SVC Dumped and Emulated

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
BillyJr (or someone else) is at it again. Its pretty freakin sad when the game hasn't even gotten an MVS or AES release yet.

For pics click here.

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I just ordered my copy at a local electronics store yesterday.

Whether or not teh r0mz get dumped is irrelevant: the people who want a copy of the real thing will buy it regardless.

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
tsukaesugi said:

Whether or not teh r0mz get dumped is irrelevant: the people who want a copy of the real thing will buy it regardless.

Oh no doubt tsukaesugi. What makes it even sadder though is that they had to do it when a less expensive PS2 port is on the way. It will seriously affect sales and prevent other games from coming over. I know I'll buy it anyway but I know a lot of other people probably won't now. Bastards.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Meh, thanks for the attempt at flamebait, but I'll pass.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:

Exactly, emulation is no "real threat". The buying public has already been established that's why many games continue to hold their value.
-BB

Robert

20 Year Member
Even if I don't like to say that, seeing the Rom of SvC was just a question of time. I don't think that it worths a 100+ post thread about emulation. Sad...

BIG BEAR said:
Exactly, emulation is no "real threat". The buying public has already been established that's why many games continue to hold their value.
-BB

True, but it IS a very real threat to the arcade industry why dump a credit in when you can play at home??? leave it a couple of years, fine but a couple of months......

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
meh

I bought my game, I did my part.

Let people whore the game to nothingness, not much you can do about it anyway.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
One thing I'm curious about is whether or not putting SvC on a PCB slowed down the timeframe from release to dump. If this news is true then SvC was dumped in roughly two months, about the same timeframe that KoF 2002 was.

One other factor to consider is that this is probably the biggest Neo release in several years so dumpers probably wanted to dump this quicker than previous games. In other words if the game was a straight MVS cart would they have dumped it in two weeks rather than the usual two months.

Like I said, just curious, as I can't see any other reason why Playmore released a PCB instead of straight MVS other than to stop/slow down bootleggers.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Um yeah it's been known that the game has been dumped and emulated for a while now.

Basically you've got rom whore's hoarding the ROMZ, basically the dumper and a few of his closest but-buddy friends taking pictures of the ROM running and saying "we have it and you don't and we won't release it to the public unless we're paid or when we feel you've begged us enough for it!"

Don't feel bad, no one can just download it and play it for free...yet. It normally takes a few weeks to a month after screen shots of the emu comes out before it's released to the public.

And no, having it on the board did nothing towards getting it dumped. General rule: when the game has been bootlegged, someone dumped the game and took away the encryption. Once the boot comes out an EMU screenshot fest and whoarding of the ROM will not be far behind.

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
I dont really want to play the game on a 13 inch monitor with tiny little speakers.

Emulation has never really interested me.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Supprisingly calm reactions here. Anyways, the sales I think that it will hurt the most are PS2 SvC:Chaos sales.

tsss everytime i see that chars selection screen it makes me sick...i mean come on' this is SNK vs CAPCOM it ain't pacman vs boulder dash...
Haha, I have given up on some people. I mean seriously half the characters are brand new, but no one was redrawn. The CPS2 sprites were ripped :rolleyes:

JHendrix

Shapermc said:
Supprisingly calm reactions here. Anyways, the sales I think that it will hurt the most are PS2 SvC:Chaos sales.

Haha, I have given up on some people. I mean seriously half the characters are brand new, but no one was redrawn. The CPS2 sprites were ripped :rolleyes:

The only capcom sprite that was really ripped I believe was Hugo, and that's it. I think even Chun Li was re-drawn.

Hell even Terry has some new animation to him. I just want this friggin game and SOON. Why isn't it October 10th yet? :(

Also I doubt this will affect too many people not buying the PS2 version, I mean how many people can play the game on their TV with a good controller for PC? Hardly anyone can build thier own MAME TV setup or even afford an X-Arcade controller.

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
uhm you must be on crack if you think all of the sprites were ripped from the capcom side. I played that game and I have to say they do not look like there capcom counter part.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
OK, you see the little eye roll thing... That was sarcasim. I was making fun of the guy... I know about all that stuff. The guy that said that just looked at the sceen and said "Hey I am stupid" basically by saying that.

Sorry, that was sarcasim

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Phoenix Down said:
One thing I'm curious about is whether or not putting SvC on a PCB slowed down the timeframe from release to dump. If this news is true then SvC was dumped in roughly two months, about the same timeframe that KoF 2002 was.

One other factor to consider is that this is probably the biggest Neo release in several years so dumpers probably wanted to dump this quicker than previous games. In other words if the game was a straight MVS cart would they have dumped it in two weeks rather than the usual two months.

Like I said, just curious, as I can't see any other reason why Playmore released a PCB instead of straight MVS other than to stop/slow down bootleggers.

You are confusing "dumping" the roms with "freeing" them. KoF 2002 was dumped the first day to make bootlegs, and some time after the rom was emulated and made available for everybody to download.

We still don't know when exactly was SvC dumped, but bootlegs needed more time to surface.

1.) Now, all SNKP needs to do is realize that rom dumping is inevitable, and go back to releasing standard MVS as well as AES versions of their softs.

2.) Emulation is good only for archival of really old stuff if you already own the real Rom of course. Also if you want to try a game b4 buying it.

3.) Other than that, it sucks and is expensive to convert a nice setup as a dedicated MAME box. Coupled with the notion that its just plain wrong.

JHendrix

SNKP already knows this, that's why SS5 is coming out on MVS cart, and the rest will probably be on cart as well.

I think that FINNALLY they've realized that this is always going to happen and this is why they're moving to Atomiswave.

Figures it'd take major punches into their wallet to get them to move to new hardware, and not the actual gaming market. Oh well, at least it's happening.

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Shapermc said:
Anyways, the sales I think that it will hurt the most are PS2 SvC:Chaos sales.

Thats exactly what I'm afraid of. I've imported every single SNK port that wasn't released in the states. Now theres finally hope of seeing some english releases and this crap happens.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I don't know... I still don't think it will hurt port sales even. I mean, the people who download the rom will just download the CD RIP of the PS2 game anyway. I mean, if you are a thief you are a thief. Oh and for the record, those images were leaked by someone close to Billy Jr... supposedly, but he has no intention of either giving info or the dump of that game... Seems, according to him, he was sued by SNKP and is too afraid to get mixed up in the ROM release of this game.

-Nick

Robert

20 Year Member
JC10001 said:
Thats exactly what I'm afraid of. I've imported every single SNK port that wasn't released in the states. Now theres finally hope of seeing some english releases and this crap happens.

I don't think that the Neo version will be hurt by the PS2 port. Even if it's the same game, it's 2 different way of thinking. Buying a neo game is much more than buying a normal game. I don't know how to explain it correctly but the object has much more importance than a simple CD game. I'm not a collector but each time I buy neo a game, it's different feeling than a DC or a PSX one. It's just like buying a real AC cobra and buying a replica. The replica can be better than the original, the real AC has something special. Sorry if I'm not clear but I think that I'm not the only one in this case.