CPS2 kick harness

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
I know that this has been asked before, but what is the type connector that is used for the kick harness? I know its a dual row 17/34 pin connector, but is it a .100" pitch type connector and what would its Molex part number be?

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
Amano Jacu said:

I have already looked at that plus I e-mailed Bob Roberts, who wrote that page and this is what he said.

"Dear Bob Roberts:
I need to know what type of connector is used on a CPSII kick harness. I know its a 34 pin connector, but not sure which type of connector it is. Thanks.

It's just a double row 17/34 connector.... I don't know that there is any special name for it."

If anyone knows please let me and everyone else know. Thanks guys.

Spectre

Banned
Why do you need to know? If you need one, just buy one. If you want one for as cheap as possible, use the floppy cable method...

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
The following info is not a guess, it is exact.

The auxiliary connector Capcom mounted on their CPSII boards is made by Hirose. The pitch is 2.5mm and corresponds to .098" and NOT .100". The connector on the mobo is a double row right angle pin header (part number: DF1B-34DP-2.5DS, see p.8 of the PDF). The connector on the kick-harness is a double row socket (part number: DF1B-34DS-2.5RC, see p.5 of the PDF). The correct crimping tool for the terminals used for the socket is shown at the end of the PDF (other crimping tools will NOT do).

http://www.hirose.co.jp/cat2002e/500/e54102006.pdf

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
MKL said:
The following info is not a guess, it is exact.

The auxiliary connector Capcom mounted on their CPSII boards is made by Hirose. The pitch is 2.5mm and corresponds to .098" and NOT .100". The connector on the mobo is a double row right angle pin header (part number: DF1B-34DP-2.5DS, see p.8 of the PDF). The connector on the kick-harness is a double row socket (part number: DF1B-34DS-2.5RC, see p.5 of the PDF). The correct crimping tool for the terminals used for the socket is shown at the end of the PDF (other crimping tools will NOT do).

http://www.hirose.co.jp/cat2002e/500/e54102006.pdf

Thanks for the info!

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
I have been looking online at some distrubitors of Hirose products and I found a few places that carry the part. None of them have any on hand because you have to special order them. I also checked Digi-Key and they carry them as well, but had none on hand. The price for the housing is $.60 a peice and you can order them in a min order number of just 1. If some where to be ordered now they can ship them by 11/19/03. Thanks to all who help put an end to this esp. to MKL.