KOF3D first SHOTS!

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Well, guess someone may be interested in this shit...

255_1.jpg

256_1.jpg

257_1.jpg

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This could be interesting. I mean, games like Tekken 4 and VFEO have some fuckin' SEXY graphics. We're not playing Wild Ambition anymore peeps, this could possibly look real good. Now gameplay-wise, I don't know. It'll be awfully weird playing a 3D KOF..

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Speaking of VF and Tekken, those characters/front ends look ripped right from them both :rolleyes:

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Kid Aphex said:
Speaking of VF and Tekken, those characters/front ends look ripped right from them both :rolleyes:

Maybe Kazuya is a secret character. . .

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Spong is reporting that the 3D version is indeed, KOF2k3.

Such confusion everywhere on the internet...I just want some straight answers...:eye: :eye:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If anything this will at least stop people from bitching about reused content.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
WHOA!!!

If this game is a as good graphically as KOF is technically.. you may have just found your mainstream break for SNK and KOF.

Let me be the first person to say, I'm excited as all hell.

Wow.
:buttrock: :buttrock:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:

No kidding, on the 3rd picture I was like "WHOA!! Steve Fox is in this game!"

Tacitus

Staff member
Why can't there be some new-tech and looks brought into a series without people freaking out?

Big deal, it's a(nother) jump to 3d. It's not the end of the world.

People are mad because KOF doesn't get mainstream recognition as a great game, people are mad because there's a new 3d version of KOF.

If you're going to split hairs, do it the SAME way.

3d is mainstream now.. just accept it.

Don't give me the Playmore is f'ing up SNK's dream and whatever. Face it, if SNK were still here today (in its original form) this would have happened anyways. They did it with the 64, it was just a matter of time before they did it again.

Seriously.. be excited that KOF is coming out in YET another form and one that it's never done before. How cool would it be to have the KOF system, with new cutting edge 3d graphics and released to the arcades? Need better KOF competition? Sick of playing alone? Now you don't have to be!

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Hey, I'm excited, I just don't expect the game to be any good.

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
Well I guess thats it then. Would have been so impressive for the series to have reached 10 annual releases on the original hardware. KOF isn't really my thing but it's the backbone of the Neo, I find the whole 3D thing kinda sad.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
NeoGoaT said:
Well I guess thats it then. Would have been so impressive for the series to have reached 10 annual releases on the original hardware. KOF isn't really my thing but it's the backbone of the Neo, I find the whole 3D thing kinda sad.

Is this KOF2k3? I guess I've heard conflicting reports. Honestly, I'll take Trieu's work over Spongs anyday, especially when Neo related.

kshira

Crazed MVS Addict
Wait a minute. If this IS KoF 2003 and a PS2 exclusive doesn't that sound a little far fetched? I mean I thought this game was kinda like what EX series is to SF (minus the horrible graphics & gameplay).

What about the KoF 2003 on the Sammy hardware is that what this is or is that a 2d game. This is starting to get a little confusing.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Please...

let kof die:(

why it has to go 3D?

what a shame...

i hope they do a BIG failure from this...REALLY big...

they must be sorry for having tried something like this...very very sorry

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
I just assumed that since it was shown on the same screen as the KOF2K3 logo that the images were from that. So they showed the logo for KOF2K3 but no game images and then some shots from KOF3D but not the KOF3D logo? So confused ... :loco:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
KOF2003 runs on NeoGeo (MVS->AES)

SammyKOF runs on AtomisWave

KOF3D runs on 'I don't give a fuck'

Plain and simple.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
NeoGoaT said:
I just assumed that since it was shown on the same screen as the KOF2K3 logo that the images were from that. So they showed the logo for KOF2K3 but no game images and then some shots from KOF3D but not the KOF3D logo? So confused ... :loco:

What the heck do you think the first pic is about? That's the tentative KOF3D logo, you know.

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
Shito said:

I see, good.

That's the hi-res 2D one, also good.

I like your attitude.

Plain and simple.

Thanks for clearing that up. You've gotta take it slower for less mentally gifted members like myself ;) So 3 completely seperate KOFs in development at the same time, one of them's gotta be good right?

Tacitus

Staff member
Shito said:

Plain and simple.

Shito runs on "Bitter Fanboyism"

;)

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I am excited about this. Hope it all turns out well. Can't wait to see more screenshots and movies on this title.

GAMEFAN

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Shito said:

I do, who developed the hardware? Was it in house SNKP stuff or like, did ummm SEGA make the hardware? Seriously I am interested.

Shred

Bead Banger
lithy said:
If anything this will at least stop people from bitching about reused content.

Exactly no more rehashed sprites! :buttrock:

Now why would SNKP want to make a game that would appeal to the mainstream? They might actually make money if they did that! :annoyed:

Just waiting around to see how it looks and plays before slamming a judgement down.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I'm not even going to bother stating an opinion at this moment, because until I see gameplay footage and more in-game graphics shots I can' t get excited or pissed off.

I'll admit - I'm interested.

Those shots do look nice and I do think the KOF series could use some *sort* of change.

But this much of a change...?

It's simply too early to tell.

Last edited: