SSV AES Release Date

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
Who here thinks that SSV AES REALLY will be released on 12/11?

Frankly, after all the SvC AES fiasco (will they ever release this?) I don`t. Not even a single month between two major releases? Never. This is going to be delayed as well with a probability of 90%.

And I also do not like the constant sharp price increases in AES titles:

$265 (MS3, Sengoku 3)
$295 (KoF `01)
$299 (MS4)
$325 (RotD, KoF `02, Matrimelee)
$335 (SvC, SSV)

I mean c`mon that`s price increase every second game on average! Or a 26% price increase within 2 years! And why keep the $335 now? Afaik there are no Capcom characters in SSV :rolleyes:

So MS5 and KoF `03 will be $350 and SvC2 $370 and so on or what? Give me a break ...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
They might have delayed SvC to have the time to released the MVS cart at the same time.
If that's the case, SS5 may not get delayed.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
No matter what we say the delays are gonna keep coming and its b/c of the simple principle that SUPPLY must meet or exceed DEMAND. And i "think" that SVC ranks pretty high on the DEMAND side. So the delay for "production shortage" or SUPPLY didnt surprise me or bother me in the slightest, now I know it was different for those that had it paid for already and were upset that ONE WEEK before release they got bad news, but now it gives those of us (like me) who couldnt decide ample time to get it togetehr and i WILL have a SVC and possibly a SSV US homecart in my collection at the end of this year.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
By the way, Retaliator, you're right about the price...
It should be $325.
And since it isn't, I would at least expect Shawn to give a reason for the price, like he did with SvC Chaos... :spock:

O. Yashiro said:
No matter what we say the delays are gonna keep coming and its b/c of the simple principle that SUPPLY must meet or exceed DEMAND. And i "think" that SVC ranks pretty high on the DEMAND side. So the delay for "production shortage" or SUPPLY didnt surprise me or bother me in the slightest, now I know it was different for those that had it paid for already and were upset that ONE WEEK before release they got bad news, but now it gives those of us (like me) who couldnt decide ample time to get it togetehr and i WILL have a SVC and possibly a SSV US homecart in my collection at the end of this year.

So do you think that SNKP miscalculated the demand for SVC, so they postponed shipment until they made more copies?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Inazuma said:
It should be $325.
And since it isn't, I would at least expect Shawn to give a reason for the price, like he did with SvC Chaos... :spock:

Shawn said:
With SVC Chaos I was told that cost increased due to Capcom royalties. For SSV I’m told that the higher price is due to the strong Yen vs. the weak USD. Hope this helps.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Alright.

It's no big deal though...
Considering how pricey the game is to begin with, a mere difference of $10 isn't much... As long as the following games don't get more and more expensive, that's fine with me...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Inazuma said:
It should be $325.

Unfortunetly... here's the truth:

You all are now paying $335, and doing so in droves. Once a price has been established, and without much debate, it is the new price. The only way a price drop will ever happen is if the market no longer demands the product at that price. It is simple economics my friend, there are enough of you that are willing and able to buy a game at $335, so the price is $335.

If you want the prices to go down, you will need to leave them with a surplus of games... if the games don't sell at the price, the price will be lowered to accomidate. But, as is, this is the new price and current trend for Neo games. If the price continues up (my thought would be it would top out at $350) you all need to decide how to handle it, and the only thing that works is your charge cards ;)

-Nick