Hyper SF II PS2 details at gamespot.com

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Not SNK related, but may be interesting to some.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/hypersf2/news_6075764.html

It's going to be Super Turbo sprites. You can choose a character, and what rendition you want him to fight as (i.e. Turbo SF Ken or Super Turbo Ken).

Not redrawn, but still interesting to see. It'll have galleries and other hidden stuff to unlock, from what it says.

Release date is December 2003 in Japan.

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
thanks for the update! Wow, it seems like a SF version of Vampire Chronicle with a ton of extras. Sounds nice to me!

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm REALLY disappointed they left SF 1 and 3 out of this compilation. :\

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
No problem, guys... just glad to see the details about it finally. I just hope it plays solid... since mixing all those versions of SF may make the game a little quirky.

It'd be awesome if the game had new backgrounds or remastered tunes. Now, I need to plan on getting an import PS2 or get a modded US one. :multi_co:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
I'm REALLY disappointed they left SF 1 and 3 out of this compilation. :\

I'll drink to that.

Why not give us a true compilation like they're doing for Mega Man?

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Welllllll..... I would wish for a release of the Mega Man X games as well. Don't think that's going to happen, though (although it's nice to see the 2 MM fighting games included in the current collection). I'd love to play a SF3 collection as well.

I'm just glad something came out for SF's 15th. Super Turbo is my favorite SF... so I'm pretty primed about this upcoming homage. I'd play lots of Hyper Fighting Ryu, that's for sure. That'd be crazy to play HF Ryu with a super meter (playing Super Turbo style).

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
That's kind of cool. I wasn't really expecting anything really new out of Capcom on the 2D horizon anyways. Sure, I'd like to see more...but maybe the ACTUAL work is being put into some legit new SF game.

Probly not, but I'm a loser.

X

Y,
What a freaking rip off. I am very let down by this news.

You guys know this was an option already in the original SS2TX right?

So in other words this is not a hyper game but still just another port of Super Turbo with art gallery.

I guess Capcom forgot that some gamers that were alive back then are still alive today and we remember about this stuff.

Total freaking laziness. I can not believe they are calling this a new option when it was in the original arcade version.

Not only do they recycle sprites, but they try to pass old options as new ones? What the hell is wrong with them do they think we are stupid. With that said I will not support this game.

X

Y,
All excited and all I get is a game I already own in 4 formats. I own it on PSX, Saturn, CPS2, and Dreamcast.

On top of all that I play it on my XBOX on an emulator because there is something wrong with all the above versions.

PSX - Slowdown Unforgivable since Alpha 3 exists and is decent and loading. I hate loading in fighters.

Saturn - Same is above with even worse slowdown.

CPS2 - My freaking board committed suicide several years ago. Yes I know that you can revive it now. I don’t want to since I play it on the XBOX without the super gun hassle and mess. No freaking VS options. If I win I am stuck with that character. On Xbox I just save state on the chanter select screen and when someone wins I just hit the right thumb stick and I am there in less then half a second. So you see I have the ARCADE version with a sort of character select screen.

Dreamcast - Plays fine, sounds fine, no loading, but what the hell is wrong with graphics? It looks like total and otter garbage. It is like there is a vsync problem with lines in the stages and there is an odd tone of colors.

All in all I love this game as you can see I have multiple copies of it trying to get the perfect version. I found it on the XBOX.

No slowdown.

No loading.

No odd visuals.

Some option to change characters when playing with friends in the real "CPS2" version since the real one does not.

Use of my Sega Saturn Pad or DC stick.

This PS2 port would have to be perfect in order for me to get it. It would have to include new options not old options that are said to be new. I do not know what else to say.

Last edited:

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Meh, I was hoping for something new. That sounds like the SC version. P.S. any version of ken or ryu with totally invincible dragon punch = ownage.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Hey, it's the 15th year anniversary of recycling the same shit over and over again 10 times!

Thanks CAPCOM!

Jesus that's a lame piece of shit, Capcom just squeezing all the life out of a game again. Think this mealticket's worn out yet?

Why not update EVERYTHING, but keep the engine? Or a COMPLETE compilation of EVERY SF game out there? IT's feasible.. look at all the characters in MvC2... it can be done..

Another reason I'm glad I gave up on that company a few years ago.

I wonder if 1337 h4x0r5 will get their hands on the disk, then capcom will respond by releasing "Hyper Street Fighter II: Anniversary Edition: Hyper Fighting ' Super Tournament Edition X II"???

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
RUMOUR:
Capcom has allocated development of all future fighting game titles to Playmore. <end transmission>

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
Compilations are nice. But I already own the Saturn and PS1 compilations of SF2. I also have the Dreamcast version of SSF2X. So the fact that this is just another compilation of games I already have sucks IMO :angry: I wanted something NEW.

On the up side it sounds like it might be a pretty good compilation. Im not sure what to think of the way its being organized though. I like my games to be arcade original. What would really rule is if they put in a ton of modes like they did with Alpha 3. And if they could rescan or some other way upgrade it to high-resolution. SFII sprites in high res would rock!

Sadly I doubt any of those things will happen. Art galleries are nice, but nothing we haven't already had. The info on SF history is also cool, but probably wont contain much fans dont already know.

In the end this is more of a slap in the face to the hardcore fans. Wow a 15 year old game being re-re-re-released with a couple new pieces of art included. WOW... :crying:

Last edited:

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
the roker said:
I'll wait for the inevitable US release.
Imagine that, Capcom releasing this in the US, now THAT would be news. I don't think they will.

RUMOUR:
Capcom has allocated development of all future fighting game titles to Playmore. <end transmission>
While reading that I had the horrible Bionic Commando Transmission background noises in my head.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Shapermc said:
Imagine that, Capcom releasing this in the US, now THAT would be news. I don't think they will.

So true..
My emoticon opinion of Capcom and their releases (or non release) of games as of late:

icon_puke_l.gif

X

Y,
Electroman said:
Waste of fuckin time.

How many more SF's do they think we need?

We need many more as long as its a step up like SF2 was to SF3.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
All I know is I'm importing it, all I need is a release date or an NCSX link....:D

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
It'll be a great game if the character-specific glitches from the previous games like SF2 Guile's handcuffs or SSF2 Zangief's full screen slam are working. :smirk: