Well my MAME cabinet died again

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
I have had a MAME arcade cabinet (yes I know but atleast I do buy the games I play on it) for a little over a year and have now gone through 3 power supplies.

2 days ago my power went out for about 10 hours, when it came back on the power supply fan was making a really bad noise but it went away so I thought nothing of it.

Today I go to turn it on and....nothing.

Now considering this is my third one in just over a year, there is cause for concern. Im not buying the little cheapo power supplies either. these are Enermax power supplies that run me $65 a pop.

My PC which is on more than the MAME setup has had the same power supply for over a year with no problems.

The system is an ECS K7S5a motherboard with an Athlon XP 1600 CPU, 512 MB ram, ATI Radeon 7000, and a Maxtor 40GB ard drive.

I dont have a cd rom or anything else hooked up to it that could be drawing power, I have switched surge protectors on all 3 replacements.

I just dont know what could be the cause of it. Anyone got some suggestions?

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Have you tried running the Mame cab into a UPS? You might have some dirty power going in there or some spikage.:eek_2:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
I wasnt aware that using a UPS would regulate it anymore than a high end surge protector.

Well I am selling the cabinet this weekend to a friend of mine so I will recommend he try that.

I am more or less now asking out of sheer curiosity.

Thanks for the advice