PDA

View Full Version : MS5 Loke Test

Shapermc
09-30-2003, 08:14 AM
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Bishop/5514/diary/mslug5.html

Looks like they've added the ability to slide, which is done by pressing down+B, which for obvious reasons could be very slippery when trying to jump and shoot enemies below. You can shoot mid-slide, and jump out of it as well. The report indicates that the game is rather easy, but this could simply be for the location test. The game has almost all new backgrounds, and the usual green soldier guy doesn't make an appearance, at least not un-masked. All bosses are new, and very 'cool'. Only four missions, but mission 2 is pretty long. Mission one is in the amazon, and you start off riding a canoe. Mission two starts in a canyon. Mission 3 is urban. Mission 4 starts on the ground, but heads under water. Not sure if this is the final number of stages, but that's the report in a nutshell!

Thank insertcredit.com for the tip off.

BlackSpy
09-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Sounds like they've made an effort! Great news.

Though it is looking the great bankruptcy of '03 may streach into '04.

kernow
09-30-2003, 08:20 AM
4 wanky stages?

oh man, playmore can't do anything good.

OMG a down+b slide would have taken YEARS to conceptualize and implement.

dont'cha think

corbo 2
09-30-2003, 08:24 AM
Great to hear they have put effort in to this one.The whole game sounds quite fresh to me.Dunno about the slide button though but sounds interesting.Doubt it would top Metal Slug 3 [insert slug fav slug here] but then again what can?

Poor wallet though,no money :(

kernow
09-30-2003, 08:26 AM
"The game has almost all new backgrounds"

Well, it is a new game, the sheer thought of making new art for a new slug must be beyond playmore, they can't see why you can't be happy with nacza's efforts for the next 16 years.

BlackSpy
09-30-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by kernow
4 wanky stages?

dont'cha think

You need to do more with your days than perfect your bitter put downs.

SonGohan
09-30-2003, 08:27 AM

Mega Man 3, hehe

kernow
09-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I guess it was pretty perfect. Thanks for noticing.

Slug one is king, always will be.

Originally posted by BlackSpy
You need to do more with your days than perfect your bitter put downs.

Setsuna1982
09-30-2003, 08:37 AM
Somebody can translate it?

BTW... the loke test was this saturday... and that's all we have? I wasn't specting as much pics as SVC's loke test but... come on! That's the only guy who went there with a cam??

Electroman
09-30-2003, 08:54 AM
4 wanky stages?

dont'cha think

OUCH! In support for what you said, that's my only complaint for MS3...

Level 5 of MS3 should have been divided into 2 stages, where Level 6 should start off after they launch. It would have been perfectly dramatic....

That's what kinda stunk about Last Resort... only 5 stages. At least they offered a 2nd quest.

Amix
09-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Electroman

Level 5 of MS3 should have been divided into 2 stages, where Level 6 should start off after they launch. It would have been perfectly dramatic....

I agree 100%, stage 5 is far too long.

leGionellz
09-30-2003, 09:15 AM
I must say that this sounds more promising then anything about slug 4 did..

And for the stages: of course this game has more then 4 stages.. right, playmore ... ? :rolleyes:

Kid Aphex
09-30-2003, 09:29 AM
Kern is just bitter I forgot him in my recent war room post.
Everyone should be smilin' a new slug is on its wayyyyy

Snooptalian
09-30-2003, 09:40 AM
As long as MS5 gets a homecart release, I'll be smilin.:)

Robert
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
At leat it's not a copy-paste from the other ones. Let see if the game will worth the attention. Down+B sound fresh even if I still don't see the point.

Shapermc
09-30-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Robert
Down+B sound fresh even if I still don't see the point.
Slide under enemy bullets, get up close, slash with knife. Look flashy and get more points.

Now if only you could lock the position of the Slugs main gun....

Lets Gekiga In
09-30-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by SonGohan
Mega Man 3, hehe
That's precisely what I was thinking!!

Magnaflux
09-30-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Shapermc
Slide under enemy bullets, get up close, slash with knife. Look flashy and get more points.

Now if only you could lock the position of the Slugs main gun....

Vulcan fix?

Shapermc
09-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Magnaflux
Vulcan fix?

Yea, that is what I want.

Freelancer
09-30-2003, 10:20 AM
I like what I'm hearing from the loke test so far! Keep in mind that this is an early version and in the case of SVC, details and game elements were slowly trickled out over time.

It's gonna be one hell of an expensive year for me! :D

Magnaflux
09-30-2003, 10:22 AM
Yea, that is what I want.

I know slug 3 has it in home mode, but I can't say about any others.

Evil Wasabi
09-30-2003, 10:47 AM
I think they should have stick to 6 missions for every Metal Slugs...
But then again, those are beta testing reports, the finished game may have more missions... Hopefully.

Evil Wasabi
09-30-2003, 10:53 AM
Ahhh I want pics :p

Anyway, the new gameplay element seems interesting, hopefully there won't be any problems like in Slug 2 with the Slugnoid, seems every other time I jump out of the damn thing because I hit AB. 5 Missions...eh, I wish they would've kept to 6, Slug 3's Mission 5 is seemingly endless. New enemies I like, new backgrounds will stop people from trashing the game for reused content, and I hope the difficulty is either being judged by a Metal Slug master, or will be turned up by the final product.

Lagduf
09-30-2003, 11:01 AM
Finally some news on Metal Slug 5. The new sliding thing sounds interesting but i wonder how well it will work in practice.

gozaimas
09-30-2003, 11:12 AM
bearing in mind that this IS a test- the point being that feedback can be taken into consideration and the final package edited for release...

Sounds great- good on playmore. they are caught between a rock and a hard place: dramatically change the format and you'll alienate most fans- recycle the past and you'll be accused of not moving with the times...

Sythe
09-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by SonGohan
Mega Man 3, hehe

:lol: :lol:

Pink Spider
09-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Sliding huh...? I like it! :D

Evil Wasabi
09-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Gunstar Heroes, which was basically a Metal Slug ancestor for Mega Drive, had sliding too... Not saying it's the only game that has that, several other games do too...
It's not THAT much of an improvement, but it can make playing the game more interesting and a bit more tactical... Not that you really need to think a lot while playing Metal Slug, but it's still cool. :D

Shapermc
09-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Stifu
Not that you really need to think a lot while playing Metal Slug, but it's still cool. :D

Really?....

Then you have never played the game for score. (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63862)

Marco-big-bro
09-30-2003, 05:27 PM
I'd to pass a master to play MS games:p

still I can't wait for new pics:eye:

GARNER
09-30-2003, 06:34 PM
i hope the underwater is not like ms3 i just want to keep the game on foot but with ms4 with the drop by the crane i could handle that

Marco-big-bro
09-30-2003, 06:44 PM
Let's hope for big , long and hard stages too:buttrock:

incredible new slugs:buttrock:
not like in ms4:blow_top:

Fygee
09-30-2003, 06:55 PM
I'm curious as to whether or not Noise Factory is doing the soundtrack again. If there was one really bright spot in MS4, it was the music.

And yes, it is just a beta test, so its likely they didn't feature the complete game. They'll probably add in a couple more stages and other stuff with the final product.

OrochiEddie
09-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Sounds good to me! New concepts are always welcome for me

roker
09-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Sounds great, thanks for heads up

Evil Wasabi
10-01-2003, 06:15 AM
Really?....

Then you have never played the game for score. (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63862)
Playing the game "for score" is not an essential goal in the game... I mean, most people who play Metal Slugs don't care about that.
But indeed, I've never tried to do it...
But then that could apply to EVERY game... Be it to have as much points as possible, or to finish a time attack thingy as fast as possible... It does require thinking... But that's a special case...

Shapermc
10-01-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Stifu
But that's a special case... For you it is, but there are many people that play games for Score/1 credit completion. The game was designed where these goals are possible and if you enjoy it enough you can do it. You should try it some time it would give you a larger appreciation for the game.

-Regards

Evil Wasabi
10-01-2003, 08:24 AM
For you it is, but there are many people that play games for Score/1 credit completion.
Sure there are, but I just meant those people probably FINISHED the game "normally" etc, before setting up such challenges to extend the replay the value of the game (kind of).

Ilovejapangirls
10-01-2003, 08:39 AM
Stifu i finished MS normally like 3 4 times

then i tried the one credit and then i played for points

i think every shooting fan does like me

i don't know a single good slug player that doesn't care to play for score

sorry for bad english!

Evil Wasabi
10-01-2003, 08:47 AM
Guess I'm a bad slug player then. :D
Or could be the lack of competition...

Magnaflux
10-01-2003, 08:52 AM
If you really want a high score, go through without picking up any weapon power ups and deliberately choose the longest stage. I went on a POW kick and tried to get the "YOU"RE GREAT!" after every stage, but i never could quite cut that challenge.

TheBigBB
10-01-2003, 11:13 AM
First off, guys, number of missions is far less important than length of the game. People complain that MS3 should be divided into a sixth mission, but this is only an aesthetic gripe. The gameplay would be unchanged.

What worried me the most here is actually sliding by using down and B. I just know that if I can't change that setting I'll wind up inadvertently sliding at some point and having to learn how to be careful with my jumps. Also, I hope sliding isn't exploitable at all. I'll have to see how it goes, though.

In general I am excited about this game and I'm remaining optimistic.

Marco-big-bro
10-01-2003, 11:30 AM
We shall see if they lurned something with the mistakes they mad in a MS4...:spock:

I know it's just the lock test, but I wonder how much they really change a game after them...

Anyway even if it's as good as MS4, it'll still be a new slug, and I just can't miss it ( i'm realy starting to know MSX,3,4 by heart).

Metal slugs rules:buttrock: :buttrock: