Is there any tournament players in the U.S. that you all know of?

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
Let me know, if you know of any seriously competitive neo-geo players. There's some big events coming up and I'd love to add neo-geo games to the list if I knew there was interest.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
me

Though I don't post very much, I do check these forums at least twice daily and am extremely competitive. I live in St. Louis and have been all over the four SVC Chaos machines in my area. I own an MVS and Samurai Shodown 2...I would also like to see some high-dollar competition for those of us who like to play competitively. I'd love to see these guys who think they can actually pull off combos while someone else actually fights back. Anyway, the Neo crowd in my area is way too small...sad really.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
"Are there any tournament players in the U.S. that any of you know?"

Just trying to help. :glee:

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
Roger well there's a major coming up and if I could get at least 20+ people interested in coming for some serious competition at least it would put neo-geo play on the map somewhat competitively in the U.S.

But heh I think I tried this before at several sites, thats why I'm kind of pissing in the wind here looking for competitive players.

matsukaze

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Count me in!

I was always one of the top 2 or 3 Samurai Shodown 2 players at my college. It was very big there with a lot of serious players. At Otakon 2002, I played only one person who was a serious challenge to me. He won once. Anyway, I'm extremely interested in tournament play.

Matsukaze

Last edited:

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
Nice SS2 and possibly 3 are the two games I'd really like to hold tournaments on, that and possibly Kof2k or Kof98 but I have to have at least 16 people to try and pull it into NEC4. Not to mention I'd need some console peeps to help with the systems.

NEC4 (North East Championships 4) will feature tournaments on various games, and I always wondered why a game like SS2 that always gets props on most game boards when it's brought up never gets on the roster.

I guess the question is, would you make a trip to Philly DEC. 6th 2003 to participate in one of the biggest gaming events of the year?

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
UnCauzi said:
Nice SS2 and possibly 3 are the two games I'd really like to hold tournaments on, that and possibly Kof2k or Kof98 but I have to have at least 16 people to try and pull it into NEC4. Not to mention I'd need some console peeps to help with the systems.

NEC4 (North East Championships 4) will feature tournaments on various games, and I always wondered why a game like SS2 that always gets props on most game boards when it's brought up never gets on the roster.

I guess the question is, would you make a trip to Philly DEC. 6th 2003 to participate in one of the biggest gaming events of the year?

I'd go it it had Neo games. I make an attempt at being competitive :P

I'd really wanna know in advance what games the tourneys would be in. MotW would be nice.

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
Right now simply because competitive players in SNK games are so hard to find nowadays I don't know what games people would really like to play. All I know is for the masses the games that may get some play from players that aren't necessarily SNK fans would be:

There still needs to be a commitment of 16 players.
SS2
KOF98/2k2
MOTW

Right now I think I know of 4 lol. Keep this thread alive but don't post unless you mean it about coming!

Right now I know of:
UnCauzi
TheCripp
NeoEsz
Matsukaze
EvilMike

I'll keep the tally updated here to let you know how it goes.

joe_higashi19

Life is an Illusion, The Magic is Down My Pants.,
If you can get me there from texas and MOTW and SS2 is goin to be part of the tourny im in i may only be 19 and you may think thats to young to be a seriouse challanger but get me there and you wont be disapointed ill tell you that.

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
Dood if I could, I would. But since I can't, I shant.
Maybe I'll do a post on one of those latin boards and
tell them there will be mucho U.S. dollares to win!