No KOf 2003 this year?

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
Ok so it seems that Snk playmore has delayed the release of Kof 2003 , to sometime in 2004 they also stated that a name change on the date will follow, so it will be Kof 2004 instead. not good news but i saw it coming as Svc Chaos , need s Alot more Room it's just a wise Business decision , besides i dont want any rushed product After evyone complained about Chaos i can just imagine if Kof came out with some kinks, so let it be.
www.the-magicbox.com for the link.
:buttrock:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
this whole KOF thing is a mess. Nothing makes sense. Here are some things I'm hearing.

KOF3D is Atomiswave KOF and is being ported the PS

KOF 2k3 a separate title without teams for Atomiswave, no MVS

Another source says:

There are 3 versions coming out:

KOF 3D = PS2 hardware, exclusive title

KOF 2k3 = MVS

New KOF single player = 2004 for Atomiswave

Finally:

KOF 3D = PS2 hardware (not Atomiswave)

KOF 2k3 = being renamed to 2k4, 2D fighter, no teams for the Atomiswave.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Atomiswave=NOT hardware with good 3D capabilities(as I understand it) so I think we can throw that out.

Also I think KOF 3D is PRETTY much confirmed as PS2 only.

XpOsUrE

n00b
Wow it seems that there mite not be a kof2k3 which sadens me but there mite very well be a kof 3d version :( , sorry but I really wish they would also continue the 2d games. I really enjoy the 2d games.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I think Playmore said they'll consider bringing KOF 3D to the arcades if it does well enough on the PS2. Chances are it'll be on the PS2 System 246 (I think that's the right number) hardware and not the Atomiswave though, since it'd be much easier to port over then.

How about that. Trying to make a perfect console to arcade port instead of vice versa. ;)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
EvilMike said:
Atomiswave=NOT hardware with good 3D capabilities(as I understand it) so I think we can throw that out.

Yeah, I figured that much already, but I thought I'd report what I've been hearing.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
EvilMike said:

True, by today's standards, but bear in mind that it is basically a Dreamcast with more RAM and no GD-ROM drive. I would argue that it's almost as powerful as the PS2 with 3D.

Still, I would prefer that Atomiswave only see 2D games from SNKP; save the 3D crap for something I don't care about, like PS2. :)