ss0 art revealed

deathknight

Zero's Tailor
Guys all the art from ss0 has been revealed on they're site! www.samurai-zero.jp is looks soo bad ass..
18.jpg

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Oh yes, yes it is VERY good:) :buttrock: :)

I like all the artowrk, but I like the slightly closer-up portraits even more:drool_2: I think I'll get the mook of this when it comes out if they put these weorks in there as well;)

Oh, how wrong some of us were to judge Nona at the start of his SNK art career (me included:make_fac: naughty boy:shame: !) Imagine if we'd have done the same to Shinkiro, or even Hiroaki:eek: (biased due to being my favourite SNK artist.)

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Well Nona has been forced to make compromises. I mean his "vision" for the SVC art was some nice pan-blackened arms for everyone. I'm sure he grumbled about them ending up lighter, as would I if my original work was tampered with. That said his work does look very very good when he comprimises.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
StickmanLoser said:
Well Nona has been forced to make compromises. I mean his "vision" for the SVC art was some nice pan-blackened arms for everyone. I'm sure he grumbled about them ending up lighter, as would I if my original work was tampered with. That said his work does look very very good when he comprimises.

I liked the original Chaos drawings; in fact, I love pretty much all of Nona's work. It may be a little odd at times, but it always has me all :spock: at first, and I love that aspect.

Anywho, I was just surprised about SSV's work because it is so plain - I expected something a little more out there for Nona. Love the coloring though.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Enja Kazuki looks like um, Sabertooth. Looks good.

I still miss Senri Kita as the main artist.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi said:
Enja Kazuki looks like um, Sabertooth. Looks good.

Damn, I was thinking the same thing, just couldn't think of the name.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
If you ask me, it's going to be sad to see Nona leave as they usher in another artist; I really love the style.

SilverAngel

Member,
They are looking really nice! :)

Does anyone know why cham cham isnt in it?:confused:

Oh and who is the girl with the wolf in purple? Is that evil nak or a completely new character? :confused:

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
All "alternate" characters are supposed to be DIFFERENT characters, story line wise...
Like Enja and Suija are NOT Kazuki or Sogetsu... They actually are the demons that are emprisoned in their weapon, who took over the body of some random ninjas from the Kazama clan, but not Kazuki or Sogetsu.
Etc...

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
I can't wait to play this game, they realy managed to keep the SS graphique style, I mean all the new characters fit perfectly ( though the big monster is a strange choice, why no earthquake?:mad_2: )

SS5 is a SS4 with updates, more like a SS4', and even if it was only that, it would still be a fantastic game!

good work!
:buttrock: :buttrock:

Robert

20 Year Member
I like the SD pictures just like butta has posted. It reminds me those you can see in the SS1 manual.

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
Robert said:
I like the SD pictures just like butta has posted. It reminds me those you can see in the SS1 manual.

I hadn't thougt about that, maybe we'll be able to transform in S.D like in SS2:rolleyes:

Old fashion artworks are great:buttrock:

Robert

20 Year Member
Marco-big-bro said:
maybe we'll be able to transform in S.D like in SS2:rolleyes:

The SD transformations were a smart idea. Completely useless but so much fun. It's this kind of details that make me love the neo games.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Marco-big-bro said:
I can't wait to play this game, they realy managed to keep the SS graphique style, I mean all the new characters fit perfectly ( though the big monster is a strange choice, why no earthquake?:mad_2: )

SS5 is a SS4 with updates, more like a SS4', and even if it was only that, it would still be a fantastic game!

good work!
:buttrock: :buttrock:
Shito said this game was much more of an upgrade from SS4 than SS4 was from SS3.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
It's not Nona..

MM Cafe revealed a few months ago according to an issue of Arcadia, that the character designer is Nobuhiro Watsuki, the artist and character designer for Ruroni Kenshin.

True the art is not as good as Kita's but I likt it, nonetheless.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mr Watsuki has always been a Samurai Shodown fan since the first game came out, so I'm very glad to he's been working on the last Samurai Shodown game to come out on the NeoGeo.
So must he be.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
They're back

The linw up looks good and the chracters lok really interesting, well I know this teh neo is back baby in full effect. I really hope sales will revitilaize snkp to keep the goods flowing, I mean really how does this game seem negative? the damage probably has been tweaked so what's new in the works, hopefully garou 2 soon?:buttrock:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I prefer Nona's outrageous stylization for the SVC characters rather than this.