How much do boots cost to make?

Geezer

Quiz Detective
I was just wondering, thats all.
I was bidding on some caroles-collectibles auctions (Japhei to most of you) and thought I'd run a search on the eBay username through these forums and everyones calling him/her a bootlegger. Luckily I've been outbid so I didn't need to retract my bids, but if he's just selling boots and his Metal Slug and Garou is like $50 and SVC Chaos is $250, did they cost the same to make?

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Well the ROM burners cost quite a bit thats all I know.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Not all the stuff they sell is bootlegs, always best to email them first though to ask if its authentic as that is the only way to make sure. Its funny really how bootlegs are not that much cheaper than the real thing, i mean if you could get bootlegs for a tenth of the price it would be tempting if u really wanted a game but not when its just maybe 20 percent cheaper as eventually the price on the real thing would come down to less money.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
It depends on what sort of material you're making them out of.

If you go with leather, well that's pretty standard. But ostrich or snakeskin will set you back more money.

Also, are we talking country/western style boots or somethintg a little more military?

Harnesslarge.jpg

Lee Gray

neobuyer said:

If you go with leather, well that's pretty standard. But ostrich or snakeskin will set you back more money.

Also, are we talking country/western style boots or somethintg a little more military?

Harnesslarge.jpg

LOL

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
neobuyer said:

Harnesslarge.jpg

Reply of the week.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Geezer said:
I was just wondering, thats all.
I was bidding on some caroles-collectibles auctions (Japhei to most of you) and thought I'd run a search on the eBay username through these forums and everyones calling him/her a bootlegger. Luckily I've been outbid so I didn't need to retract my bids, but if he's just selling boots and his Metal Slug and Garou is like $50 and SVC Chaos is $250, did they cost the same to make?

The difference in price is just because one game is newer than the other. Bootlegs are pretty expensive to produce, so they are only worth the effort if you produce a brand new game.
After the years, the original games become very cheap and the bootlegs, that basically are only worthless pieces of shit, have to be even cheaper.

Casey/Japhei whoever, you are the worst motherfucker the Neo Geo has ever seen, I wish you get a very painful death.

Geezer

Quiz Detective
Re: Re: How much do boots cost to make?

Amano Jacu said:
Casey/Japhei whoever, you are the worst motherfucker the Neo Geo has ever seen, I wish you get a very painful death.

Yeah, the guy is a fuckin twat:mad:

I was just interested cos I got uber-close to buying Metal Slug and MOTW from him before I heard the bootleg stories and I was just thinking that if MS is a boot and he's selling for $50 and SVC is a boot and it he's selling it for $250 then maybe they cost the same amount to produce but he makes $200 more for SVC cos its a newer game and unavailable in cart format:eek:

The bastard should be shot:mad:

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
As for Casey,Jephie,Donshootermasta,carrolls-collectables-

well, he'll tell you that the boots play the same as originals, or if you're really nieve, he'll tell you he doesn't sell boots.

The only truth I know firsthand is that he sold me a boot KOF '98, and the sound is screwed up on it.

He insisted that he didn't know it was a boot, or that he hadn't noticed the bad sound when he sold it. I don't have the time or energy to fight about it. He promised to give me a 'real' KOF '98, should he ever find one laying around. I don't expect much to come of it.

He got me with the 'carrols-collectables' name. I'd never heard of it before. I guess everyone gets scammed eventually.

Never trust anyone who has to change his name every two months just to stay ahead of his own reputation.

Lee Gray

Re: Re: Re: How much do boots cost to make?

Geezer said:

:

Such a polite new member :rolleyes:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Re: Re: Re: How much do boots cost to make?

Geezer said:

I was just interested cos I got uber-close to buying Metal Slug and MOTW from him before I heard the bootleg stories and I was just thinking that if MS is a boot and he's selling for $50 and SVC is a boot and it he's selling it for $250 then maybe they cost the same amount to produce but he makes $200 more for SVC cos its a newer game and unavailable in cart format:eek:

You didn't get the first part of my post...

Nobody (not even Japhei) is stupid enough to produce (and he doesn't make them, just buys them wholesale) a bootleg of a 7 years old game that can be found original for around 40$. A bootleg of a Metal Slug had to be produced around the same time the original came. Producing a bootleg Metal Slug now would cost more than buying the original.
Let's put example numbers: when an arcade game is just released, it can cost 1000$ (as arcade owners buy it to put it in a private cab and earn back more money), and a bootlegger can mae a pirate one for 300$ and selling it for 600$ to an unlawful arcade owner. The bootlegger makes 300$ profit and the arcade owner saves 400$.
However, as time passes the original arcade game drops a lot in price, and so does the bootlegs produced of it.
Now, the original SvC board costs around 300$, so the bootleg is sold for around 200$. Prices will continue dropping.

Anyway, the part about Japhei being a twat, you got it right :angry: . But in my opinion the people that buy him bootlegs on purpose are even worse. :blow_top:

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Re: No boots

Donshootermasta said:
ALL ORIGINAL CARTS

Fuck off Japhei, since when has there been an original SvC cart? Asswipe.

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
Shit... he's got a MV-1FZ on eBay and I need one.

...there's no way a board can be a bootleg, can there?

-AG

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Adam Gallant said:

-AG

Just put it this way..Would you buy a Mother board from a guy who is using pictures of a mother board and a cab that's not even his..
The pictures he's using for the 6 slot he has on Ebay.. he stole from a member here's old auction..

(I took this from another thread I posted it in..)I have to fix the links..

That Skumbag Japheis using a picture of a six slot he's selling..but the picture was stolen from a member here's old auction.

Idbythatforadollar..

I know Idbythatforadollar personally....He's a friend of mine..So I hope he sees this or my email..

caroles-collectibles
Neo Geo Six 6 slot PCB JAMMA MVS NEOGEO Item number: 3246356972

Idbythatforadollar..
Neo Geo MVS 6 Slot Motherboard Tested/Working Item number: 3243166660

I have no fkn Clue Why the links don't work..when I post them here..
They work in the original thread though..

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66211

Last edited:

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
Adam Gallant said:

-AG

I've never heard of a full MVS PCB bootleg before(it's easier to copy the ROM carts). However, plenty of normal JAMMA PCB's have been bootlegged...everything from Pacman to Mortal Kombat. There's a reason Midway and other companies stopped giving out schematics ;)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Well.I just don't think he actually has The mother board at all.
Why take a Pic of the one slot but steal and use picture of someone elses 6 slot..

I bet if I did enough searching I'd find that the pic of the 1 slot was taken from somewhere else too.

If you even get something fom this guy,it's bound not to work..

Check out the latest feedback..He just got a negative and two for Private auctions..
His/her Private auctions are always for MVS stuff...Japheis shit..

mamafarah( -2 ) Oct-09-03 21:49:56 PDT 3049852750 S
Complaint : bad customer service, dont follow up with sales !!!

cespouy( 128) Oct-08-03 07:58:07 PDT (private) S
Complaint : Paid for item but never received it!Am also accused of lying by the seller!

cespouy( 128) Oct-08-03 07:58:07 PDT (private) S
Complaint : After months of mediating,still no reply.Paid but didn't receive items!!

I don't even know if this fk knows what he writes..
I've never heard of a Bootleg MVS board..But his guilt with selling so many boolegs forces him to write that all over..

(This auction is for Neo Geo 1 slot Arcade system.Motherboard has been tested and works 100%.This is a original SNK Release Not a bootleg.)

Geezer

Quiz Detective
Didn't realise Donshootermasta was Japhei:rolleyes:

I've got 2 pm's from him:

"We do not sell boots"

"Original Carts"

The bitch should get an honest job:mad:

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
Adam Gallant said:

-AG

I've never heard of a bootleg motherboard but he'll use the profit from the auction to buy more bootlegs to scam unsuspecting people with. This will encourage the bootleggers to produce more carts, each one taking a pound of flesh from PSNK. Just a matter of principle.