Metal Slug 3 PS2 rejected by SCEA???

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
This is only a rumor right now. Supposedly the reason is b/c SCEA does not think it will sell well enough. This is an issue with SCEA because there is limited shelf space and this would mean a better selling game would get pushed off the shelves (along with Sony's cut of the sales of said game).

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
can you at least post a link to the forum/web site you heard this from?

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Wow !!!

Another reason to *love* Sony even more !!

First, they give only shitty games. Then they denny the productions of one of the greatest shooters of all time ( if not the best!! ) ?

Bleh ! tsk tsk... Playstation !:rolleyes:

gunrock46

Dodgeball Yakuza
This would be all the reason to have a GameCube version with all the slugs to date on 1 cd. I'd buy 2 of them if they did something like that.

I've never owned a ps2 system and sold my ps1 2 weeks after I got it. Sony blows.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
gunrock46 said:
This would be all the reason to have a GameCube version with all the slugs to date on 1 cd. I'd buy 2 of them if they did something like that.

I've never owned a ps2 system and sold my ps1 2 weeks after I got it. Sony blows.

It'd fit better with the GC due to the heavy influx of nostalgic/old school games currently on the system.

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
shit, i was gonna mod my ps2, and buy the jap version

but i heard it was gonna come out in the usa

so i spent the $120 it would cost to mod the system and to buy

the game

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It doesn't make sense. If other companies are allowed to release their old arcade games, then SNKP should be allowed to release this.

I don't believe, and refuse to until I get confirmation.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
'This is only a rumor now' says the first post in the thread.

That's a lot kinder than the recent 'Official news from Good Friend Dion Dakis' so just relax until there's an official announcement.

That is unless we receive it as official news from our Good Friend Dion Dakis.

HPMAN

UI resident
Is SCEA supposed to publish the game ?

If not I don't think they got a word to say about releasing it or not. Publisher pays devkits, pulishing fees, royalties etc...
They just can't put a "hey I don't want this game out".

mike 88

Quiz Detective
i always said it sony fucking sucks they think that people want newer games 3-D. also like i said before casual gamers always win hardcore gamers always lose.

gunrock46

Dodgeball Yakuza
mike 88 said:
i always said it sony fucking sucks they think that people want newer games 3-D. also like i said before casual gamers always win hardcore gamers always lose.

Very true. Hardcore gamers get hosed. Hopefully if this is true Nintendo will sieze the opportunity and publish it on the Cube. Ikaruga rocked and they game that a shot. I already have 2 metal slug 3 carts sitting on the floor, but I'd buy another ver for Cube if they ever did something like that.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
This is all rumor still and I doubt anything will really happen. Sony should know better it will make some quick $ off this from the old school gamers

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
HPMAN said:

If not I don't think they got a word to say about releasing it or not. Publisher pays devkits, pulishing fees, royalties etc...

They were known for shooting down a few potential 2d releases early in the ps1's lifespan because they wanted their lineup to emphasize the system's 3d capabilities.

Crovax

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
HPMAN said:

They've (tried) to do it before on the PS1. For a while, both Mega Man 8 and Mega Man X4 looked like they were going to become Saturn exclusives here in the US because of SCEA. I thought that they had relaxed their policies on 2D games since then though, so i'm taking this rumor with a grain of salt for now.

mike 88

Quiz Detective
Crovax said:
They've (tried) to do it before on the PS1. For a while, both Mega Man 8 and Mega Man X4 looked like they were going to become Saturn exclusives here in the US because of SCEA. I thought that they had relaxed their policies on 2D games since then though, so i'm taking this rumor with a grain of salt for now.

any body wants great 2-d games look else where, we were lucking to get the final fantasy collection.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
It wouldn't make much sense if you ask me. Then again, Sony has held up some games and required "bundle" deals on the older software. Grownraiser or whatever it's called was put off from a US release until they agreed to bundle the games in one package. Could something like that be happening with Slug 3? Possibly I suppose. But it really doesn't seem to fit, of course Sony will start to screw up eventually, they all do. Maybe Sony is starting to reach that level of arrogance Nintendo once had. I do know that Sony isn't very worried about hardware sells anymore, pretty much anyone that wants a PS2 has it, and Sony is more concerned with selling software now. I just don't see Slug 3 as taking up much shelf space in the first place. So until I hear otherwise, it's just bullshit.

kaydigi

n00b

Yes SCEA refused to let MM8 be published. CAPCOM then said they wouldn't publish Resident Evil 2 on the PS1, Sony buckled and MM8 was released on PSOne.

Sony is very Anti 2D, in the US anyways.

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
the roker said:
It doesn't make sense. If other companies are allowed to release their old arcade games, then SNKP should be allowed to release this.

It makes perfect sense. Sony is VERY corporate right now - getting an old-school game published is a matter of power and contacts. Why can Namco get old arcade remakes published? Power. Why can Atlus get what are essentially PS1 RPGs published? Contacts. Working Designs ran in to the same problem SNKP is probably dealing with right now.

Crovax

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
kaydigi said:
Yes SCEA refused to let MM8 be published. CAPCOM then said they wouldn't publish Resident Evil 2 on the PS1, Sony buckled and MM8 was released on PSOne.

Sony is very Anti 2D, in the US anyways.

Originally posted by Mike 88
any body wants great 2-d games look else where, we were lucking to get the final fantasy collection.

I know that, and I said "relaxed," not "abandoned." After all, even in spite of their anti-2D slant, we were still able to get games like Guilty Gear XX as well as all the PS1 titles that Agetec published. they obviously relaxed their stance in that they no longer outright barred games just because they were 2D. they still didn't (and don't) like them, but my statement was based on the observation that compared to the early days of the PS1, SCEA had allowed more 2D games through.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
If Sony wanted to be retarded, they would carry out this this plan. I'm getting flashbacks of the PS1 first coming out with the "no 2D" policy. Almost never had Worms come out because of it. Stupid idiots.

Spike

Sythe

Ninja Combat Warrior
Spike Spiegel said:
If Sony wanted to be retarded, they would carry out this this plan. I'm getting flashbacks of the PS1 first coming out with the "no 2D" policy. Almost never had Worms come out because of it. Stupid idiots.

Spike

Bad Fashbacks Spike. Stuff I would rather not think about;)

rimm_rs

Banned
It was rejected about 2 months ago, this if FACT.

It did not even get concept approval.

Sony does not think it represents what Playtstation 2 is about.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
If it's being rejected why is it still listed on EBgame's website? I just went there not even an hour ago to check the release date.

Lots of people are going to get the game. It's not going to sell millions but there's enough hardcore Slug fans and people that like 2D games that will buy it.

I know I am.