New KOF [PS2] Screens

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
That's a awesome find KA, still don't know what to think about the game though.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
To quote one of my most disliked comedians

"Who are these people...? I mean, come on!"

Looks like we may see a good amount of new faces in this one.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
wicked find.
that ain't Duck King with the glasses and Misfits hairdo is it?
this game looks unSNK-like, very PS2-like. fuck knows what to make of it yet.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
DevilRedeemed said:
wicked find.
that ain't Duck King with the glasses and Misfits hairdo is it?
this game looks unSNK-like, very PS2-like. fuck knows what to make of it yet.

If that is Duck King then he's got the same problem as Birdie from Street Fighter, randomly changing skin color. ;)

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Looks like Tekken with Terry Bogard making a guest appearance.

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
This's kind of sad, we don't need a game like this, there are enough 3D fighting games already...
:(
And even worst, the caracters have lost the SNK drawing style...
It will still be interesting to see the evolution of this game, but i doubt they will manage to give us a good gameplay.
But you never know, maybe we will've a good surprise...

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
If you look closely at the shot with two people kind of standing sideways you can see what seems to be Kyo, should be on the left edge of the screenshot. Perhaps it isn't a KOF fighter at all but similar to something like KOF: Kyo. Some of those shots just seem odd for a standard fighter. It could be pretty bad, but since no one expects much it might also be pretty good. Who knows. Set your expectations low and you might be suprised. It has potential to be a different kind of 3D fighter, but so did Street Fighter EX.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Those new characters look rather blah (the redhead girl scares me).

Oh well, still too early to make judgements.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Great charas:rolleyes:

oh man:)

i'm so happy:D

i hope this game gets more ugly charas like these^__^

ahhhh and to think i ll play a KOF on the neo with my fave charas

STILL 2D and without these ugly wimps

feels so good:D

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
www.the-magicbox.com has this listed as 'King of Fighters 3D' (which Shito already started a thread on - though he posted different pics).
Apparently this game is neither the PS2 conversion of KoF2001, nor KoF2003.
What I want to know is - is this the KoF game that Sammy are making seperately, or is it yet another KoF game made by Playmore alone?
I would have though irt was Sammys concoction, judging by the absence of any recognisable KoF regular apart from Terry. Sammy are probably trying to make a whole new fighting game, but (loosely) using the KoF brand to gain a bit more recognition.

Well, thats my speculation anyway.
At least its not recycled content......

neonightrider

Mr. Big's Thug
Two guys are at a game store, and bump into each other. Guy 1 "Hey you got your KOF in my Tekken." Guy 2 "Hey you got your Tekken in my KOF."
All the new people look like Tekken rejects. The only thing good so far is that Terry and Kyo are in it. I will still wait to say more until I can get some more info.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Thanks KA.

Is it me or does that guy with a frontal white strand of hair actually resemble Iori? Looks like we are finally getting a redesign.

Its like SNK really want this to work, its seems extremely well done (on the VF/Tekken level) imo unlike the 3D street Fighters etc.

BloodLust

World Soccer '96
Marco-big-bro said:
This's kind of sad, we don't need a game like this, there are enough 3D fighting games already...
:(
And even worst, the caracters have lost the SNK drawing style...

~Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition~ bah itll be fine.

Catman

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks KA for the link.

Nope, I don't like it. They should have used cell shading so they could at least keep the 2D character feel.

Sigh, we'll have to wait and see when the videos come out.

:make_fac:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
That blonde guy might be a horribly misrepresented Ryo.

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
I really don't understand why they always want to make the old 2D games in 3D (they might think they're going to gain some money with the PS2)...
Anyway, even if SNK had a few try with 3D in the past (FFwildambition...), I don't think it 's the same team who's making this game....And i don't expect them to make a good game, or at least even if it's average, it'll still be ugly for me... ( SNK games used to have some style, this will just be another 3D fight.game)
They could even give a bad image of KOF games to the large public and younger one's, who probably never seen the neo's games):mad:

(yet to tell the truth, I'm a bit curious to see the finished game, but i'll never consider it has a KOF, it's aPS2 game, and that's all)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
As long as some of the classic characters are there I don't care. Maybe this will be our long awaited sequal to MOTW