Did anyone play Metal Slug 5 today?

Donshootermasta

I like Men & Boots!
Well Sept 29th has come and gone in japan.Anyone see or play Metal Slug 5 I could of sworn it was beta test time today.If anyon has any info fill us in.I think this may be the most anticipated Neo Geo Release next to Samurai V and Snk Vs Capcom.Just think we may be receiving the greatest Neo Geo Games all in one year.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I think this may be the most anticipated Neo Geo Release next to Samurai V and Snk Vs Capcom.

Well, since there's only one other new Neo game coming out (KOF 2003...possibly), that's kind of redundant. ;)

Picky dick mode aside, I'm surprised at how there's no info from the beta test at all yet.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Fygee said:
I'm surprised at how there's no info from the beta test at all yet.

Me too. I've asking for info since frinday. The beta test was on saturday... nobody was there? NOBODY?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I think MS4 was THAT BAD that no one in Japan wanted to subject themselves to another.

Robert

20 Year Member
MS4 wasn't THAT ball and he was successful on MVS in japan ( TOP 10 in the arcadia magazine for several months).

Donshootermasta

I like Men & Boots!
Do not flame me But I love metal slug 4

I do not care what people say.Metal Slug 4 had great graphics a Heart Pumping soundtrack and familiar Slug Action.At least it is not Demon Front with metal slug slapped on it.I think Metal Slug 4 deserves some more credit. I love that game!!!!!!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
MS4 was okay, but compared to MS3, or even MS2/X, it was... So so. :\
Not to mention all the stuff from MS1 reused in it...

Josh

Banned
In MS4, the "Two Machine Guns" always have me coming back to that game.

MSX would be the one to keep out of them all. The Night scene on level 1 just eases you into the killing action.

MS2 is nice to have as a once in a while switch up from MSX. The slowdown is actually pretty fun sometimes.

MS3 is fun to play with a girl, since theirs fewer soldiers and more monsters, IMO, it's a more universal MS. On top of that, it's nice to show off a game with beautiful graphics, letting them know there's more to the NEO then puzzle games. But don’t get me wrong this game is cool to show off to everyone.

And once your tired of all the drama, kick back and play MS1 and realize this is where it all started.

I will definitely be supporting MS5.

Last edited:

TriShield

Host for Orochi
I really enjoyed Metal Slug 4 as well, and I'd rather see Nadia and Trevor back than the same old characters that have been in the other games.

The music of MS4 is also the best of the series.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I thought MS4 was OK, it just didn't feel epic. And I thought Nadia and Trevor were horrible, it was evident that they were just sprite edits of Eri and Tarma because when they say got shocked or burned, the sprite became Eri or Tarma. :shame:

Sythe

Ninja Combat Warrior
Weather MS4 is good or bad is not what I want to know, what I want to know is if anyone has played MS5??

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
TriShield said:
Who "were just" sprite edits of Marco and Fio, what's your point?
His point is that as for Trevor and Nadio, it was badly done...
At least Tarma and Eri don't turn into Marco or Fio when shocked / burnt.
(But personally, I didn't notice it... I'll pay more attention next time :p)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Where the hell is BB? He always gives us the lodown on the new games. Haven't scene him in a while though

ShikiMikoto

Mature's Make-up Artist
I found MS4 VERY fun gaemplay-wise, and I personally didn't care about the graphics...as long as they're nice, which I find the MS series to be, more or less. The Music was a nice change from the usual stuff, which is good, but it was different which was pretty cool, I guess.

And I'm so impatient about MS5! Where the hell is it?!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Where the hell is BB? He always gives us the lodown on the new games. Haven't scene him in a while though

i been round.. comp troubles so only posting sporadically...

not an ms fan really so i didnt bother going (sorry ms fans)

Skeeter

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sythe said:
Weather MS4 is good or bad is not what I want to know, what I want to know is if anyone has played MS5??
Someone must have played. And I want to know what it was like as well. Anyone who's played, please post some comments about the game. Forget the SvC delay, forget SS0, I want impressions of MS5.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Stifu said:
His point is that as for Trevor and Nadio, it was badly done...
At least Tarma and Eri don't turn into Marco or Fio when shocked / burnt.
(But personally, I didn't notice it... I'll pay more attention next time :p)

Then pay attention to the soldiers with the "bio-suit" in the final mission (the ones that throw that rolling bombs). When they get flamed they magically became standard soldiers

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The big problem with MS4 is while its a good game overall, its almost impossible to really like after the pure genius that was MS3. Had it came out before MSX or 3, then it would've likely bee much more well recieved.

One thing is for sure though, the music in it totally ruled.