27 september, metal slug 5 at the neo-geo land!!

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
I hope we will discover that finally a new, wonderful, slug is waiting for us to be played! MS4 really disappointed me, i hope this one is going to be more like MS3 speaking of style and graphics.:buttrock:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I want loke test report! Someone hop into a time machine and go check out that Metal Slug 5!

Skeeter

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Lord_Tibor said:
I hope we will discover that finally a new, wonderful, slug is waiting for us to be played! MS4 really disappointed me, i hope this one is going to be more like MS3 speaking of style and graphics.:buttrock:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually think MS4 is a pretty darn good game. Better than MS3? Probably not, but still a worthy Slug game IMHO.

As for MS5....I can't wait! It is the most anticipated upcoming new release for me. I will definitely be one of the first to pre-order. As soon as Shawn throws up a pre-order link, I'm there!

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Skeeter said:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually think MS4 is a pretty darn good game. Better than MS5? Probably not, but still a worthy Slug game IMHO.

As for MS5....I can't wait! It is the most anticipated upcoming new release for me. I will definitely be one of the first to pre-order. As soon as Shawn throws up a pre-order link, I'm there!

I think you mean MS3 in the first paragraph, but anyway I agree. I find 4 very fun. My thoughts though are weird, the game doesn't seem to fit with the rest, but it also returns to the roots of soldiers instead of the circus that MS3 is. Overall though I rank it by far the lowest but still a lot of fun. Final boss is pretty dissapointing, new additions are very welcome, and I hope 5 improves on 4.

Skeeter

Kuroko's Training Dummy
lithy said:
I think you mean MS3 in the first paragraph, but anyway I agree. I find 4 very fun. My thoughts though are weird, the game doesn't seem to fit with the rest, but it also returns to the roots of soldiers instead of the circus that MS3 is. Overall though I rank it by far the lowest but still a lot of fun. Final boss is pretty dissapointing, new additions are very welcome, and I hope 5 improves on 4.
Yep...that's what I meant to say and it's been edited. Thanks for the head's up!

I agree with the "circus" feel of MS3. That's probably why I seem to enjoy MS4 more. As you said "returns to the roots of the soldiers." More like the original, and that to me is a good thing.

At any rate...MS5...bring it baby!

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I'm really interested in this SLUG5.
For me, this is the true SLUG4.

SLUG4 is fun of course if you try to forget that 80% of the game is just a "copy" of the work that was done in the preview slugs.

What interest players (fan of the slugs) is to have new design for each games... after that... well that's aways the same things... shoot, super machine gun, shoot gun etc...
That's damned fun!!! But we want new level... really NEW levels.

This slug5 seems really to be completly new!
I think it will be really a must have!

I'm waiting for the vids now :cool:

Shin-Strider

NEST Puppet
Metal Slug 4 should have been called Metal Slug X2.

I think it was good game, but the fact that it reused old graphics & backgrounds makes it more of a remix (like Metal Slug X) than a true sequel.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Shin-Strider said:
Metal Slug 4 should have been called Metal Slug X2.

I think it was good game, but the fact that it reused old graphics & backgrounds makes it more of a remix (like Metal Slug X) than a true sequel.

Every slug reuses stuff, and it is far from a remix. X is truly a remix as everything level wise is the same, only thing different is bosses and enemies. Metal Slug 4 may have reused more than other slugs, but its still an original design.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'd probably buy MS4 over MSX, but only because its cheaper!

all the people on these boards who slag off ms4 but you hardly ever see cheap ms4 on the selling boards !

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Bah i hope this doesn't turn into an MS4 sucks thread. Once i get some cash im gonna pick up a MS4 mvs kit so i can finally find out how this game stands with me...

But err hmm back on subject: I can't wait to see some more screen shots of Metal SLug 5. Hopefully we'll get some videos. This is definitely my most anticipated Neo titles of the year.

Shin-Strider

NEST Puppet
lithy said:
Every slug reuses stuff, and it is far from a remix. X is truly a remix as everything level wise is the same, only thing different is bosses and enemies. Metal Slug 4 may have reused more than other slugs, but its still an original design.

Ah maybe you're right. But I still think they could have added alot more new material to MS4. It's all that reused material that makes it feel like a remixed game to me. Either way, I still think Metal Slug 4 is solid addition to the series.

Anyways I'm looking forward to Metal Slug 5!

MarcoRossi

Zero's Secretary
Lagduf said:
But err hmm back on subject: I can't wait to see some more screen shots of Metal SLug 5. Hopefully we'll get some videos. This is definitely my most anticipated Neo titles of the year.

Same here! I can´t wait to grab this game!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I can't wait. Hope this slug will beat out 3. We need another fucking awesome war game