOF99+), but after the intial wow factor wears off... what's the point. A broken character that can possible crash the game doesn't equal fun.

So... yeah... just my rant,

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
By the way, Coinop Express is a good seller, but like most Hong Kong shops (most of their stock is from there, even though they are not located there)... they sell a lot of boots. I would not be surprised to find out that this is a bootleg cart of SS5 for $450.

Now... They also are kind of hard to get a straight answer out of when it is dealing with boots... That is why I don't like to deal with them too often. I would email Cosmicco, ask them what an original cart is going for... and they will tell you without any need for you to doubt it.

COSMICCO=TEH BEST!

-Nick

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
nruva said:
By the way, Coinop Express is a good seller, but like most Hong Kong shops (most of their stock is from there, even though they are not located there)... they sell a lot of boots. I would not be surprised to find out that this is a bootleg cart of SS5 for $450.

Now... They also are kind of hard to get a straight answer out of when it is dealing with boots... That is why I don't like to deal with them too often. I would email Cosmicco, ask them what an original cart is going for... and they will tell you without any need for you to doubt it.

COSMICCO=TEH BEST!

-Nick

Does cosmicco have a web site?

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
nruva said:
Now... They also are kind of hard to get a straight answer out of when it is dealing with boots... That is why I don't like to deal with them too often.

You just have to know their code words.

Economy = Bootleg

This is how Coinop Express works. They also WAY overcharge for shipping, but no one even comes close to their invintorty selection of harder to find g Jamma boards. The only time that I ever order from them is with other people to save on shipping.

-Regards

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Howdoin
So now, between SS5 at $450 and that SVC Chaos PLUS Edition MVS cart fro $200 I do not know which to chose (Well I actually got a SVC + ).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so after finding out that the SvC+ is a boot leg in another thread you started you went and bought it anyways.... then came back to brag about it....

ass.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You said Ass :glee:

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Yup he said ass... Actually I deceided not to get it ang get a MGCD instead...way more woth my money if u ask me as I already have the original SVC Jamma board.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Howdoin said:
Yup he said ass... Actually I deceided not to get it ang get a MGCD instead...way more woth my money if u ask me as I already have the original SVC Jamma board.

Give the man a cookie... I know it is tempting to get these oddities, but really, they are doing a lot more harm than good to SNK in the long run. The best thing is for the bootleggers to be sitting on mounds of hacked carts that won't sell... Of course that is a dream, but... a nice dream you must admit.

Now... bring on that official cart!

-Nick

Last edited:

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
mdgamesales has these up for sale but $50 more.

Samurai Showdown V--$499.. Original Brand New In the Box Overseas Factory Kit. Includes Box w/Serial#s,Graphics..