SVC2 Confirmed, KOFSammy info

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Sounds good, then again we all had a feeling SVC was going to be a beta for a better version to be released later.

mog

Bead Banger
the roker said:
Sounds good, then again we all had a feeling SVC was going to be a beta for a better version to be released later.

All in all I think that SvC turned out suprisingly well for a SNK release. It's completely broken in some ways, but not all ways. Some tweaking and adjusting like making throws work and keeping you from dodging fireballs with couching fierce would make it badass. They should fix the cool characters like Zero so that they're playable. That would be :buttrock:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Orin_Quon said:
Trieu confirmed SVC2 next year:

http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3135

And that King of Fighters is the only SNK + Atomiswave title.

http://www.snk-capcom.com/news/archives/00000013.htm

:lol:

Oh, the irony:

King of Fighters on Atomiswave. Okay, let's clear up some rumors here. We picked and probed and what we came up with is this: King of Fighters (not the official title) for the Atomiswave, is a one time deal between SNK Playmore and Sammy. Chop it, puree it, blend this fact any way you like, but this is the only title that is going to show up on Sammy's system.

Eat your hearts out! :D

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
King of Fighters on Atomiswave. Okay, let's clear up some rumors here. We picked and probed and what we came up with is this: King of Fighters (not the official title) for the Atomiswave, is a one time deal between SNK Playmore and Sammy. Chop it, puree it, blend this fact any way you like, but this is the only title that is going to show up on Sammy's system.

yeah, yeah, they this sort of thing everytime, then some rocket scientists says, "Hey we could add a new background and 3 new characters and make more money from this game" and then they make a sequel to it. Finally some dupe like me runs out to buy it!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
the roker said:
yeah, yeah, they this sort of thing everytime, then some rocket scientists says, "Hey we could add a new background and 3 new characters and make more money from this game" and then they make a sequel to it. Finally some dupe like me runs out to buy it!

Why are you calling yourself stupid?

Also worth noting: The Neo-Geo was never responsible for the rehashing seen in some of the more recent titles; someone was just being 'lazy'.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
i dont like these threads where its "what do you want to see in this game and lets forward it to playmore" and I think grooves is a HORRIBLE idea. I say let the damn game makers figure it out, oh well. :annoyed:

this is all in reference to Trieu's commments on that link of course.

O

Orin_Quon

NeoFight said:
i dont like these threads where its "what do you want to see in this game and lets forward it to playmore" and I think grooves is a HORRIBLE idea. I say let the damn game makers figure it out, oh well. :annoyed:

I don't like grooves either. So what? Let them give their opinions.

Trieu does have contact to not only Playmore but Capcom too (He knew about SS5 - he even called it "five" before anyone, he knew about the Atomiwave discussions, he knows something about a new Capcom game...).

So why not use that as a way of giving the companies REAL feedback? A different person would just lie and tell Playmore that everybody wants "character x" (his favorite character) in it.

mog

Bead Banger
When fanboys start directly influencing how games are made is when I stop supporting companies that listen to them.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
mog said:
When fanboys start directly influencing how games are made is when I stop supporting companies that listen to them.

exactly what I had in mind when i said I hate those threads.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
OMG, I just want NEW games, not just sequels ! If i want improved fighters, I can buy all KoF games !
that's all I want.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That statement about KOF being the only game on the Atomiswave likely won't hold if the game does well enough. They're probably saying that just to cover their butts since a good number of the Neo fanboys are going apeshit.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Fygee said:
That statement about KOF being the only game on the Atomiswave likely won't hold if the game does well enough. They're probably saying that just to cover their butts since a good number of the Neo fanboys are going apeshit.

Heh...

I think it's more along the lines of making sure that there are still MVS machines out there to purchase these last bits of titles, and of course to make sure people still buy the homecarts.

If they go to Atomiswave and come back to the MVS, they're fucked.

Not cause of graphics.
Not cause of sound.
Not cause of rehashing.
Not cause of re-use.

Just because they'll get bootlegged to all hell and loose tons of money. That is why they will be moving to new hardware. Maybe not even the Atomiswave, could be something else, but they're going to go somewhere that doesn't have bootlegs.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
NeoFight said:

Agreed. Some of the requests in that thread are spot on, but others are so retarded I had to stop reading it. It reads worse than a fan review of a game that isn't out yet posted on ebgames.com

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
WTF...

Why did I bother to read as much as I did. Do some of those people know they are requesting characters that SNKP/Capcom no longer or never owned the rights to?

While we are at it I will ask for Miyamoto the Samurai Dragon from Dimahoo :rolleyes:

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Fygee said:

Not only that, but that site doesn't seem to know what they are talking about, at least not 100%.

I managed to find a news report about SNKP working with Atomiswave hardware as far back as February, so they have definately been working with the hardware for some time. That's not to say they haven't changed their mind, but they actually placed ads to hire programmers to develop for the Atomiswave hardware some time before that (end of 2002?).

Anyways, it's obviously still up in the air, but SNKP definately needs to move to new hardware if they wish to continue competing in the coin-op business.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yawn... and yawn. Wake me when it is really official and not just hearsay. Remember, Trieu has offically confirmed a number of things that were right, but recently he has been all over the map with this Atomiswave stuff, lets see what really happens in the coming months.

-Nick

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
omg a sequel to SVC, like no-one saw that coming.

these Vs ideas .. blow

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
kernow said:
omg a sequel to SVC, like no-one saw that coming.

these Vs ideas .. blow

Coming up next from Capcom - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo vs Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, wherein the Morrigan sprite from the original Darkstalkers will be present for no obvious reason.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
SonGohan said:
the Morrigan sprite from the original Darkstalkers will be present for no obvious reason.

Why not throw in the SFI Ryu sprite too. Don't even redraw it.

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
I hope there is more obscurity. That's what made SvC 1 better than the CvS series

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Hopefully this will add fuel for your departure. :glee:

JHendrix said:
Heh...

I think it's more along the lines of making sure that there are still MVS machines out there to purchase these last bits of titles, and of course to make sure people still buy the homecarts.

If they go to Atomiswave and come back to the MVS, they're fucked.

Not cause of graphics.
Not cause of sound.
Not cause of rehashing.
Not cause of re-use.

Just because they'll get bootlegged to all hell and loose tons of money. That is why they will be moving to new hardware. Maybe not even the Atomiswave, could be something else, but they're going to go somewhere that doesn't have bootlegs.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Perfect opportunity to put in Duck King.

Just take MOTM and make it for the arcade. Except add in Duck King, Joe, Captain Commando and Haggar.
As opposed to the other suckass secret people in MOTM