Is Sonic Wings 2 good?

Ken Masters

Another Striker
Hi I wanted you guys opinoin on Sonic Wings 2, is it any good and does it hold in graphic department today? I want to get a shooter and I really love the cover of Sonic wings 2.

Freelancer

Banned
I've played it on MVS at an arcade back in the day. Great and fun little game, but like all of the AeroFighters (Sonic Wings) games, the stages are VERY short and the game itself takes less than 25 minutes to clear if you're good.

If you're REALLY into these types of short, frenzied shooters, buy it. If you're looking for something with a little more depth and substance, I'd suggest ASOII or a horizontal shooter like Last Resort or Pulstar.

Robert

20 Year Member
Sonic wing is a solid old school shooter but don't expect more. A MVS loose cart would be the sensible choice.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Sonic wings are my favorite shooters on the Neo.

Sonic wings 3 is the better of the two. Highly recommended.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Excellent game. Essential old school fighter.
I have Aero Fighters 2 and 3 mvs carts, also the original Aero Fighters jamma boardset (vertical orientation) My fav is #2.
Go for it :)

rimm_rs

Banned
For the money of SW2 or 3 you should invest in Last Resort, View Point or Andro Dunos.

But if you want a horizontal shooter, then SW2 is not bad, though the visuals and sounds are quite dated t can be somewhat fun. Still bear in mind that I LOVE shooters, but am more of a vertical scroller fan than anything else.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Great game. One of my favorite old school shooters on the Neo.

If you like it, try the original on the SNES. Great games.

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
Fly through a stage, blow up enemies, and destroy the boss; AeroFighters 2 is pretty much just like every other Psikyo shmup out there. I suppose you'll love it if you're into that kind of game...

Apart from the gameplay, AF2 also has pilots that say some very silly stuff (and it gets even better in two-player). If you dig funny dialogue, I'm sure you'll dig this silly game...

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Strikers 1945 + is the one to get I think, but it is more expensive than Aero Fighters 2. You could also try Ghost Pilots.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
rimm_rs said:
For the money of SW2 or 3 you should invest in Last Resort, View Point or Andro Dunos.

ANDRO DUNOS ??????

Are you fucking nuts ? Better than Aero Fighters 2 ?

Whoa !

Rimms, what drugs are you smoking my friend ? :tickled:

OK OK !! I know you love it, but It's a Visco game dammit !
Besides NDO, wich Visco game is REALLY good for the Neo ?

Come on! Aero Fighters 2 ownz Andro Dunos anyday for free.:smirk:

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
neogeofl said:
...but I liked Aero Fighters 3 better.

I dunno. With its very short stages, AF3 sometimes feels like one big boss attack mode.

I personally don't mind it, but some people might not like the lack of long immersive stages.....

Frame Gride 2

Robert Garcia's Butler
oh man.. I absolutely love AF2. Its one of my fav shooters on the neo. I have the us ngh version and i pop it in every week on a constant basis.. I love the old school style to it and it always keeps me coming back for more. Its the one game I wont sell. Ive been given atleast 5-10 offers for my mint us version and I just wont sell it. You cant put a price on a game that has sentimental value.

gemen

Mickey's Coach
I like SW 2 very much, very classic game. Although Strikers 1945+ has better picture, but I am still enjoy the old school style which SW 2 brings to me.

About SW 3, i only played it for half hour, still prefer version 2.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
oh man.. I absolutely love AF2. Its one of my fav shooters on the neo. I have the us ngh version and i pop it in every week on a constant basis.. I love the old school style to it and it always keeps me coming back for more. Its the one game I wont sell. Ive been given atleast 5-10 offers for my mint us version and I just wont sell it. You cant put a price on a game that has sentimental value.

Define mint...:glee:

Frame Gride 2

Robert Garcia's Butler
Halox said:
Define mint...:glee:

No cosmetic flaws... no wear, 1 scuff on the front of the case but thats basically it.. possibly near mint cuz of the scuff... i can take pics heh