about the new 1 slots at neo store

endostick

Waste Of Flesh
Is there anyway to get them memory card compatible, I know they dont have a card reader, but can one be built for it. Are memory cards really that important?
I just got superdodgeball
rage of the dragons and
samurai showdown 2
what games are really good to have a memory card for, am i missing out by not having one.....thank you, i am brand new

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
memory cards are pretty much useless, all they store is at which level you died.

adding a memcard reader would take almost 70 wires and a shitload of tracking down connections. not worth it.

Freelancer

Banned
Arakon said:
memory cards are pretty much useless, all they store is at which level you died.

adding a memcard reader would take almost 70 wires and a shitload of tracking down connections. not worth it.

They're not useless. They're a nice convenience to have, particularly for those who don't always have the time to play through games in one sitting.

The absence of a memory card slot is usually pretty dramatic for those who also own AES systems...they're not necessary, but when you need to save your game, you notice it big time.

If you're going to play mainly fighting games on your MVS system, it's not needed. If you're going to play games like Baseball Stars 1 and 2, 2020 Baseball (the pennant mode takes FOREVER), the Metal Slugs and Sengokus as well as classics like Magician Lord and Blue's Journey, the memory card is a good option to have.

Freelancer

Banned
endostick said:
dont you need a memory card for baseball stars 2 though

You CAN play Baseball Stars 2 without a memory card, but be warned unless you want to play through the 15+ game season mode in one sitting, it's highly recommended that you have a memory card to save with! There's no password option in Baseball Stars 2 and 2020 Baseball like there was in Baseball Stars 1.

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
pulstar = memory card

if you don't have the card, you will hate the game as I do