Anyone notice glitches with Phantom 1?

JrZyBud

New Challenger
Hello! I just recently bought a Phantom 1 and Im noticing very minor glitches when I play certain MVS carts. It seems to be the worst with the Last Blade games. Anyone else have this problem? I know that my carts arent boots because I got most of them at the Neo store

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
What board revision do you have?

Anyway, it seems like 50% of the users have problems, and 50% don't.

JrZyBud

New Challenger
I have the blue phantom 1 . . . so Im guessing thats the latest model? I just recieved mine like a week ago

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
JrZyBud said:
I have the blue phantom 1 . . . so Im guessing thats the latest model? I just recieved mine like a week ago

You have to open up your Neo Geo and check out what board revision you have. I think its 3-6 that is the problem child of the bunch.

I refuse to buy the Phantom until they make another version.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
I have the blue Phantom-1, and I've noticed some *very* minor graphics glitches with Metal Slug X (i.e., a few small random miscolored pixels). I don't recall having any other problems in the slightest, including with Last Blade 2.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
No glitches here as I havent came across any MVS games with that sort of problem. My Phantom-1 works perfect with the Last Blade 2 game. Didnt notice anything...unless you accidnetly yanked your Neo joystick then you may notice some miscolored pixels from the Phantom-1 being moved in the slot.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
I used to have the newest P-1. Never had a problem with it on games like MSX or any other. I never tried it with any games that zoom in like the Samurai's, but I've heard that many times there are graphical glitches like pixelation when the game zooms.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a newer revision antime soon either. Last I heard !Arcade! won't be making any more.:(

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
We did a poll a while back. The actual poll was deleted when the boards were upgraded, but the results were posted in the text:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22019

Current Poll Results: Phantom-1 Owners and Users Pole (50 votes.)

How well has the Phantom-1 worked for you?
Perfectly 34% (17)
Good 44% (22)
Hit and Miss 14% (7)
Horribly 8% (4)

Have you experienced graphical glitches? (like white dots during a zoom effect )
Yes 44% (22)
No 54% (27)
What's a Zoom Effect? 2% (1)

Have you had any 100% original MVS games not work with the Phantom-1?
Yes 26% (13)
No 74% (37)

Did your home system require new slots?
Yes 18% (9)
No 82% (41)

Would you recommend the Phantom-1?
Yes 72% (36)
No 28% (14)

What color is your Phantom-1?
Blue 64% (32)
Black 30% (15)
Grey 4% (2)
Other 2% (1)

Did you make a custom shell for your Phantom-1?
Yes 24% (12)
No 76% (38)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My Phantom1 works perfectly with all my games... I only have 5, here they are:
RB2, SS4, Windjammers, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, Breakers Revenge.
No graphical glitch at all here.

PS: To make a "custom shell" for a Phantom1, you HAVE TO sacrifice an AES game ? :spock:

Last edited: