KoF 2001 PS2 to have new "Opening Movie"

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
A link to several new shots of various SNK and Sammytitles at Game Watch.

http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030927/ss.htm

I got this from the babelfish translation:

"Popularity 2d grapple game the PS2 edition " of the the * king * of * Fighters 2001 ". As for " the the * king * of * Fighters 2001 ", " the K9999 " and the popularity character such as " un hell " appears. On the story it hits to the last chapter of the KOF ネスツ compilation. As for the modification point which is understood at the glance, in the face of the character which is on side of physical strength gauge at the point where " official illustration " is adopted. Besides the fact that the background of part is done again to draw with 3d polygon, also new element such as OP movie for the PS2 is added. October 23rd sale schedule."

Now unless that a weird translation for something else, I think we're going to see something like KoF 1999 Dream Match which would be awesome.

They also mention that SvC Chaos for the PS2 has Dual Shock support (namely when you pull of exceeds) and that a Gallery and Survival mode is so far confirmed for it.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
It was something I once thought would be impossible, but I think 2001 just might get better

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Those 2001 backgrounds don't look much better. Do my eyes deceive me or are the the same as the cart version?

edit: upon closer examination, they look similar to the DC KOF 98 backgrounds, but I was hoping they'd improve the BGs rather than simply making them psuedo 3D.

utter disappointment

Last edited:

Underdog

Camel Slug
It looks like they changed the Sao Paulo stage quite a bit. Mabye it'll have better animation now?

The artwork beside the lifebars looks great, though it looks sort of strange for some characters. Takuma in particular looking out towards the screen looks weird.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
The menu screen has also been changed.

kof2001_tgs_092703_02.jpg

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That select mode screen looks awesome beyond words.

No arguing that this port will definetely be surperior to the original.

I just hope they redid the music too.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The art is still the cat's piss. Those hi-res pics, while technically nice, still look horrible.

I like the menus, however.
Spike

kshira

Crazed MVS Addict
Holy shit!!! I've definetly gotta get my hands on this version.

Oh, and Ron, that thing scares the shit outta me too, man . Just aint right man ya know!:help:

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
it's already better than the neo version:

NO MORE SHITTY IN-GAME AVATARS!