KOF2K and 2K1 PS2 Video Footage

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Credit for these goes to Valenti of the S-C.com forums; he's also a member here, but I didn't see him post these yet.

http://www.gameinformer.com/Images/...WMV/KOF2000.wmv

http://www.gameinformer.com/Images/...WMV/KOF2001.wmv

The sound is broken, and is replaced by a horrible screeching so turn your volume OFF [not down]

Most interesting is the 2k1 video, cause it shows off the new backgrounds and title screen. If you ask me, it looks really tacky in a lot of places...cool in a few others. Make sure to post your opinion on it.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Yeah, I watched the 2k1 vid this morning (can't watch the other now because I'm at work). I agree about the cool/tacky line it is treading on - those clouds remind me of the select screen to a 3D fighter or something.

Still, it doesn't look horrific, and the load times - though apparent - aren't ridiculous.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
I like the way they changed some of the stages.One of the stage with that sunset and rippling water looks cool.The character select screen looks very cool with those cloud moving effects but seems kind of plain as well.
I noticed some missing shadows on Kula but i will just pass it off as that game not being the final version.

KOF 2000 on the other hand seems just like the JPN version accept that the SNK neogeoUSA logo is added.

K hunter

Kula's Candy
i like the new look... it's much easier on the eyes than the cart/version was..

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I am picking these the hell up.

edit: Are they still offering them as a package, as was stated earlier in the year?

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Thanks m8
I think this PS2 port is gonna look (and maybe play) better than DC and Neo version ;)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
StickmanLoser said:
I am picking these the hell up.

edit: Are they still offering them as a package, as was stated earlier in the year?

Yes, and I believe you can preorder it from www.ebgames.com as well.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Umm ill stick with DC, i cant believe those cloud movies or whatever they used for a cheap special effect in the selection area. I was all about 2k1s original menu layout, oh well.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Sorry guys but PS2 2k1 pisses all over the neo version from that video - they got rid of the shitty in game avatars and replaced them with the excellent artwork from the 2k1 AES manual. The stages look much better, the USA stage at night with the neon light effects look fantastic and so does the bridge stage at sunset..as long as they sort out the fucking awful music from the neo version this will own hard-kwore.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Plisken said:
Sorry guys but PS2 2k1 pisses all over the neo version from that video - they got rid of the shitty in game avatars and replaced them with the excellent artwork from the 2k1 AES manual. The stages look much better, the USA stage at night with the neon light effects look fantastic and so does the bridge stage at sunset..as long as they sort out the fucking awful music from the neo version this will own hard-kwore.

Yeah, in some ways I agree with you...but it's too much of a mix mash. On their own, all the things you mentioned look nice and were good ideas. Unfortunately, thrown in with the soft, blurred pixels of the port, they make the whole thing look tacky.

The clouds look like they're from a 1993 movie about "THE INTERNET AND VIRTUAL REALITY," really cheesy. The backgrounds don't look like they're a part of the foregrounds whatsoever...it just isn't stylistic. The 2000 port looks legit.

Let's just hope its not these same men making design decisions for any possibly upcoming AES KOF's...

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Just watched the videos. Wonderful. Just wonderful. Chalk this up as experience for moving on, good things are going to be coming from SNK on this.

Between this and SvC on PS2 (which I HOPE TO GOD gets released soon in the US), it's proving that they're moving in the right direction on a lot of fronts.

This one being timely (mainstream) console ports of the game.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I think they look good, better than DC ports, at least from these grainy videos.

Anyway, I really wish Playmore would put more effort into the ports like Capcom does, with World Tour/what not so there is some incentive for 1p play. I don't have anyone to play Vs with so that's why I hardly buy any fighting games anymore (something like VF4Evo is just too much to ask for, I know!)

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
There looking really really good. I like the upgraded backgrounds and 2001's new menu. For 40 bucks the price is right. Deffentlly getting this one for Christmas.

Q

qube

Is there going to be a Japanese release of this combo pack? I only ever hear about the US version, and I don't have a US PS2:annoyed:

Q-

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
qube said:
Is there going to be a Japanese release of this combo pack? I only ever hear about the US version, and I don't have a US PS2:annoyed:

Q-

Yeah, I'm in your boat.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
The awesome JPN port of KOF 2000 was out since last year.It came in late august/September for the PS2.
KOF 2001 is coming out on October 23 for the import set.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
2k1 looks better. I wonder what has become of Brazil?

Rearranged music would be nice also.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Holy shit 2k1 looks like freaking awesome! Gourgeous just gourgeous. That game will the port to surpase the original.

Was I the only one who noticed a small narrowing and heightening of the sprites? It isn't that big but I noticed it

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Man, I can't believe so many people think 2k1 looks so good...

Tacky zone

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
Man, I can't believe so many people think 2k1 looks so good...

Tacky zone

Don't you agree that 2k1 for the Neo Geo had aweful bgs?

They may be ok, but relative to other installments, they're horrible.

I think that's one of the reasons I find it appealing.