Ohio :SVC: Chaos Tournament on Oct. 4th

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone posted this, but, I feel everyone in southern Ohio should know about this. On Oct. 4th, at the Northgate mall, there will be an SVC: Chaos tournament. The tournament starts at 1pm. The name of the arcade is Tilt. I would arrive early because their flyer advertising it said they would not accept any late entries.

Prizes include a trophy for the winner and, 1st-3rd get to split the entry fee money, which is $2 per head. I expect to see every Neo fan in Cincinnati there, at least!!

Anyway, hope to see you guys there!

Jon

BTW, address is:
9565 Colerain Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45251

Easiest way to get in is to go through the entrance next to Applebees. It's the like the fourth store on the left.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I know, you're the one that told me about it. BTW, if you could, tell that guy that works at Tilt to fix the damn sticks!! I couldn't even do qcf shit without jumping!!

Jon

ltron2020

Marked Wolf
I'm goin up there tonight so i'll ask that troll lookin redneck guy if he can fix the sticks. He probably wont though since he bought big mother truckers:shame:

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Shite! I'll try my hardest to be there. I had no idea about it. I guess I'll bring my Iori game since I seem to do better in the arcades with him. And you better get used to those loose ass sticks, I doubt they'll do anything about them. Is it single elimination?

Last edited:

ltron2020

Marked Wolf
there not gonna do shit to those shitty sticks. But i think its double elimination.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
ltron2020 said:
there not gonna do shit to those shitty sticks. But i think its double elimination.

Cool, it'd suck to put in money just to lose your chance right away. And I got used to those sticks after awhile, they aren't TOO bad. I might show up around noon to play some warm up games. For now though I'm putting my PCb on level 8 and training!

ltron2020

Marked Wolf
shit dude! you got the pcb and you live in cincy! i gots to play that shit:drool_2: do you got it in a cab or supergun?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I think he said he had a cab. He was also saying in that one Cincinnati thread that he sometimes frequents the Northgate mall. I'm surprised I haven't seen him, though.

Hey, I have an idea. On Friday, we need to hook up and start practicing. Is there any way you can bring your SVC: Chaos board over to Iltron's house? He's got a supergun I just sold him. Let us know if this is ok with you.

Jon

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Jon said:
I think he said he had a cab. He was also saying in that one Cincinnati thread that he sometimes frequents the Northgate mall. I'm surprised I haven't seen him, though.

Hey, I have an idea. On Friday, we need to hook up and start practicing. Is there any way you can bring your SVC: Chaos board over to Iltron's house? He's got a supergun I just sold him. Let us know if this is ok with you.

Jon

That'd be awesome, but unfortunately I always work on Fridays. I'll find out what I'm working next week, I'm thinking I'm off Thursday but don't quote me on that. Sorry though, between college and work lately my life has been hell, which explains why I'm so excited about this comp, it gives me something to escape that crap.

ltron2020

Marked Wolf
Yeah that'd be fuckin tits OmegaSaber! If your off work next week and wanted to bring Chaos over your welcome to. Just let me know if you whenever you want to do that. Us neo heads gotta stick together round here:glee:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Yeah, just let us know. BTW, does this remind any of you of an NGF post? Just Dion and Chris talking back and forth?:)

Anyway, if you couldn't come on Friday, it would be awesome if we could all get together early Saturday around 10 am and do some hard core practicing on Iltron's supergun. Let me know what you guys wanna do.

Jon

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Awesome! Unfortuantly I'll be stuck at work all day, but...not even a week from then I get SVC Chaos all to my self! God love the AES! And, if the cab still has thoes shit sticks and crappy button lay out...I'd rather not play cuz my characters will be completely crippled. Just watch out for a cheep chun-li player guys. Jumping LK, standing LK Two-in-one into her mulit hit leg super which has NO LAG! If anybody fights him, use Mai as the ultimate counter (cross up heaven). Thats all the help I can offer :-)

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
yagamikun said:
Awesome! Unfortuantly I'll be stuck at work all day, but...not even a week from then I get SVC Chaos all to my self! God love the AES! And, if the cab still has thoes shit sticks and crappy button lay out...I'd rather not play cuz my characters will be completely crippled. Just watch out for a cheep chun-li player guys. Jumping LK, standing LK Two-in-one into her mulit hit leg super which has NO LAG! If anybody fights him, use Mai as the ultimate counter (cross up heaven). Thats all the help I can offer :-)

I think I've played someone like that, but I feel anyone using Capcom characters is at a disadvantage as most of them don't move as quickly as the SNK ones do. And on top of that, let's face the facts, the majority of folks picking Capcom characters in this game are more used to playing Capcom games in general so SNK folks have their experience behind them. Not that there won't be any good Capcom players there though. That's why I plan on using Iori instead of Ken, less predictable and more moves. I wonder if they'll have a no secret charaters policy??? I dunno, I just hope I don't get knocked out as soon as it starts.

ltron2020

Marked Wolf
hmmm someone using a cheap chun li!? never played him, but my counter to anyone is earthquake or dhalsim. It's over then!!:buttrock:

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
CANCELLED???

Went up there earlier today and the attendant said that since hardly no one signed up it's probably cancelled. I asked if I could sign up anyway and he said "I guess" but just stood there and didn't attempt to get a sign up sheet. I'd double check before you guy head up there tomorrow. On another note, I fought a SUPER CHEAP Chun-Li player while I was there, and a good yet cheap Ryu player (kept doing the same combo over and over).

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Well, I'm still going no matter what. It's either go there and play some SVC for awhile, or, hang out with my sucky video game hating parents!! Anyway, I'm going. I hope I see some people who want to play in the tournament.

Jon

DEXTERPAWN

Kuroko's Training Dummy
why does tilt always try to make our tourny days so difficult. the last time i went to a tilt we had simalar problems. it makes me sad but we dident let this adversity stop us.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Well, went to Northgate mall yesterday. Turns out Omegasaber was right. No tournament. The guy working there said only 2 people signed up during the three weeks he had the flyer posted on the machine. His flyer was extremely misleading. Careful inspection of it reveals that nowhere on the document does it say you have to sign up. All it says is "ask attendant for details," which could mean anything! Though, I was impressed by the fact that they replaced those horrible joysticks they had before.

About 6 other people showed up to play, too. We decided to have our own little tournament. Single elimination, $1 entry fee. So, there were eight people, which makes the grand prize a whopping $8. (yay!) Still, it was fun. Hopefully, there will be a real tournament sometime this year once SVC: Chaos comes to home cart.

Jon

ltron2020

Marked Wolf
WOOO! i got second! First place prize was $8! 2nd place got a whislte pop:buttrock: ! 3rd place got a coupon for $5 off some movie. But it was still more fun than playing killer instinct against Rockeits.... AND welcome to neo-geo.com GIGGS!!!!!

Kristoff

Another Striker
Damn, sorry I couldn't make it up there guys. Had to work :(

Hey Jon, do you know if they ever replaced the connectors on the buttons? When I wired them originally, the only ones they had on hand were slightly too big and would occasionally fall off when someone pounded the buttons. I'm hoping they replaced them along with the joysticks so that we would finally have a solid cab to play on.

It's really cool to see some other Neo players coming out of the woodwork! Speaking of all of this, and I know I've brought it up for like the third time now, we NEED to do a get together! I should get my SvC jamma board in tomorrow, so I'll definetly have that to contribute.

What are you guys up to this coming Friday? I've got some friends coming into town, maybe a few of you would be up for some SvC?

DEXTERPAWN

Kuroko's Training Dummy
if the treasure troll was there we would of had the tournament no matter what. rust buster would of said" i spend all this time driven these riggs around and no one showed up to the tournament? this is ludacris. i goota get on the phone an make some calls boys!!!!!! be right back"
i think o'll rust buster is the only guy we can have hope to help us up there. all the rest of the guys up there are bumps on logs and only care about workin and dont care about us.
:mad_2: :mad_2: :make_fac:

ltron2020

Marked Wolf
Russ makes all the difference, even though you are the final boss of primal rage

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Kristoff said:
Damn, sorry I couldn't make it up there guys. Had to work :(

Hey Jon, do you know if they ever replaced the connectors on the buttons? When I wired them originally, the only ones they had on hand were slightly too big and would occasionally fall off when someone pounded the buttons. I'm hoping they replaced them along with the joysticks so that we would finally have a solid cab to play on.

It's really cool to see some other Neo players coming out of the woodwork! Speaking of all of this, and I know I've brought it up for like the third time now, we NEED to do a get together! I should get my SvC jamma board in tomorrow, so I'll definetly have that to contribute.

What are you guys up to this coming Friday? I've got some friends coming into town, maybe a few of you would be up for some SvC?

Chris, as far as the replacement joysticks go, I'm not really sure. All I know is they were much much easier to use than the pieces of junk they had before. Besides, I thought you worked on the Florence mall one, not the Northgate one? (or, did you do both?)

As far as a get together, I will definitely be available after 2pm Friday and all day Saturday-Sunday. Email me with the details. Also, how's the saturn pad coming along?:)

Hey, Jiggs: "that's an overhead, BTW." Pimp.:mr_t:

Jon