New artwork for KOF???

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
From insert credit:

Rumor: Falcoon to SNK?
October 10, 2003 5:02 PM PST
Falcoon / BS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The long beloved fan artist Falcoon has just put up a message on his website, stating that he will be closing down for a few months while he works with a company on a project that will consume most of his time. Couple this knowledge with the fact that he did some art for KOF 2002, the SvC Chaos poster (in Japan), and the SNKP promo flyers at TGS this year, and you begin to see where this rumor is coming from. Don't be shocked if you see new character designs in KOF 2004!

And the link:

http://www.insertcredit.com/index.html

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
leepantalone said:
Don't be shocked if you see new character designs in KOF 2004!
With as much clamoring as we've had from fans wanting a complete makeover of the aging KOF chara designs & costumes, the idea of Falcoon possibly handling the artwork for a new KOF (given his penchant for outlandish re-interpretations of KOF wardrobes) should please alot of folks (myself included:D ).

--Chris

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I would be most displeased. Falcoon is ok, it's nice to see his interpretations of things at times. But I still think of him as a hentai artist with good taste.

edit: Good taste in video games that is. Not his hentai.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Can anyone point me in the direction of some samples of his work?

edit:
Wow click here!

Billy Kane actually looks cool for once in his life.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
the roker said:
Can anyone point me in the direction of some samples of his work?

edit:
Wow click here!

Billy Kane actually looks cool for once in his life.

For me it's like "Billy Kane doesn't look like himself." He belongs in denim, not pvc or leather. But if freshness is what everyone desires I guess falcoon will deliver.

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Decent work, but Angel looks fat and stupid.

A little less exageration on the breasts, as things should be cool.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
TriShield said:

I don't like how some of the characters have big feet, or look too thin.

If you take that like I gave and follow it back, you'll find some more artwork.

gatsu25

Galford's Armourer
Sorry to say it, but I dont really like it. It looks ok, but maybe too different. I like the direction snk was going with the art of fighting 3 artwork. Still think its the best!

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
his costumes are cool, but he sucks at faces, most of the faces he has drawn are ugly and just don't look right..i think cuz they look so perverted..bleh

i would use him for costume design and that is it.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I for one think it would be ungodly cool if he took over art and design for a KOF. Especially if it were the high res atomis one. Then since it's out of the official KOF continuity perhaps they'd let him go a bit wild. His Kyo with the tie is very sleek and cool looking. The perfect mix of real world clothing and KOF gear.

When in the hell will Iori get a new look? Kyo seems to be the only character SNK ever trusted to let grow up and evolve. I'd also like to see the open gi Ryo and his version of Seth.

That Billy Kane is shameful though. He looks like some sort of gay stunt scooter rider.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
lose lose situation for SNKP

New art=People complaining because charas no longer look 'how they should'

Old art=People complaining about KOF being rehashed year after year

I for one would love a drastic change in the KOF series

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Falcoon tends to exaggerate features more in his fanwork than his official work. If you compare his fanart of Mai to the pic of Mai and Chun-Li he did for Arcadia, you can see a pretty big difference. So chances are he would do the same for any official art in KOF.

Personally, I don't mind his exaggerated style at all (especially compared to Nona's exaggerated style), especially when it comes to women's...umm...assets. ;)

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
cant say i love it.
its different.
i guess we ll see.

funny thing was that i was beginning to like the 02 artwork of all things.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I definitely like the work on Falcoon's site, but I hope Nona is not totally out of the picture (assuming the game Falcoon is working on is KOF). Nona's work has really grown on me in the last couple years, and I'm waiting to see how those 3 weird characters in the 2001 OST booklet (Sai, Ran and Chato, who seem to be connected to Ron) turn out. If they actually use him, Sai would be by far the weirdest looking KOF character yet.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
i've been a fan of falcoon's art for quite some time. i'd love to see him given free reign over all the character art. sure, his new interpretation might piss a few people off but the kof series is in dire need of a complete overhaul. i'm for it 100%.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
TriShield said:

Wow, I was about to say that Angel looks sexier than she ever has before.

To each their own I guess.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
Wow, I was about to say that Angel looks sexier than she ever has before.

To each their own I guess.

By the way, have you seen Nona's rejected art for Angel in the KOF '01 Enterbrain Mook? Makes Decepticon's avatar look like her flat-chested little sister...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
SouthtownKid said:
By the way, have you seen Nona's rejected art for Angel in the KOF '01 Enterbrain Mook? Makes Decepticon's avatar look like her flat-chested little sister...

No, never saw it. I have a friend with the mook though, I'll remember to take a look at it next time I'm at his place.

BIGGER doesn't always equal BETTER.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
top836.jpg

That is pretty wicked

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
the roker said:
top836.jpg

That is pretty wicked
As a fan of Ishinomori Shoutarou's works (Kikaider, Hakaider, Cyborg 009, Kamen Rider, misc. sentai series, etc.), I was intrigued by this illustration when it was first posted on Falcoon's website. At the time, there was precious little information about KOF'02's clone Kyo character -- after this illustration got me all worked up, I was rather disappointed to find out that the character was indeed a clone, and not an Ishinomori-style robot.

--Chris