SVC fayetteville tourney in October

GEORGE

New Challenger
Tournament will be held at Mindboggle video arcade on October 25th, arcade is located at Cross Creek mall in Fayetteville NC rules and details will be posted soon, or for more details call Mindboggle at (910-867-8075).

Now my questiion is how are the buttons on the game supposed to be set?, neo geo style or 4 button cvs syle?
Buttons right now are set neo geo style 4 across. I want to set them right soo that there is no doubt or gripes come tournament day

GEORGE

New Challenger
SVC rules

entry fee will be >$5.00

-This will be a double elimination tournament. Each match will be best 2 out of 3, semi-finals will be 3 out of 5, and finals will be 4 out of 7.
-In case of any double KOs, that game will not count and must be replayed.
-Players will have 10 minutes to arrive to their match when announced or will be disqualified.
-Winner must keep same character

CAN ONLY USE DEMITRI AND DAN FROM SECRET CHARACTERS

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
the button layout should be 4 across, and if you aren't allowing some secret characters, don't allow any... just my .02

but i'll try to make it down there if i'm off that weekend. i'm coming down this sat as is ;)

cdurant

Quiz Detective
I agree with kafuin_gaira button layout should be 4 across and no secret characters allowed. If your going to allow Demitri and Dan then you might as well allow the rest.

Kafuin_gaira I will not make this tournament this weekend but I will make the Oct. 25 tourny, hope we can meet then.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Button layout should be 4 across. The safest and simplest boss rule would be no hidden characters, but I think that Dan is the weakest character in the game and that there is no problem allowing him.

Demitri, on the other hand, is too overpowered. The only other bosses I'd consider allowing are Goenitz, who doesn't do damage most of the time, and Ororchi Iori, whose speed advantage doesn't make up for the increased damage he takes when a human plays him. Geese, Zero, Mars People, and Violent Ken are all broken without a doubt.

Question: Why the double KO rule? In a true SNK game such as SVC, there is an additional round to decide the winner in the event of a last round double KO. You need to play Capcom games if you want everyone on the machine to lose their money in the event of a tie. :rolleyes: :annoyed: :p

Last edited:

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
How is Demitri broken? All I could think of is that his fireballs come out quick, and we don't have a roll, but then we have Guile...

Please inform.