Can I put a 6-Slot MVS board in my Neo 19 SC without changing any power settings?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I've got a Neo 19 SC without a Mobo and my questions is even though it was originally setup to take a 4-Slot will it be ok to just stick a 6-Slot in there, or will I have to change the power settings? Also, could I put in a 2-Slot without changing anything? My understanding was that as long as it's a multi slot it will be ok. Just thought I'd make sure though as it will be my first time powering up the cab. Any help is much appreciated.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
There will be no problem hooking it up in that cab, assuming you have a standard arcade cab psu. They can deliver up to 15 amps, the six slots typicaly draw 5 amps.
Will a six slot mobo physicaly fit inside a 19'' cab ? its a fairly large boardset

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Yes I believe it's a standard arcade psu. Thanks for the help. I know it's rather large, I got the measurements of the 6-slot from some members here. With the measurements I got it should fit snugly inside the cab.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Just remember..There will be 6 carts in this mother board that need clearance to get in and out..

The six carts in this board take up a lot of room..You may want to consider getting a measurement with carts installed..

I'm not sure what a Neo 19 SC looks like.

If it's the small white cab with the blue top.?..If So..Then man that's going to be tight...

Allien133

Astra Superstar
My 4 slot just fit very tightly on the wooden plank in my sc19 candy cab.
i think a 6 slot would be cutting it close.
But hey, it's up to you :)

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Well I've got two Neo 19 SC cabs. I later realized that the frist one I bought was not entirley complete. The new one I just got has a coin box inside the cab and a metal rack to put an MVS board on. This cab is intended to be a 4-slot which is 2 PCBs thick, my understanding of a 6-slot was that it was also 2 PCBs thick just longer. If that holds true it should fit in there. Like I said, I already got the dimensions of a 6-slot and it should be ok. I'll be sure to post a pic if I get it in there.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
The Chief said:
Well I've got two Neo 19 SC cabs. I later realized that the frist one I bought was not entirley complete. The new one I just got has a coin box inside the cab and a metal rack to put an MVS board on. This cab is intended to be a 4-slot which is 2 PCBs thick, my understanding of a 6-slot was that it was also 2 PCBs thick just longer. If that holds true it should fit in there. Like I said, I already got the dimensions of a 6-slot and it should be ok. I'll be sure to post a pic if I get it in there.

Damn,..two Neo 19 SC cabs..Wow!..Congtrats.
I'd like to see pics of these..

Man if you ever decide to get rid of one,please let me know..

I want a Neo 19 SC as a second cab..

Battle Version

Overtop Pathfinder
lol.... he will never get rid of his "babies" he also has a gold US 2 slot machine. I played on them and they are all in amazing shape. Hail to the chief:buttrock:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
Damn,..two Neo 19 SC cabs..Wow!..Congtrats.
I'd like to see pics of these..

Man if you ever decide to get rid of one,please let me know..

I want a Neo 19 SC as a second cab..

I don't see myself ever wanting to part with one but I'll keep you in mind in case I have to.

Once I've got the 6-slot in place I'll take some pics. BTW does anyone happen to have a few 100 Yen coins they would like to sell? This cab came equipped with a coin mech and I'd like to try it out.

I know you're all about the MVS, you have quite a nice cab yourself, I really love the big red US cabs. I've also got a US Gold Cab in really nice shape. It's the cab that gets the most play when I've got friends over, to me the Neo 19 SC is really only fit for one person. But perfect size for one person, very nice, bright, clear picture.

There is a real nice Neo cab at this mall about 40 minutes from my house. It's a dedicated, red 2-slot in like mint condition, 25" monitor too. I was eyeballing it the whole time I was there, it even had the memory cart slots built into the cab and arround them was the original sticker and serial number. My friend and I are driving there tomorrow to go to the arcade, I'll most likely bring my digi cam and take some pictures. I can see myself owning this cab someday, it's a real find. Last time I was there it had Metal Slug 3 and Bust A Move Again, two solid games.

Damn, I think that's the longest post I've ever written:eek_2:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Heh, I must have typed too much, Battle beat me to the punch:p