Will KOF 2k/2k1 on PS2 be censored in America?

D

destra3

Frankly, i am sick of the censorship shit that the American releases for SNK games have gotten.

Will the new KOF 2-pack have the same censorship that KOF had on the DC and ps1 in america (and of course, the censoreship Last blade 2 had on DC...grrrr)

If anyone could find out about this, please post.

And it is sorta a big deal to me. The blood effects add alot to many of the moves in the game.

And i like bouncing tits :multi_co: :multi_co:

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
Oh my lord...! What was censored in the American versions...?! I didn't know they were censored!! I know in my American, AES release of 2001, K9999 is supposed to have a gun during one of his DM's.... but i've never seen it...:( Anyone got a link to a pic of it??

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I hope not, I'm tired of SNK, Playmore, whatever, thinking they have to censor their games for the American audience.

Have they played GTAIII?

Do they know their audience has grown since Sam Sho was released?

I'm willing to bet most people that buy their games are 19 and older.

BTW, I think Agetec was responsible for LB2 getting censored.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
the roker said:
I hope not, I'm tired of SNK, Playmore, whatever, thinking they have to censor their games for the American audience.

Same here. I, too, am concerned about it happening
once again... :blow_top:

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
this is why im glad imports are available and i dont wait for the us releases. I would not be suprised if they were censored including MS3.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Decepticon said:

There's not much to explain.

The game was localized by Agetec, and they felt the need to censor it.

The U.S. Homecart version of LB2 is actually uncesored.

edit: I don't have any proof, just speculation. For all I know, Agetec might have only distributed what SNK (R.I.P.) wanted them to for the U.S. market.

Last edited:

kshira

Crazed MVS Addict
I live in South Africa but I buy American games as well as Euro and Jap versions. I prefer buying American games cos usually their cheaper than their British and Jap counterparts.

I remember the Samurai Shodown problem in the early 90's. I would've hoped that they'd stop treating us like children and release the game as is was originally intended. These people can't possibly be oblivious to games like The Getaway, GTA III and the like. :very_ang:

slerch666

updyke,
Usually when they port to the home version, they use the US NGH/AES home version, so if there is no blood and no bounce in the English release, it'll be censored.

In English KOF 2K-2K2, Mai has no bounce in her breasts. The same goes for the English arcade version.

As far as Agetec being responsible for "censoring" LB2, they didn't REALLY censor it, they just basically used the arcade settings for "no cruel fight" (no cutting in 1/2) and I think there is also the blood setting in the arcade version.

Will the US versions be censored? Yes, most likely, as they will use the English versions of the games, which automatically mean being "censored."

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Let's remember that for the home system what matters is
the system you have, not the game.

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It's the american version, OF COURSE it's going to be censored.

Does ANYTHING make it over here uncensored?

I'm angry all over again :mad:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
Usually when they port to the home version, they use the US NGH/AES home version, so if there is no blood and no bounce in the English release, it'll be censored.

In English KOF 2K-2K2, Mai has no bounce in her breasts. The same goes for the English arcade version.

As far as Agetec being responsible for "censoring" LB2, they didn't REALLY censor it, they just basically used the arcade settings for "no cruel fight" (no cutting in 1/2) and I think there is also the blood setting in the arcade version.

Will the US versions be censored? Yes, most likely, as they will use the English versions of the games, which automatically mean being "censored."

I'm just curious as to what determines if they will censor a game or not. It seems like they'll censor every game no matter what.

Last Blade wasn't censored for the home versions AES with the US bios. Try it yourself and get back to me, I may be wrong.

I've had more than a few people tell me LB1 and 2 are uncensored and soon enough I'll know first hand.

So this is what led to me to believe Agetec might have done it in order to avoid selling an M rated game, either that or SNK might have done it, while allowing Agetec to distribute it.

BTW, what was the last console game SNK distributed, if ever, in the US?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Naturally it will be censored. Just like Metal Slug X. We can't have animated violence now. *goes off to play gta3*