Playmore update: SVC delayed just for the western market?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
In today's SNK-Playmore site update, we also had a Consumer Release Schedule updste:

most noticeably, the PS2 version of SVC Chaos is now presented in the official release schedule, yet still with no release date.

But what's more impressing is no delay in the domestic Asian release of the NeoGeo version of SVC Chaos has been reported. The game is still planned for the 10/9 release in both the JPN release schedule and now also in the updated English counterpart of the NeoGeo consumer releases page.

There's some notice about the SVC sale day on top of the page, but seems I can't translate it properly...

Any further help would be appreciated.

G.

Last edited:

ray_7

If that is indeed true, I might get a JPN homecart from play-asia, and sell it later when I got the US cart from Shawn...

EDIT: I've just checked play-asia's wensite, and they now stated that the cart will be in stock on Nov as well.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Well I hope any Japanese-reader user here may translate the notice I was referring about...

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Yeah, that's exactly what I was pointing out.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
We received news yesterday about a delay for SNK vs Capcom Chaos to November 13 but the Playmore site which was updated today appears to reinforce the original ship date of October 9. So, with the release of the game exactly 1 week away, Playmore wouldn't post an update reiterating the original release date...would they?
-NCS

OK color me confused. I asked Shawn to change my order over to the SVC MVS in the store... But if the date is correct after all.. I sure want the homecart still..

Lizzie or Shawn, let us know what's up please.

Lizzie

Neo-Geo.com Staff, Global Moderator,
Cynn said:
-NCS

OK color me confused. I asked Shawn to change my order over to the SVC MVS in the store... But if the date is correct after all.. I sure want the homecart still..

Lizzie or Shawn, let us know what's up please.

As far as we know, the release date for SvC Chaos AES is still November 13. We will do some further investigation and if we discover the release date is still set for Oct. 9th, then we will let you know. It's possible that SNK Playmore still needs to accurately update their website to reflect the new release date.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Lizzie said:
It's possible that SNK Playmore still needs to accurately update their website to reflect the new release date.

This is the japanese text translated by evil wasabi:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEOGEO”ÅSNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS‚Ì”_”„“ú•Ï￾X‚ɂ‚¢‚Ä

￾æ￾T￾A–{ƒTƒCƒg‚Å”_”„“ú‰„Šú‚ð‚¨’m‚点‚µ‚½NEOGEO‰Æ’ë—pƒ￾ƒ€ƒJƒZƒbƒg￾uSNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS￾v‚Í￾A“–￾‰‚Ì—\’è’Ê‚è10ŒŽ9“ú‚É”_”„‚³‚ê‚邱‚Æ‚É‚È‚è‚Ü‚µ‚½￾Bƒ†￾[ƒU￾[‚ÌŠF—l‚É‚Í‚²￾S”z‚ð‚¨‚©‚¯‚µ￾A￾\‚µ–󂲂´‚¢‚Ü‚¹‚ñ‚Å‚µ‚½￾B

Basically, they say that the home cart game was said to be postponed, but is going as scheduled... 10/9. Then then apologize, and list the release date again at the bottom as 10/9.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So they said it already was postponed but is back on schedule,
which means this information is newer than the older "postponed" message.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Oh man, I really don't care anymore. My head hurts from cranium crammage for midterms, I'm weary from my OS and Stats projects, AND my BoSox lost last nite in 12 on a frickin' sequezze bunt. SvCC will come when it comes.

*falls over and dies*

Lizzie

Neo-Geo.com Staff, Global Moderator,
As of now, we are still sticking with the November 13th release date. It looks like we should be expecting an update from them, but for now we have to stick with November 13th until told otherwise.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
A glimmer of hope? :)

Well, I'm not getting my hopes up, but I will definitely be watching for news a lot more than usual now....

Lee

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Lyte Edge said:
A glimmer of hope? :)

Well, I'm not getting my hopes up, but I will definitely be watching for news a lot more than usual now....

Lee

Me too. Why would they keep changing the date?