Strikers for KOF 2k3??

Sancho

Cheng's Errand Boy
http://www.phuck-ign.com/forums/printthread.php?threadid=5694

Not sure if this is new information but hey.

That's the link where i got this quote, guess a few people would be disappointed:

"SNK Playmore has revealed the first images of it's upcoming PlayStation 2 beat'em up, King Of Fighters 3D (tentative name), as well as the next instalment in the King Of Fighters series, King Of Fighters 2003. SNK Playmore did not go into detail about both games, but did comment that KOF2K3 would no longer have the 3 on 3 battles that were present in King Of Fighters 2002. In regards to King Of Fighters 3D, they revelaed that it would be released during summer 2004 (Japan)."

The above information can aslo be found at Gamepro.com

Last edited:

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Whoa, hold on here, what's gonna happen to our beloved series.. ? Are they really doing something new ?

Well, sounds good to me, let's wait and find out what it will be.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
leGionellz said:
Whoa, hold on here, what's gonna happen to our beloved series.. ? Are they really doing something new ?

Well, sounds good to me, let's wait and find out what it will be.

Sorry, but taking it into 3D? They can bite me if they think it would be nice.

Spike

Spike Spiegel said:
:lol: :lol:

Yea, but remember, "Playstation 2 is teh mainstreeeeeem system, NEO GEO is ghey, and 2D is dumb."

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:

Spike

We may not like it but, Playmore is playing it smart by making a 3-d fighter. Mainstream gamers like things in 3-d and that's what they're going to get.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I wouldn't mind too badly if SNKP made KoF '03 a 2 on 2 tag fighter, as long as it was like RotD's system, and not insane like the Capcom VS. games. At the same time they should also keep an option for traditional 3 on 3 fighting. I have no idea if the Neo is even capable of this though.

Ken Masters

Another Striker
It really doesnt matter if its the same thing and they didnt change anything about 2k3 because you guys will still buy it.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Hey buddy lets not be so quick to judge what we would buy up here. If you need proof just look at the smashing success that WASNT KoF 2001.

I personally wouldnt mind them trying to pull a 2 on 2 tag like RotD for the next KoF but as long as the classic mode was left intact. But that would mean a horrendous cut in the roester which is what i enjoy about the series. But if they were gonna do anythign new for 2003 I would enjoy some character re-vamps more than anything fancy and stuff.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Well the first King of Fighters was 1 on 1 or sometimes 2 on 2 (Fatal Fury!)

So maybe they are going back to that style?

yashiroTCM

Hardened Shock Trooper
2 on 2 tag would be cool, but... If they that images were revealed... where are they?... didn't someone pic em?

CCCAAAAANNNTTT WWWAAAIIITTTT!!! :confused: