Samurai Shodown 5

Censei

n00b
It seems Apple Industries is being the distributor for "Samurai Spirit Zero" which has actually been renamed into Samurai Shodown 5 for the United States. Here is the .pdf from the company:

http://www.appleindustries.net/images/samurai1.pdf

Either the game is already released or its going to be released within a couple of more days. Early release maybe!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
[whine & bitch] Damn! I like Samurai Shodown Zero better because it's been so long (7 years?) since the last installment[/whine & bitch]
-BB

johnroche

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Honestly, I think it would have been infinitely better as Samurai Shodown Alpha. :glee:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
This to me, looks like apple industries AGAIN trying to say they are the distro when they aren't.

It doesn't make sense - SNK NEOGEO USA opened to be the arcade distro wing - why would they farm it out to apple, whom they just got done suing?

Doesn't make sense to me.

after reading the apple website, I wouldn't know what the fuck is going on.

Its all horseshit to me until the word comes from SNKP.

Maybe Shawn knows what's going on?

daybona

Juz,
I sincerely hope this is one of SNK's gems that SNKP has decided to unearth and give a fine polish to. It certainly seems that way. I am very much looking forward to this game.

bstoppel

n00b
20 Year Member
What if the agreement between SNK and Apple had specified exclusive distribution of MVS cartridges. Maybe that's why they get this release. It could be a loophole or part of a settlement agreement.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
either way, 24 charecters in a sam sho game is to drool for!

I want this game much more then snk vs capcom!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Censei said:
It seems Apple Industries is being the distributor for "Samurai Spirit Zero" which has actually been renamed into Samurai Shodown 5 for the United States. Here is the .pdf from the company:

http://www.appleindustries.net/images/samurai1.pdf

Either the game is already released or its going to be released within a couple of more days. Early release maybe!

I played this game at this week's AMOA Trade Show in Las Vegas and was pretty impressed with it. Short and hard slash, kick and a meditation(?) button. Attacks and combos can be pulled off easily and the selection of characters is big.

Apple Industries is indeed putting out the game and the spokesman there told me around mid-October will be the release but what I found a little odd is when I mentioned to him "SNK vs Capcom" he without hesitation said that SS5 is much better than that game.

A little professional head-butting between Apple and Playmore perhaps?!!:eek:

Thanks for reading for this is my first post here in the Neo-Geo Forum :glee:

Zonks

n00b
I sure hope that this game comes out on home cartridge this year. I can't wait to play it.:)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
I dont care as long as this game kicks major ass!

The attack system is patterned after Samurai Shodown 4 with some minor tweaks but the short time I played it was a blast.

The Apple representitive was telling me some of the special moves and attacks on the game however I figured them out before he could fully tell me. I even found one special attack he'd never seen before :loco:

Cost of the MVS version will be $750 according to Apple Industries.