Hey gang, anybody want to guess about the MEG count for SVC Chaos?

NeoFreakWolf

Marked Wolf
I'm hoping they'll finally break the 1000 barrior, but I think it'll probably be more 830 to 945. But woundn't it be great to finally see a 4 digit MEG count? If they did that, I bet it would be Playmore's zenith, there's no way they could any higher!... Could they?

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
ummm I'm gonna guesss uhhhhhhhh 708. :)

insert-full.jpg

daybona

Juz,
Has anyone actually examined the pcb to confirm its actual meg count? I'm afraid the neo has reached its limit at 708.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I believe it was said somewhere else 708 was the Meg cap.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Is the whole "Giga Power" just marketing?

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Well there was "Max 330 Mega" and we have long past that. I don't see why "Giga Power" could not be the same shallow title. Seems as if you could pack all the memory in a cart you want. I just wonder how much the Neo can process at a time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
daybona said:
Has anyone actually examined the pcb to confirm its actual meg count? I'm afraid the neo has reached its limit at 708.
Not really, I've read KoF 2001 has a higher Meg count, like 728 or something.

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
my guess is something like 386 megs. So, who wants to guess what Waku Waku 7 is gonna be?

Last edited:

Nomax

Kula's Candy
I think the limit is physical.
"How many high-capacity ROMs can be put on a Neo-Geo cartridge?"
That's the real question!

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Doesn't MS3 have the highest meg count at 708, and that's what the insert for SvC says, so that is probably the limit.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
For who said kof 2001 is more than 708

then for the LAST time...this info ahas been proved wrong

kof 2001 is NOT more than 708...(and not even close)

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
I've got 128 MB of data stuffed on my 1 inch square SMC for the GP32. And that's not even the most high tech storing medium. The Neo-Geo carts could fit hundreds of gigabytes easily, but I doubt the console could process it all. And I doubt that we could afford it either...

NeoFreakWolf

Marked Wolf
Hmmm... Hadn't see the insert yet, only the poster. I guess I was just happy to actually have something to talk about, that I jumped the gun a bit. Sorry. But I thought the Master List claimed that KOF2k1 had like 821 MEG count?

NeoFreakWolf

Marked Wolf
Whoops, I was wrong again. KOF2k1 is list at 892 MEG, checked the Master List.

And since we're still on the topic of storage space & processing power. Would it be great if Playmore realeased a chip upgrade, or a new motherboard that allowed your old Neo Geo sys. to process higher MEG games faster, while still keeping the old 2D graphics we know and love?

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
How exactly would you know how to count the megs on the board? As i have looked on the board but cant see no meg numbers on any chips as i dont know what to look on.

Robert

20 Year Member
It would be interesting for the mods to correct the meg count of KOF 2001 and puting the real one to finish with these discussions.

From what I remember KOF 2001 is 705.

P.S: putting the KOF 2002 one to would be the other smart idea of the day.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Lee Gray said:
How exactly would you know how to count the megs on the board? As i have looked on the board but cant see no meg numbers on any chips as i dont know what to look on.

Each chip has a part number, that part number can be used to determine the size of the chip (what SNK uses for meg count) however, as is the case many times, the whole chip is not used... and the actual data is smaller than 708. We won't know for sure until it is dumped, then we can see the actual data from the chips.

And KOF2K1 is not 892 MEG, the master list is horribly wrong and is going on data from NGF (which was fabricated)... The real MEG size is around 680 (I don't feel like actually looking it up at the moment, but it is aprx 683 I believe.)

-Nick

NeoFreakWolf

Marked Wolf
NGF?! Yeew I feel dirty now. I will never doubt the power of the board members again..... Until the next time. So in a suprime act kindness, will the mods please update the Master List with the truth so something like this doesn't happen again? And thanks for setting me straight Nick.