Arcade Monitor problems

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
I'm having problems with the quality of my cabs monitor. When ever I start it up, and switch to a demo with "flashy" start, IE, KOF 99 it starts flickering, and then the picture quality warms up. But when I get to a character select screen or bars etc, little green lines come out of the end of such shapes. Also, whenever I try to pull off a special move (in KOF 97) the screen flickers (or rolls...however you say it)...

How can I fix this?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I say this has something to do with your power supply..
It may need to be raised a bit..

But then I could be totally wrong on this..I sure would like to help though.. :)

Damn ..it takes me too long to post tonight..

Last edited:

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
Try turning down the brightness or contrast until the green lines disappear...the same thing happened on a cab at work when I put Bust a Move in it. The colors were too bright, and bled to the right.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sorry for the Spam..

I just can't take how slow the site is tonight...Damn it..

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
The screen voltage being low can cause flairing on peak whites or RGBs. It should be set to just illuminate the dots at minimum brightness and contrast settings. If set to high you will see the retrace lines.
The adjustment is the lower one on the flyback transformer, below the focus pot.
A cap kit may be a good idea too, that may fix the vertical instability problem.
Only attempt this adjustment if you understand the safety issues.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
I fixed it by tinkering around with the monitor settings even more, thanks guys! :)

misshotback

Zero's Secretary
what exactly did you tinker with? I have these same green lines but when I turn down the contrast, it makes the screen unbearably dark?

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
misshotback said:
what exactly did you tinker with? I have these same green lines but when I turn down the contrast, it makes the screen unbearably dark?

Yikes, i'm going to need to go back and tinker with it some more and write up what I do.

Anyway, now there are only A LITTLe (very hard to see) green lines, and flickering is gone away.

MrKitt

n00b
do the green lines appear all obove the whole screen ??
if so there are a RGB Rasta and Bais correction screws on the CRT board part usally (looks like small pots) there should be some sort of inscription with B for bais not B for BLUE!!! try turning one of them gently until you find the one for green, if it aint the green one turn it back to found state and try the next one.

and oh you must do this while the unit is one to actually see the changes so be carefull and dont get electricuted