Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

This is what I bought..(New)

Irritating Maze Kit Contains...
Neo Geo 1 Slot MV-1B Modified to work with trackball,interface PCB
Cartridge Harness
Jamma Harness
Speaker Harness
Control Panel Harness
New Track Ball
Marquee
Overlay
Side Decals
Manual

What Do I need to hook this up in my MVS cab..?Or can I ?
Do I need anything else to get this working..?
Any info is appreciated..

Eventually I want to put this and the Hyper 64 in another Cab..+ an STV .(.if possible.)But I'm dying to play the Irritating Maze..

chris1 said:

What Do I need to hook this up in my MVS cab..?Or can I ?
Do I need anything else to get this working..?
Any info is appreciated..

Well you can directly plug the board in your MVS cab. But because you must have the trackball to play this game, I think that you may need a new control panel for it.

Eventually I want to put this and the Hyper 64 in another Cab..+ an STV .(.if possible.)But I'm dying to play the Irritating Maze..

Again this may be doable, but you may need a separate control panel just for the Irritating Maze.

BTW did you just buy today on eBay? Because I saw a kit for sale on eBay not too long ago ;)

Charles

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
Well you can directly plug the board in your MVS cab. But because you must have the trackball to play this game, I think that you may need a new control panel for it.

Again this may be doable, but you may need a separate control panel just for the Irritating Maze.

BTW did you just buy today on eBay? Because I saw a kit for sale on eBay not too long ago ;)

Charles

Thank You Charles..

Oh yea,I forgot to mention that..
I have a spare control panel that I'm going to modify to hold the trackball...no problem..

Wow!..So that's all I do is plug it in..Sweeeet!..Thank you..

I bought it today..

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

Charles [/B][/QUOTE]

Charles,
There's another Irritating Maze kit on Ebay right now..if you want it..(I'm not sure if it's complete)
I put a bid on it for just to see if I get lucky : )..but I'm not pushing it..
I don't need two of these.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
It requires more than just plug and play.

The trackball requires a +5v connection which 99.999% of control panels do not have wired into their control harness.

Additionally, the IM trackball is far too large to fit onto a US Neo cab.

On top of all this...unless you are planning on entirely swapping out the Jamma harness or creating a disconnect that takes all of the rewiring into consideration, you won't be sharing boards in the same cab without totally rewiring it.

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
RevQuixo said:
It requires more than just plug and play.

The trackball requires a +5v connection which 99.999% of control panels do not have wired into their control harness.

Additionally, the IM trackball is far too large to fit onto a US Neo cab.

On top of all this...unless you are planning on entirely swapping out the Jamma harness or creating a disconnect that takes all of the rewiring into consideration, you won't be sharing boards in the same cab without totally rewiring it.

Now that's the info I need..Thanks so much RevQuixo...

That IM trackball is a pretty big part..Now that I look at the pics..

I was thinking of putting this in a Tekken 3 Cab I have....Changing the Marquee Etc...
Maybe just making that cab into an Irritating Maze Cab..Conversion..

Would this be an easier thing to do...I'd rather not mess with the wiring in the Big Red..

Re: Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

chris1 said:

Charles,
There's another Irritating Maze kit on Ebay right now..if you want it..(I'm not sure if it's complete)
I put a bid on it for just to see if I get lucky : )..but I'm not pushing it..
I don't need two of these.

Nah, don't worry about it. I am planning in getting a dedicated IM cab once I move into a larger home.

After, readying RevQuixo's input. I think that it world be easier for you to convert that Tekken 3 cab into an IM cab. At least the control panel will be large enough for the trackball.

Charles

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Re: Re: Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

Nah, don't worry about it. I am planning in getting a dedicated IM cab once I move into a larger home.

After, readying RevQuixo's input. I think that it world be easier for you to convert that Tekken 3 cab into an IM cab. At least the control panel will be large enough for the trackball.

Charles

Yes,yes..the control panel on the Tekken 3 I have is Huge..
Man that sucker is big

I may take that off and just create something new.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

chris1 said:
Yes,yes..the control panel on the Tekken 3 I have is Huge..
Man that sucker is big

I may take that off and just create something new.

Hey Chris,

If you still have the Tekken 3 board in the cab, let me know. I might be interested in purchasing the board, manual, and marquee from you :mr_t:

Charles

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

Hey Chris,

If you still have the Tekken 3 board in the cab, let me know. I might be interested in purchasing the board, manual, and marquee from you :mr_t:

Charles

Sure,I'll let you know..
When I bring the cab in here I'm going to get rid of the board and the marquee..
I don't have the manual though..

That cab is my last option for the conversion though.

The problem is...this is the bigger version Tekken 3 Cab..It's really too big to get in here..I can ,but I'd rather not..I may just take all wires etc, and monitor and buy a smaller empty cab..
That's the main reason it sits in storage.

I can get the empty cab,but I'm torn between going the cheaper route by converting that Tekken cab,or spending for another..

When I move from here I'm going to have several different cab set-ups..I'm very limited here..

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

chris1 said:
Sure,I'll let you know..
When I bring the cab in here I'm going to get rid of the board and the marquee..
I don't have the manual though..

That cab is my last option for the conversion though.

The problem is...this is the bigger version Tekken 3 Cab..It's really too big to get in here..I can ,but I'd rather not..I may just take all wires etc, and monitor and buy a smaller empty cab..
That's the main reason it sits in storage.

I can get the empty cab,but I'm torn between going the cheaper route by converting that Tekken cab,or spending for another..

When I move from here I'm going to have several different cab set-ups..I'm very limited here..

I know what you mean. It breaks my heart every time I think about stripping down a perfectly working dedicated cab just to convert it into another game.

That's why I always look for cabs that no one wants and save them from their doom (dump, shredder). Then, I have more liberty to convert them into other games.

In my place, space is also an issue. That is why I have no problem taking 19-inch cabs because noboby wants them, brand new 19-inch color monitors are very affordable, and I mostly get them for FREE :drool:

Charles

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

I know what you mean. It breaks my heart every time I think about stripping down a perfectly working dedicated cab just to convert it into another game.

Yes..You know how I feel..it has the side art too..

That's why I always look for cabs that no one wants and save them from their doom (dump, shredder). Then, I have more liberty to convert them into other games.

Charles [/B]

I had just found a guy with a couple empty cabs around me,before I bought the Hyper/STV and this..but I passed on them..I may have to see if he got rid of them now.

I just went to a Pinball/Arcade machine swap/sale..
They had working machines there for $100.00..I wouldn't even want to convert one of those..I'd rather keep it and repair it if needed.

I have to go and take a ride and see if a guy I know is willing to part with any of his older/non working Arcade machines.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

chris1 said:
I had just found a guy with a couple empty cabs around me,before I bought the Hyper/STV and this..but I passed on them..I may have to see if he got rid of them now.

I just went to a Pinball/Arcade machine swap/sale..
They had working machines there for $100.00..I wouldn't even want to convert one of those..I'd rather keep it and repair it if needed.

I have to go and take a ride and see if a guy I know is willing to part with any of his older/non working Arcade machines.

Dude if your Tekken 3 is in that good of a shape, I am retracting my advise. And I will suggest you to keep it as it is.

Have you ever tried the arcade groups at google.com? That's how I find free cabs in my area from either operators or collectors.

Charles

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

Dude if your Tekken 3 is in that good of a shape, I am retracting my advise. And I will suggest you to keep it as it is.

Have you ever tried the arcade groups at google.com? That's how I find free cabs in my area from either operators or collectors.

Charles

arcade groups at google.com..

Hmm..Would you have a link...?

I'd check it out..

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irritating Maze/Hook-up To MVS Cab info Please.

chris1 said:
arcade groups at google.com..

Hmm..Would you have a link...?

I'd check it out..

Sure,

This is the marketplace section:

http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_q=&as_ugroup=rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace

And this is the collecting section:

http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_q=&as_ugroup=rec.games.video.arcade.collecting

Lately, I have seen a lot of cabs for sale and for free on the east coast, specially the NY-NJ area.

Good Luck in your search for a cab.

Charles

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
You are welcome.

It is the least I can do to help a fellow video game/arcade/collector/gamer/enthusiast :tickled:
[/QUOTE

:D ;)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Can I use this for any other game/s?

(Neo Geo 1 Slot MV-1B Modified to work with trackball,interface PCB)

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Pop N Bounce supposedly works with it. Haven't tried it ouy myself.

That's it though. Thr custom Bios in the IM board doesn't even support all the inputs needed to play regular Neo games.