Our good friend Dion Dakis

Goukipoo

New Challenger
Got this from Insert Credit. Don't think anyone had posted it yet.

"If you are wondering about what else is up Playmore's sleeves concerning their older properties... wonder no longer! Or continue to wonder; it's up to you! In any case, Dion Dakis, head honcho at Neo Geo Freak USA just sent out an e-mail with the following:

BATTLE ARENA - Eolith - MVS, December 2003.
POCCHITO NYAN - Taito/Aiky - MVS, December 2003.
Last Blade 3 - SNKP - JAMMA, February 2004, (we saw this at JAMMA show 2000)
KoF2003 - SNKP - JAMMA board, March 2003
KoF2004 - SAMMY - Atomiswave, June 2004.
Dance Rhythm Mix - ADK - MVS, April 2004.

Battle Arena is a brand new fighting game while Last Blade 3 looks to continue the trend of "new old stock" from the Aruze-SNK era...

As always, take news items like this with a grain of salt until official confirmation arrives. "

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Awesome how you get the inside scoop when you get sued.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Yeah, just saw this and was about to post something.

I'm going with the "Dion doesn't know shit" route. Last Blade 3 at a Jamma show in 2000? Bull.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
What's this "battle arena"?
How is ANOTHER game possible?!?!!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I hope it's a Toshinden game. Best 3d game ever can only = best 2d game ever.

Ran Thrie

Zero's Tailor
true , false i dunno but i'm not crazy and i saw pics of Last Blade3
around here a long time ago. I brought this up before but no one remembers........oh well

mrchafe

Mr. Big's Thug
I personally wouldn't trust Dion to be truthful about these. Who wants to bet he'll claim to have exclusive distribution licenses with SNKP on 'em?

ni-ten

War Room Troll
Pics of Last Blade 3?
Can someone repost those?
I only remember that dion said on his page,that he played a
beta of Last Blade 3 a few years ago.

I just checked the Insert Credit page... Grain of salt indeed...

I got to admit, the NEO hardware is swimming in busy waters nowadays isn't it? Kinda fun huh?

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
definately just take it with a grain of salt but on snk-capcom.com they did say there will be a totally new fighting releases on the MVS around march or april.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
kobylka68 said:
definately just take it with a grain of salt but on snk-capcom.com they did say there will be a totally new fighting releases on the MVS around march or april.

Way more thrustworthy source anyway.

s-c.com has much more credit than any sentence Dion writes anywhere.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Actually I will Say Dion probably does have information on these games.

the Problem is as usal he is one of those people that lives on attention so he tends to release information before the official announcement is made so he can say "information first seen here." It has backfired on him several times announcing games prematurley like when he wanted so much for ROTD to be art of fighting 4 so he can say "I announced it first" :)

I imagine Shawn and Treu are aware of these titles just do not announce them until a official announcement is made.

I just wish Dion was a man of his word and get out of the Neo like he said back earlier this year. His cries for attention get annoying at time.

But I'm feeding his ego now so I guess I should not post this and just keep my oppinons to myself :loco:

Phil

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
first off...

Who the fuck do you think you are?

Dion Dakis is a parisite, DON'T mention his name on these forums.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'll take the "I'll believe it, when I see it" route with LB3.

Playmore would fuck it up anyway.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dion works off of the same idea as psychics. If you give enough vague or expected predictions then you will eventually be right and can say 'I knew it way back in Oct.' usually people will forget all of the incorrect predictions.

In this case

Battle Arena is a vague enough name that when it does come out as whatever title he could say that Battle Arena was a working title.

LB3 is a pretty 'no shit' guess considering that Playmore has done a sequel to pretty much everything else since taking the reigns

All the other games have been announced, and he is likely basing his dates for release on proximity from their announcement. Pochi no Nya has been known to be done for a while, while ADK's Bemani game just got revealed

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Dion is amazing, he revealed information for all these games that were announced already!

:rolleyes:

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Last Blade 3?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. (considering there was absolutely nothing on it at TGS.)

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
Hahaha,no.

This thread reaks of bullshit.I would want a more trustworthy source of any new games,not Dion.

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
I donno what to think...by their track record this info is not settling well with me...:rolleyes:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Playmore better not fuck up Last Blade 3 or I will be upset. I really hope they do a good job with it, it sure will be hard though. The main reason I am worried is because Playmore has not been known to create a good atmosphere in their games, and that was what the LB games were all about, atmosphere.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Can we all learn just to ignore Dion and anything he may have to say about the Neo Geo? :shame:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I will believe these games when I hear it from SNKP themselves. Otherwise, it is all vaporware to get attention.

GAMEFAN