Baseball Stars 2?

Jashin

New Challenger
I've played the MVS version of this, and there is a timer that has to be fed credits in order to finish a game, even in 2P. Can anyone tell me whether the home version still has the timer, or can you play a whole game wothout pressing continue every three minutes?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I just change the timer settings(Soft Dip) in my cab so that doesn't pop up....As much..

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Ken Masters said:
Is there an option to play the game in english if you have the Jap version?

I don't think so. I have a Jp AES and a US cart, and it comes up in Jp. Theres no language option.

Jashin

New Challenger
Some more questions folks:

Using the expert controls in 2P, there are occasionally pitching substitutes not selected by the player, ie, when the subsitute button is not used. Any ideas as to why this might be?

Is it possible to steal bases in the game, and if so, how?

neomonkey

New Challenger
I'm sure it is possible to steal bases as the computer often uses this trick on me.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Jashin said:
Some more questions folks:

Using the expert controls in 2P, there are occasionally pitching substitutes not selected by the player, ie, when the subsitute button is not used. Any ideas as to why this might be?

Is it possible to steal bases in the game, and if so, how?

The B-button is used for stealing and taking leads of base :)

But I have a question of my own: I dont have a memory card so I usually just play single games and not the entire tournament. I noticed that after you beat the computer teams, you get to pick a new player. Does this happen after every victory? Are they random? Do you have to satisfy a certain criteria...?

And also, sometimes when playing the computer my team owner will appear and automatically power up my bat for me. Why is this?

Sorry if these questions are in the instruction manual , but i don have one :)

Last edited:

dbarrett0928

Banned
to answer all your questions

I have baseball stars 2 PAL and its great. There is a timer on the game but it never stops, it just keeps track of how long your game is, its not like the mvs version where you press continue all the time. You can play any version of the game in english only if you have a usa aes system, otherwise its still mostly english, players names are in japanese though. Stealing bases is easy as well, just use leadoff and #2 batters when on base and get a good jump. Thanks and good luck.

Jashin

New Challenger
Well it sounds like that's what is happening mate. But how do you change your pitcher if he is batting? Do you mean using a pinch hitter?

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
NEOryu said:
If you change your PITCHER while he is batting, you'll have to pick a new pitcher next inning. That's all I can help you with, I have never encountered the computer ever switching my players around or auto powering up.

I've noticed after more playing, that it tends to happen when I'm in a hole, ie, down by alotta runs in the late innings. Just today I was down by 5 in the 8th, had a runner on second, and one of my .220 hitters with no power came up to hit. Suddenly the team owner powers the bat up for me, without me even attempting to do it manually.

Does anyone else here have the BIOS mod? I had mine installed usually dont tinker with any of the options other than selecting English as a language. Maybe it has something to do with it...?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
jaydubnb said:
I've noticed after more playing, that it tends to happen when I'm in a hole, ie, down by alotta runs in the late innings. Just today I was down by 5 in the 8th, had a runner on second, and one of my .220 hitters with no power came up to hit. Suddenly the team owner powers the bat up for me, without me even attempting to do it manually.

Does anyone else here have the BIOS mod? I had mine installed usually dont tinker with any of the options other than selecting English as a language. Maybe it has something to do with it...?

(Suddenly the team owner powers the bat up for me)
Wow,I play this game all the time..I've never seen that happen before..
That's a new one to me...hmmm.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
chris1 said:

What was the situation?!?!?

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
chris1 said:

Yeah when you are down in the last few innings the team owner gives you freebies.

On a side note.

I finally got Baseball Stars 2 MVS after months of searching.

Man I forgot how good this game was!!

I cant stop playing!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
jaydubnb said:
What was the situation?!?!?

Yea,
Now that I think about it my games have always been close in runs..

If the computer ever beats me it's never more than 1 or 2 runs..

It's nice to know this occurs,..I learn something everyday..

One of thee days the computer will go on fire and kick my but real bad..:p

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
MilkManX said:
Yeah when you are down in the last few innings the team owner gives you freebies.

On a side note.

I finally got Baseball Stars 2 MVS after months of searching.

Man I forgot how good this game was!!

I cant stop playing!

Thank You...

Congrats on getting the game..