SS5 US AES in limited production?

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
I've seen on the french neo-arcadia web site, (which usualy has good info.) that the US AES of SS5 will only be produced in 500 copies...!!!!!:eek_2::eek_2:

If it's true that would realy be stupid...
I'm sure there must be at least 1000 SS fan's who would like to preorder this game ( me for instance) buttrock:

Have any one heard about this?

Please tel me it just a rumour...:help:

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
Of course i'll preorder this game, that I've been waiting, like for ever...:smirk:
It's just that I don't like the idea to fight for a new game:envy:

It's not like they couldn't produce more cartidges because they...hum... don't have enough boxes to put them in for instance.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
All recent releases have been about 500.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
What's new?

English homecart production runs have been at no more than 500 copies since Metal Slug 3.... and I wouldn't worry about them selling out if past trends are anything to go by, SS0 or not...

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
There really isn't much of a reason to have more than 500 copies. They rarely always sell everything anyway

Freelancer

Banned
Some do sell out completely...
Rage of Dragons and Metal Slug 3 are currently sold out. Metal Slug 4 is 39 copies away from selling out completely.
I'm sure SS5 will sell out within a year or so.

rhiohki

Dodgeball Yakuza
Remeber that we are talking about the ENGLISH release here. The Japanese Home Cart release will be well over 500 copies.

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
I wonder how many copies SVC:Chaos is going to sell?

I want to get another SS. Ive only got SS2. I dont want 1 or 3. And 4 is to rare and expensive. Hope they make enough of SS5 because im not going to be able to pre-order it till like a week before release. Ive spent over $500 on Neo this month. :annoyed:

Last edited:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Freelancer said:
Rage of Dragons and Metal Slug 3 are currently sold out. Metal Slug 4 is 39 copies away from selling out completely.

I'm pretty sure RotD sold out kinda quick because there were only around 200 made, instead of 500.

Look how long it took for Slug 3 is sell out. And that's considered one of the best Neo games. I wouldn't worry about SS5 selling out very fast.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Freelancer said:

Not a very good analogy to say the least.

It took Shawn three years to sell out of MS3, and there were barely 200 copies of RotD in the Neo-Store at release.

It's taken 18 months to get down to 39 copies of MS4, there's over 100 copies of Sengoku 3 left... I doubt that 3 years from now Shawn wants to be sitting on several copies of SS0, no matter how good a game it is.... or how poor at business you are.

rhiohki said:
Remeber that we are talking about the ENGLISH release here. The Japanese Home Cart release will be well over 500 copies.

Very true however I can't help but wonder:

Are there more English-speaking NEO buyers than Japanese-speaking? If so, all the more reason to sell more English versions.

I mean it is quite often that JP versions are cheaper than Eng versions but is that b/c there are fewer JP buyers who read Japanese or what?

I don't blame SNKP for limiting production like they do really. Its good business sense. They know they will get more profit for selling fewer copies at more money than if they sold alot of copies at less money. In the case of the latter, they'd never sell out if they ran 1000 English.

I find it intriguing that the world has to share 500 copies of ENG MS3 or 200 copies of English ROTD. Its very interesting, and tells me how small the world really can be.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
hmmm...I'm thinking Japanese for me. I have the others in japanese so I better try to stay uniform ;)

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
I think a lot of people me included would rather have the jap version so it is not just japanese people buying jap carts......

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Naturally all homecarts are limited (since it's impossible to create an infinite sum of carts, no?).

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Tarma said:
Not a very good analogy to say the least.

It took Shawn three years to sell out of MS3, and there were barely 200 copies of RotD in the Neo-Store at release.

It's taken 18 months to get down to 39 copies of MS4, there's over 100 copies of Sengoku 3 left... I doubt that 3 years from now Shawn wants to be sitting on several copies of SS0, no matter how good a game it is.... or how poor at business you are.

Unless you want to operate at a loss on purpose.

BIG

sony fanboy
I'll take the Jpn release over the US version anyday of the week.

US homecart inserts just doesn't do it for me.

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Electroman said:
Very true however I can't help but wonder:

Are there more English-speaking NEO buyers than Japanese-speaking? If so, all the more reason to sell more English versions.

Umm dont forget that most of their business comes from japan. There are far more jap carts made and sold over there than US carts here. The US market on home carts hardly does them any business. Its more of a favor for the US fans. If it werent for Shawn getting the US carts produced, you would have never seen a US cart produced past MOTW.