Gamespot says that KOF 2003 is on Sammy Harware

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm going to wait for all this to sort out. As far as I know Trieu said an MVS version is still coming as KOF2k3 I'll take his word on that. Whether or not the KOF3D is the Sammy game I don't know. I'll just wait until this all gets sorted out.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
The way I've got it worked out:

There's going to be a KOF3D game for the PS2. This is not on Atomiswave hardware, because, well, for 3d it sucks ass.

There's going to be KOF2k3 for the MVS.

There's another KOF game, an off shoot, being worked on for the Atomiswave, ideally with high res graphics. That's pretty much it.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
yea the misleading thing here is that Gspot said that the untitled atomiswave one is now called kof 2k3 so that doesnt help anyone.

X

Y,
lithy said:
I'm going to wait for all this to sort out. As far as I know Trieu said an MVS version is still coming as KOF2k3 I'll take his word on that. Whether or not the KOF3D is the Sammy game I don't know. I'll just wait until this all gets sorted out.

According to the article the 3D Kof has no name yet and is for PS2. They have confirmed that KOF 2003 is on the Atomiswave platform.

So where is MVS in all of this then since the MVS version was suppose to be 2003?

I will take Gamepots word for it since they were there.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I think there's room for mistakes to be made in translation everywhere.

X

Y,
Kid Aphex said:
I think there's room for mistakes to be made in translation everywhere.

This is true as well and it would not be the first time it has happened.