Svc Chaos Review

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
I just got the french issue of arcadia with a 4 pages test of SVC chaos (this mag is made mainly by NEO fans).
Here is a fast translation and summary of the review:

Thecs. aspects:
- Power meter gets to max very fast, with two levels and a third level max mode (max mode is automatic).
- The first level gives you acces to a special move (usaly the same in KOF and Streets) with two quater circlesand P or K
- The second level gives you access to stronger special moves pressing P and K together.
- More interesting the last level: you can break ALL youre moves:smirk: (normal and special), and you can create youre own combos ending them with a special move. After perfomming your super move your power meter gets to level 2!!!
- The guard Cancel Dash GCD is very simple but too strong...You can use in two ways: when blocking simply push LK and HP, it uses 50% of the power meter, or when blocking pushing twice foward ( uses less power meter) you're then invicible and can follow wiyh a combo.
- LP and Lk to catch a player.
Conter moves , recovery moves...

Negative aspects:
- SNk and CAP players aren't well balanced.
- Boss are too stong, and since you can choose them....
- Some caracters are useless.
- Only two back-grounds are realy beautiful.
- Music is horrible, sounds-effects are from the worst the Neo ever had.
- TH GCD system is cool, but too stong.
- BALANCE problemes...
- Infinite combos (a lot and easy to perform)

Positive Aspects:
- Good gameplay, responsive , fast, moves are easly made.
- A lot of combos
- Very good work making the CAP caracters in SNK style.
- FUN

Overall they give SVC the following rate:
Graph: 79%
Sound: 68%
Animation: 86%
Gameplay: 84%
Replay value: 79%

Overall: 80%

NO STYLE DM

NEST Puppet
is it just me , or did they mention balance problems twice
ehh , and the snk bosses are well known for being strong ,then again , if you werent able to choose them in this game , fans would be very angry .
just my two cents.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I reckon they are spot on in their overal rankings as i too would give it around about 80 percent.
But the fact i have been playing it virtually non stop for over a month when other neo games i get bored with after 5 or 6 days means that the replay value is a lot highter than 79 percent for me anyway.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Music is horrible

By and large the music was pretty crud (Noise Factory, where are you?), but it had a few catchy songs.

sounds-effects are from the worst the Neo ever had.

They've obviously never played Double Dragon. :p Also, the voices, while questionable in certain ways (like Sagat and Dhalsim), were easily the best I've heard on the system thus far from a technical aspect.

Infinite combos (a lot and easy to perform)

Aren't there only two? (Geese's and Zero's)

That's a pretty big stretch to say "a lot" for just two, and only secret characters.

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Marco-big-bro said:

Negative aspects:
- SNk and CAP players aren't well balanced.
- Boss are too stong, and since you can choose them....
- Some caracters are useless.
- Only two back-grounds are realy beautiful.
- Music is horrible, sounds-effects are from the worst the Neo ever had.
- TH GCD system is cool, but too stong.
- BALANCE problemes...
- Infinite combos (a lot and easy to perform)

Positive Aspects:
- Good gameplay, responsive , fast, moves are easly made.
- A lot of combos
- Very good work making the CAP caracters in SNK style.
- FUN

Overall they give SVC the following rate:
Graph: 79%
Sound: 68%
Animation: 86%
Gameplay: 84%
Replay value: 79%

Overall: 80%

Is it just me or does this contridict itself? If they mention the bad balance twice (?) wouldnt that cancle out the FUN factor they mentioned? Ultimately if a game does not have balance it woudlnt be that fun to play, ya?

Also if you were to really play a fighting game, why use infinite combos? It takes the fun out of the game. You could trash on just about any 2D fighter for that.

Sure the game has its issues, but I havent had this much fun with a 2D fighter in ages it seems. Everybody should at least give the game a chance. At first I "liked" it, but after about 2 hours I was in love with the game...which is WAY more than I can say for CvS; after 2 hours I hated that game.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Decent review. But I'm surprised they didn't mention the broken hitboxes and inconsistant controls, but whatever. I would've ranked it a tad lower.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
orochi_lubu said:
at least the music aint like marvel vs capcom 2. :oh_no:

"gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride gonna take you for a ride "