Metal Slug 5 beta in Madrid

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Dios, I can't believe there's a "Feria Española del Recreativo"! Too bad is in Madrid...:angry:

I damn centralism to HELL! :blow_top:

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Dios, I can't believe there's a "Feria Española del Recreativo"! Too bad is in Madrid...:angry:

I damn centralism to HELL! :blow_top:

Ahem ahem...

:shame: :shame: :shame:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lovecraft0110 said:
Ahem ahem...

:shame: :shame: :shame:
:spock:

Must be a Spain thing ;)

Anyway, I know we don't have many Spanish members but can anyone make it for some more info?

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I'm way too far.

lithy: Madrid is the capital city and it's on the center of spain. barcelona is in the northeast. People from Barcelona don't mix very well with people of Madrid and viceversa (because regionalism, Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona, etc)

Anyway... speksnk as a reliable source... i'm still waiting pics from ANYWHERE (IE: Loke test of las saturday)

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
:spock:

Must be a Spain thing ;)

Anyway, I know we don't have many Spanish members but can anyone make it for some more info?

Heheh, yeah, it's a "Spanish thing". Setsuna1982's account of the story is a bit...optimistic and excessively summarised, I should think.

Have you heard about the rise of nationalism in the 19th century? Spain never progressed beyond that era. Or, more preciselt, SOME REGIONS of Spain never progressed beyond it (i.e. Catalonia and the ahem..."Basque Country"), and now the rest have to suffer from their fanatical regionalist madness. Like the Balkans, you know?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lovecraft0110 said:
Heheh, yeah, it's a "Spanish thing". Setsuna1982's account of the story is a bit...optimistic and excessively summarised, I should think.

Have you heard about the rise of nationalism in the 19th century? Spain never progressed beyond that era. Or, more preciselt, SOME REGIONS of Spain never progressed beyond it (i.e. Catalonia and the ahem..."Basque Country"), and now the rest have to suffer from their fanatical regionalist madness. Like the Balkans, you know?

I do have a vague knowledge of the regional differences, nothing I know too much about though. We learned about the Basque's last week in Anthropology (I believe it was them , if they are the ones the occupy nothern Spain and southern France), its probobly a hard thing for me to look at and understand too much from the outside, but why don't you resolve your differences for Metal Slug 5 ;)

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
are Basque's wrong to want a seperate state? why? they have a different culture, language, outlook, have been downtrodden throughout history by the 'Spanish' (Franco was harsh man...). Just asking. Please lovecraft don't intimidate me with your 'superior knowlege' - I just want an opinion.
I have Spanish blood - Catalan/Gallega/Gibraltar and also French Basque. I guess most Argentinians are a giant collage of european ethnicities...
sorry for the spam

:annoyed:

editor

n00b
Why Madrid

There was a really big amusement show in the area and they needed ROI numbers, and get people hot.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Lovecraft0110 said:

I think I won't even bother to answer that... :oh_no:

DevilRedeemed, I have abolutely nothing against the basques wanting to have a separate country, they can have their own one so we can all forget about them. Anyway this story is far too complicated.

And well, in my first post I was only bitching about this event being done in Madrid, I'd love to be there, but I won't go because it's just too far, not because of soccer or "nationalism" or whatever.

As far as I know our only member in Madrid is ocsmod but I haven't seen him posting for ages. I promise that if this was done in a 3 hours by train radius from Barcelona (funny we still don't have the AVE :D) I would go for a day.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Too bad the MS5test is not in Barcelona...
...but yet, are there any real arcades left in Barcelona?:eek:
(don't count the newparks there...)

I miss arcades in Barcelona, I miss the Apolo...

[OCEAN]

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
[OCEAN] said:
Too bad the MS5test is not in Barcelona...
...but yet, are there any real arcades left in Barcelona?:eek:
(don't count the newparks there...)

I miss arcades in Barcelona, I miss the Apolo...

[OCEAN]

There are still some left, my fav one is in Gran Via next to Plaça Universitat, because I used to go to the University there.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
Lovecraft0110 said:

Pffff always the same bullshit and propaganda :oh_no: . I just LMAO

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Amano Jacu said:
There are still some left, my fav one is in Gran Via next to Plaça Universitat, because I used to go to the University there.

Really?
I didn't know about that, I'll definetly go to check it out:buttrock:

[OCEAN]

AOJ

Armored Scrum Object
Hi all! It's been a long time since my last post ... (damn summer works, and now starting study again!).

How life is going? Everyone ok? (I hope it)

Interesting the betatesting news in Spain! I never thought a betatesting here ... maybe SNKP is thinking in our marginal country? :spock:

Hey BCN capital people .. can you write here wich arcade centers are left in? I only know the typical newparks, but sucks big time. And our beloved Apolo :(

See you again!

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
Damn, why is Madrid so far away??? :(

But then again, it would be just as far away if it was located in the north of Sweden as well...:p