Matrimelee Lyrics translation guide updated!

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
For those that are interested in knowing what is being said in the Matrimelee songs but don't understand Japanese, you can check out the guide by tsukaesugi and myself. Grab the guide here:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/matrimelee_lyrics_guide.txt

You will need to copy/paste that URL into a *NEW* browser window, otherwise it will NOT work. Let me know what you think, but thank tsukaesugi for the translations! :)

Kaz

ps I also slightly updated my in-depth Matrimelee review and also the combo guide. Hopefully I will have some bigger updates for the combo guide soon! :)

Last edited:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I know I know... just copy/paste it into a new browser window :)

Kaz

I had no problems opening the link by just clicking at it.

Awesome work, tsukaesugi and kazuya!

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Great wok guyz!
Anyway, the complete title of the kamen masked like singher isn't 'Bimbo Ningen Kanenaijya'?

Sotra like 'Poor Human Nomoneyranger', right?

:)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Damn... and the one I was most interested in, the Alien song, wasn't done yet :( Oh well... good work for sure, nice read,

-Nick

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
tsuka was working on the Alien song, although he said it was longer than the others, so it would take a little longer to translate. I'll make an update once he gets time to finish it and will let you all know :)

Thanks guys,
Kaz

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Alien song = Bokura no Himitsu (Our Secret)

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Shito said:
Great wok guyz!
Anyway, the complete title of the kamen masked like singher isn't 'Bimbo Ningen Kanenaijya'?

Sotra like 'Poor Human Nomoneyranger', right?

Ooopsie. Shito's right, the correct Japanese title is 'Bimbo Ningen Kanenaijaa'. I must have been hungover when I translated that one.

'Ningen' can translate as either 'human', or 'man'... in this case it's more than likely 'man', which would make the title 'Poor Man Nomoneyranger' which would be redundant.

Incidentally, the way I translated the lyrics was sentence for sentence. This means that I tried to translate each individual line/ sentence as accurately as possible in isolation. I didn't try to get all the lines to flow together, that would have required changing the meanings of some of the lines a little bit. That's why some of the English might seem a little strange some of the time.

DAN DA DAN!

tsukaesugi

Fluff_Daddy said:
evil unlinkable thingy =)

I've had problems with linking things from vB too recently. It seems to abbreiviate links when it parses them.

Anyway, try cutting and pasting this:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/combos/matrimelee/matrimelee_lyrics_guide.txt

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I'll change the title of the song to "Bimbo Ningen Kanenaijaa' but leave the lyrics as they are right?

Kaz

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
thats just incredible, I still haven't played MM, but the work thats gone into those songs might just convert me.

Theres a tear in my eye, simply due to the fact somewhere, SNK/P developers are putting their hearts and souls into software for the black and gold.

The way it used to be. You remember?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
Ooopsie. Shito's right, the correct Japanese title is 'Bimbo Ningen Kanenaijaa'. I must have been hungover when I translated that one.

'Ningen' can translate as either 'human', or 'man'... in this case it's more than likely 'man', which would make the title 'Poor Man Nomoneyranger' which would be redundant.

Incidentally, the way I translated the lyrics was sentence for sentence. This means that I tried to translate each individual line/ sentence as accurately as possible in isolation. I didn't try to get all the lines to flow together, that would have required changing the meanings of some of the lines a little bit. That's why some of the English might seem a little strange some of the time.

DAN DA DAN!

Actually, I though of the redunant 'Poor Human Nomoneyranger' as a pun of the TITLE of some sentai, you surely will no 'Super Human Samurai Cybersquad' and such.

Using the 'ningen' as 'human' is typical of almost all '70 Japanese superheroes, just as 'muteki' and 'kyojin' were keywords for Japan Robot animation in those days... ;)

tsukaesugi

Shito said:
Actually, I though of the redunant 'Poor Human Nomoneyranger' as a pun of the TITLE of some sentai, you surely will no 'Super Human Samurai Cybersquad' and such.

Using the 'ningen' as 'human' is typical of almost all '70 Japanese superheroes, just as 'muteki' and 'kyojin' were keywords for Japan Robot animation in those days... ;)

I'll take your word for it... aside from a couple of episodes of 'Kamen Raidaa', I've never really watched many Japanese Superhero series.

I'll stick by my original translation however, the redundancy really doesn't translate well into English I think.

PS, nice sig!

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Well, anyway fact is Matrimeee OST rocks hard, buddy!

Anyway, we both know Lewis Carrol was a genious. :-)

G.

'Superhuman Samuari Cyber Squad'? Wasn't that the one with the wanna-be goth kid who spent all his time in the closet and talking to robo-bondage clad Tim Curry while drawing a bunch of fruitly looking monsters?

Man, a wasted childhood..Even for a harp seal..

Oh, and by the way, I've always wanted to know the lyrics for the song about the guy eating the steak. I don't even want to recall how many matches I've lost staring at the monitor in bewilderment.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Guy eating a steak...? Which ones that? :)

And yeah, the Matrimelee OST is great... one of the few OST CD's I've gone out and bought! :buttrock:

Kaz