Any rumors about SS5 going to console, like PS2?

Moria/the man

New Challenger
I would like to see SS5 on one of the next gen consoles. Just so that they don't create 3D back grounds. They should be able do go X - Box Live with it. CvsS EO 2 went well. Think about being able to custom color you fav SS5 character! I'm sure to buy that if and when it comes out. We shall see.... I haven't herd much about how well it playes. Anyone played it a lot?

Don't forget..
-Farts turn purple in the springtime.-

mrchafe

Mr. Big's Thug
I don't think many people will have had the chance to have played a game that hasn't been released yet...

Gods, why does everyone seem to be banging on about xbox live?

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
Samurai Showdown Zero for the PS2 Xbox and Gamecube is just rumors but most probable to be release in one of the 3 or all three.

Who knows, i just want it to come out on one next gen system.

zerodark

n00b
I'm kind of hopeing it DOSNT come out on a "next gen" system for the simple fact that the masses will call it a knock off of Guilty Gear X, and there just isnt enough time in the day to crack all of there skulls

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
zerodark said:
I'm kind of hopeing it DOSNT come out on a "next gen" system for the simple fact that the masses will call it a knock off of Guilty Gear X, and there just isnt enough time in the day to crack all of there skulls

"The masses" have a pretty fond remberence of the Samurai Shodown games, actually. It's the 3D HN64 games that most people don't know about, and SS is still looked at as a good series, despite the horrible PSX port of SS3 and the crappy 3D fighter released for it. :)

The easiest way for me to sell GG games at work used to be to describe it as a fusion of Samurai Shodown and MSH; people knew exactly what I was talking about, even those who had no clue Neo games were still being made.

IIRC, the SNK reps at E3 said that there were no plans for the Xbox port of SvC Chaos to support Live play; they couldn't afford to do that or something along those lines. I'd assume it would be the same with SS5 if it makes it to the XBox.

Lee

zerodark

n00b
Jim is hot said:
good call, just work on that spelling :shame:

lol, you should see me spell when I'm not drunk!

Anyway, I am aware that many people know of SS, but the simple fact is that the next generation of gamers knows little of SS, if you put any SS game in front of a nine year old, most would enjoy it as they should, but many just wont know that it is a long running and loved series and would assume that 4 was a GGX clone of some sort.

I should just shut up, its taken like 15 minutes just to type what I did, I think its to go to bed and hope I can think in the morn.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
I heard it was for PS2, but what do I know. I've never played guilty gear I just like the picture of Sol, that's all. :emb:

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I don't think they'll ever port it to Xbox. The black
console is selling less than PSOne in Japan, and
things are gettin' worse very day (Dino Crisis 3
and DOA didn't help that much)...
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Xbox (I just
bought one) but Japanese players do.
If SNKP is gonna port SS5, Playstation 2 is a
sure bet. ;)

I expect the masses to not give a shit about SSV/0 because:

1. Most of them prob never even heard of the series, too far back. Many teenagers playing their PS2's and GC's were in kindergarden when SS1 came out
2. SSx is 2D. Most mainstreamers are drooling over pretty titles like SC2 and VF4.
3. Its been reiterated during the SVC craze that mainstreamers feel that "Neo Geo is gay"
4. Simply put, I feel that SVC is the most mainstream NEO game of all time, IMO b/c it has SF characters. Since SVC is getting just a lame response amongst the next gen system users, I would expect anything else lower than SVC will be forgotten.

This is the reality I see.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
4. Simply put, I feel that SVC is the most mainstream NEO game of all time, IMO b/c it has SF characters. Since SVC is getting just a lame response amongst the next gen system users, I would expect anything else lower than SVC will be forgotten.

This is the reality I see.
That would be saying SS5 is "lower" than SvC... Which may or may not be the case, plus it's a matter of opinion.

Inazuma said:
That would be saying SS5 is "lower" than SvC... Which may or may not be the case, plus it's a matter of opinion.

It would sound like that Inazuma wouldn't it?

But I'll tell you, I have more respect for SS than any SF game ever made.

I like SVC because it plays like a Greatest Hits album, and with the exception of a few Crapcom characters like Sagat,, Bison, and maybe Vega(who I kinda like anyway), I like all the others very much. I suppose even Greatest Hits albums may have a song or two one may not like...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'd rather wait until I've played both before deciding which one is the best to me...

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
Anyway, who cares what mass thinks about neo games, as long as they produce enough AES for their old fans.

SVC'll be a good game for sure but I don't think it will match the old time SNK spirit... Not that I'm nostalgic, but only by the fact that we will see cap caract. on our neo.

A samourai shodown game will always be a SS, and not a bastard like SVC (just kiding)

SS games rule all fighting games:buttrock:

zerodark

n00b
Marco-big-bro said:
SS games rule all fighting games:buttrock:

No joke, SS was the first fighting series I ever followed with any passion, I love many other games, but when ever I pop in any SS game, I can just sit for hours on end and never notice how long its really been

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
zerodark said:
No joke, SS was the first fighting series I ever followed with any passion, I love many other games, but when ever I pop in any SS game, I can just sit for hours on end and never notice how long its really been

I wasn't joking, SS games brought another thing in the world of fighting games....

When the first one was realeased in arcade, i remember thar I was spending all my money every week-ends on this game, I had nether seen such a game.:smirk:

I owned a neo since the begining but i think that was the day I realy felt in love witn SNK.