New Neo developer Yuki Enterprises? Samsho staff works on SS0

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
You can read a small blurb about SSO in the November issue of GMR magazine (SSX3 steals the cover this month). Turn to page 36 (International Report) to read the following:

"Old-school 2D swordplay returns to arcades courtesy of SNK's upcoming Samurai Shodown Zero, being tested right now. Yuki Enterprises, a new company comprised of former SNK/Samsho staff, is developing Zero.

They even show a screenshot with the following caption:

"Hardcore 2D-fighting-game fanatics, call your local arcade now to see if it's one of the lucky U.S. test locations for Samurai Shodown Zero."

There's a new Neo developer in town comprised of ex-Samsho developers? Damn... since when?

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Re: SS0 mentioned in lastest issue of GMR magazine

NeoLord said:
"Yuki Enterprises, a new company comprised of former SNK/Samsho staff, is developing Zero."

I did not know that

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Re: Re: SS0 mentioned in lastest issue of GMR magazine

Decepticon said:
I did not know that

I'll change the subject header to attract more people.

I didn't know it either...

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Re: Re: Re: SS0 mentioned in lastest issue of GMR magazine

NeoLord said:
I'll change the subject header to attract more people.

I didn't know this either...

That truly is great news, similar to Sammy making KOF, some of them are more than likely the original artists working on their great series once again.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Re: Re: Re: Re: SS0 mentioned in lastest issue of GMR magazine

Decepticon said:
That truly is great news, similar to Sammy making KOF, some of them are more than likely the original artists working on their great series once again.

This is truly exciting indeed! SNK is in da' house! :D

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SS0 mentioned in lastest issue of GMR magazine

NeoLord said:
This is truly exciting indeed! SNK is in everyone elses DEV house! :D

There fixed it for you.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SS0 mentioned in lastest issue of GMR magazine

Decepticon said:
There fixed it for you.

Rock on, man -- rock on!

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
Former SNK programers!?!?:multi_co:
THey must'be preparing a few good projects:buttrock:
That's good to know.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Marco-big-bro said:
Former SNK programers!?!?:multi_co:
THey must'be preparing a few good projects:buttrock:
That's good to know.

I think you might be right, Marco. :D It looks like the Neo still has some fight left in it. ;)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Guess when SNKP was actively trying to get former talent back, they weren't kidding. Pretty good way to do it. Stay with the company you're with now, but let your old company license stuff out to you.

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
It's just so sad they had to split a team that could actually create so many references in the world of gamming experience:crying:

I remember that evry time they were launching a new series, it was like "what they 're going to invent next?"

And it was sometime like txice or more a year...

When you have so much creativity in a team, you should do whatever in youre power to bring them all together....

(At least that's what i would do, if i was the human ressources head manager of SNKP...)

The original SNK team never stopped to suprised me, "may heaven be open for them":p

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Trieu had mentioned that Yuki Enterprise is in fact ex-members of SNK who had worked on the previous SS games (Team Galapagos?) Which definetely hold promise for SSV as well as future KOF titles.

It should definetely make all those "Playmore can't make crap! Give me SNK!" people to shut up.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Rehash or no, SS0 looks good, and I am hoping it sees a proper MVS cart and home release ;) SvsC is not really my cup of tea, fun yes... but, SS0 and that new music game are what have me psyched!

-Nick

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Cain Highwind said:
Trieu had mentioned that Yuki Enterprise is in fact ex-members of SNK who had worked on the previous SS games (Team Galapagos?) Which definetely hold promise for SSV as well as future KOF titles.

It should definetely make all those "Playmore can't make crap! Give me SNK!" people to shut up.

I agree with you completely, Cain. I have every intention of pre-ordering SSO, and even more so now seeing that team SamSho is on the job.