Just got a Neo Candy from Arcade-Infiniti

rockosocko

n00b
After weeks of e-mailing Arcade-Infiniti I finally got a reply. I made an appointment to see their warehouse. As soon as I walked in there I asked for Jack or Jeff, there were about 8 people in the office that all looked at each other as if they didn't want to tell me. They aren't very organized, and the cabinets they have in stock are all dirty and half of them don't even work. Their auto shop in in the same room as the arcade cabinets. I had to wait about an hour for them to change all the buttons on the cabinet that I liked. They have no motherboards in stock either. When it came time to pay they only accepted cash. After 3 hours of driving I was going to walk out of there with something. All in all I wasn't very impressed with them. By the way I paid $400 for the Neo Candy 29. They did however let me test it and they helped me load it. Hope this helps you guys who want to buy from them.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Look on the brightside at least you got a Neo cabinet! Have fun with it.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hey,Congratulations...

How much testing do they let you do..?
Do they install a PCB board to let you test out how everything works?

What's the testing process consist of..?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hey,Congratulations...

benner

n00b
Nice.

I am also interested in purchasing a cabinet through them. Although their customer service leaves me a little skeptical. When you visited their warehouse did you happen to see any of the Blast City Hi-Res cabinets? I am not sure whether they have those, but I really want one of those. If not I'll get the Astro City.

idiot

n00b
I ordered 2 Sega Astro City cabs from them 3 weeks ago and I was a little puzzled by their odd customer service at first (and the fact that they don't have a phone number on their website). But the cabs I got are nice. Now, if only I can find a place where I can buy replacement Sanwa parts when the ones in it give out. . .

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yep,

That sounds like them alright, they barely speak engrish. Hah, I had to wait almost a month to get my cabinet, but hell, it was well worth it. The cabinet is the shit & I've already modded my cabinet with extra buttons so I can play many other kinds of games. I would definately do business with them again, I only had to pay $399 for mine, so I think you made off alright, I had to pay an extra $300 to ship my cabinet up here :annoyed: .
As for the replacement Sanwa parts, try looking at www.hardmvs.com , I'm pretty sure he has links to get these parts. Maybe even www.therealbobroberts.com might help you out as well. The only other place I saw Sanwa parts is at www.coinopexpress.com. I hope this helps a bit. Laters... :cool:

benner

n00b
How much did both Astro City's cost together? and which type of Astro City did you get?

On their website they have the original Astro City model, but at their arcade they have the New Astro City with the front speakers?

Which one did you get?

I actually have friend in Japan who just finished ordering me some parts from Sanwa-Denshi. He runs an Arcade in Japan and before people ask, NO I CANNOT ORDER YOU PARTS.

It's possible to order parts directly from Sanwa though I've seen a couple of people do this, but you have to be very lucky for them to take your order, Much less getting them to reply to your emails. Besides, you can get Sanwa sticks from Arcade Infinity too. I'm surprised that Sanwa hasn't tooken into account the high demand for their products. Tis sad.:(

Last edited:

rockosocko

n00b
chris1 said:
Hey,Congratulations...

The guys set it up for you by hooking up the PCB board and basically let you play until you are satisfied that it works. They also go over what the service and test buttons do etc..

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
They are nice people. Just be sure you know what you want when you get there. I got both my MVS 25" cabinets there and they let me test the hell out of them. I installed four games on each cabinet and played for about an hour.

When I purchased my cabinets, they also had the two 4 slots as well so I got a package deal. They installed new monitors for me, and cleaned them up alot for me. I ended up writing them a check for $1,100.00. This was back about two years ago.

GAMEFAN

idiot

n00b
benner said:
How much did both Astro City's cost together? and which type of Astro City did you get?
(

It was $1050 to have both of the old style Astro City 29''s shipped up here to the shop in Seattle. I'm putting 3s and CvS2 in them in a few days for the public to play.

I'm probably gonna end up ordering 10+ more cabs from them in less than a year for our second location.:D

If any of you are interested in coming down and playing these games when I've got them working(26th of Sept. by the earliest) the address of the shop is:

The Stomping Grounds
540 Northgate Way
Seattle, WA 98133

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
idiot said:
If any of you are interested in coming down and playing these games when I've got them working(26th of Sept. by the earliest) the address of the shop is:

The Stomping Grounds
540 Northgate Way
Seattle, WA 98133 [/B]

Hey cool I live in Shoreline just 2 exits up from Northgate Way.
What kind of shop do you have.....an arcade?
Is that inside Northgate Mall?

Where is your shop at exactly......ie.....by GameStop, Kinko's, Target.....???

Last edited:

idiot

n00b
Robert Wallace said:
Hey cool I live in Shoreline just 2 exits up from Northgate Way.
What kind of shop do you have.....an arcade?
Is that inside Northgate Mall?

Where is your shop at exactly......ie.....by GameStop, Kinko's, Target.....???

It's a LAN shop primarily. I'm a friend of the owner who was tapped to install & maintain the cabs he puts in his shops(He intends to open a location in Shoreline within 6 months[I've been told that it'll have at least 6 more cabs]), as well as run tournaments on a regular basis.

The Stomping Grounds is located in a "mini-mall" complex on the north side of Northgate Way. The complex also contains a Starbucks & a crappy restaurant called "Copper Sky."

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
Ok I know where that is at, I'll have to stop by sometime.

Is your business open right now, or during the week?

I drive by there almost everyday, I shop at the QFC store there all the time. Looking foward to checking out your cabs! I used to have alot of different MVS cabs, right now I am working on making a few of my own consolized MVS boards.

You can see my 2 slot in these Tech Fourms.;)

**Edit for the link.***

Last edited: